1594 users online (344 members and 1250 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Extra-special cat has 26 toes

Extra the kitten has been aptly named by her owners - she has 26 toes that give her a distinct advantage over her naturally climbing moggie mates.

Her human family noticed there was something different with the three-month-old kitten when she started scratching more than other cats.

"You would sort of want to wear boxing gloves when you play with her," says Kaelene Gerrard, who lives with her partner Eli Eliu and daughters Mercy, six, and 12-year-old Shardae.

She examined the frisky feline's paws and did a double take at what she found.

"We counted and then recounted but we had it right the first time," she says.

Read on and see the picture:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/3969646a10.html

I used to feed a cat that had 6 toes on her front paws. I could never tame her enough to bring her inside, but she would show up every morning for food. She had kittens, and they all would show up with her. They all had 6 toes too. I wish I knew what happened to her. She just didn't come home anymore.

Shes a sweet looking cat.

Quote Originally Posted by dingo
    Shes a sweet looking cat.
    All cats are sweet, my hubby used to call me cat woman because strays would come to our home and never leave, we have one cat now that was a stray, it hasnt got extra toes but it only has half a tail ( I think its a Manx cat) and we call it sucky puss, it was very feral when it first came but now it just has to have all the attention you can give it, its really cute, Im sure it has a bit of persian in it as well because of its pointed ears. We will keep and look after it, I am a big softie.

Sucky Puss

Quote Originally Posted by dingo
    Sucky Puss
    Sounds a bit stupid but it describes the cat totally.