GUILTY FL - Carlie Brucia, 11, Sarasota, 1 February 2004

to look at the photo sends chills up my spine, can't see how someone could take someones child. you can tell that this girl was reluctant by the way it looks like she is walking. and he is holding her wrist instead of the hand. hope the police can clean up the picture to better see the mans face. looks like the name tag on his shirt has a short name, or maybe it is a nick name but it looks to me to be a few letters at best. I sure hope this child is ok, with a creep like she is with you never know what the outcome can be. but her and her family have all my prayers for a safe return home.

The man is short as he is the same height which implies to me Spanish or Mexican. He looks to me a man in his 30's or even older by his stature. The tag will be identified. If not his name his business. This guy deserves the max. Thank God for the camera but unfortunately doesn't erase this child's experience. She is NOT ok, she has been missing by a man that grabbed her. He certainly didn't take her for conversation.

They showed the tape on the Today show this morning. I wish she had put up a fight, someone might have heard. Pray that she is found soon.

Her mother said this morning on Good Morning America that Karlie was taken from a very busy street. I can't imagine the fear she must have felt when this man approached her! It looks like he reaches back at one point on the tape to something on his hip. Perhaps he told her he had a knife or gun. We should use this situation as an example to kids to fight and not go willingly! They have a much better chance for survival if they are never taken at all!

Karli is a large 11 year old and that makes him look shorter. She is over 5', but he is not real tall. Is that a gun in his hand? Looks like it to me and would explan why she did not fight at all. Poor baby and her mother is suffering something awful.
I drove through Sarasota on Sunday night on my way home and had to stop at the rest area by the Skyway bridge. Being a female and alone, I got the creeps getting out of the car. Then I get home to see the Amber Alert. Godspeed to Karli.

I can't belive that there are people out there that could or would do something like this! Sad part is that she looks just like my Katie!:woohoo: It make me so mad! She is in my prayers!

SoloFlyer said:
Abducted on camera in Sarasota county, Florida on Sunday afternoon. 11 years old, blond hair.
The man seen leading her away from a car wash 5 minutes from her house is described at HM 5'10" 200lbs thin built wearing a dark uniform and white shoes. An Amber Alert was issued.

http://www.newscoast.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040202/NEWS/40202015

I'm about an hour from Sarasota and it is all over the news down here. This video though should be an example for all of our children - THE MOMENT THAT MAN TOUCHED HER IS THE POINT WHEN KARLIE SHOULD HAVE STARTED SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER....... It is better to take your chances right then and there in a crowded area where someone might hear you, whether or not he had a knife or gun..... because once these losers get you off somewhere, there is no telling where things will go from there.....

TELL YOUR KIDS TO START SCREAMING AND DON'T STOP!!!!

poco said:
I'm about an hour from Sarasota and it is all over the news down here. This video though should be an example for all of our children - THE MOMENT THAT MAN TOUCHED HER IS THE POINT WHEN KARLIE SHOULD HAVE STARTED SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER....... It is better to take your chances right then and there in a crowded area where someone might hear you, whether or not he had a knife or gun..... because once these losers get you off somewhere, there is no telling where things will go from there.....

Poco... excellent post... :clap: :clap: this really is a wake up call. I will be showing this to my Noel tonight.

Sometimes we play fight and I tell her to try to get away from me... she is a little tiger. My daugher is 10 years old and 85lbs.. much smaller than Karlie ~ kids have to be taught that they CAN stand up to adults, kick, scream & say NO.

Casshew said:
Poco... excellent post... :clap: :clap: this really is a wake up call. I will be showing this to my Noel tonight.

Sometimes we play fight and I tell her to try to get away from me... she is a little tiger. My daugher is 10 years old and 85lbs.. much smaller than Karlie ~ kids have to be taught that they CAN stand up to adults, kick, scream & say NO.

Definitely - at an early age, also, I believe parents should let children know that it is okay to say NO - and that in a very subtle way, we, as parents, often tell our children that it is NOT okay to stay NO. Specifically if Aunt Mabel wants to hold "little precious" and "little precious" doesn't want to be held by Aunt Mabel and we, as parents, force the kid into Auntie's arms - or many such similarities, I think you get my drift.

It is sooo very sad though. I remember when I was young how myself and a friend or two would camp out in each other's backyard! Your backyard is safe, right? Not anymore. There is no way I would like my child camp out all night - right in my own backyard no less! Unless, I course, I sat in a lawn chair all night right beside their tent.

poco said:

You are so right Poco. Yesterday in St. Louis, a 10 year old girl was abducted as she walked home from a convenience store and raped. "Luckily", her rapist released her about an hour after he tortured her. Also on last nights newcast, a 7 year year old girl was sexually assaulted at a freaking Super Bowl party where both of her parents were in attendance. That happened less than ten miles from my home and scared the heck out of me. PARENTS: PLEASE WATCH OVER YOUR CHILDREN! PREDATORS ARE JUST WAITING FOR YOU TO TURN YOUR BACK! I am still just physically ill from these news reports from my own backyard and now Carlie is missing. God help our children!

All of your comments are right on.

I've seen the video a couple times now, but it pisses me off that in a case such as this, CNN is charging people to see the video, with their Super Pass program. Grrrrrr. They could help save a life, after you pay for the priveledge of course.

Mindy's I agree. I have always been irriated by their website doing this when NEWS is news and you can see that video for free most other sites. Thesandiegochannel.com always has the same stuff and you can view for free.

A man in Kissimmee, FL (sp?) says he saw a girl matching Carlie's description struggling with a man early this morning. He didn't know about Carlie's abduction until he got home, and then he called LE. Here is the link:

http://www.local6.com/news/2814882/detail.html

Also, does anyone know where I can view the video without cost? I want to show it to my 9-year-old.

I have looked at the video several times. I believe that he has a cell phone out and not a weopon. if you look at the still image at the point where he turns around he pulls out a phone. look closely and see what you think? I think he phoned a partner in a get away car? I sure hope she is found ok..

Litlstar04 said:
Her mother said this morning on Good Morning America that Karlie was taken from a very busy street. I can't imagine the fear she must have felt when this man approached her! It looks like he reaches back at one point on the tape to something on his hip. Perhaps he told her he had a knife or gun. We should use this situation as an example to kids to fight and not go willingly! They have a much better chance for survival if they are never taken at all!

I saw that too, and I thought the same thing....but you know, why aren't schools telling kids to DROP DOWN if someone grabs them? I saw this once on an Oprah show or something, where this expert in safety was showing you how to avoid being abducted...he said if you drop down to the ground, or pull your hand DOWN rather than AWAY from the abductor, that it's next to impossible to pull this off with the same speed....and YELL FIRE! Because most people tend not to pay attention unless they hear something to that effect.

I told my daughter about this..the dropping to the ground (so you'd have to be grabbed or picked up or whatever) and also the hand thing.....it does work! You can actually get away from someone's grip this way...the guy on tv demonstrated it with school children, but I don't know exactly what he said..just remember to PULL DOWN on the hand and not AWAY... and bottom line is...if you leave point A...you'll never probably get back there.

You need to tell your kids, no matter what....you don't let them take you away from where you are....do whatever you have to do..no matter what the threat is...it's better in the long run...as hard as it might seem to realize that at the time. Once you let them get you into a car....you're on your own...chances are really bad.....my daughter (adult also) and I have said the same thing..if they're going to shoot you...better do it here and now....don't go anyplace and take your chances..

LE should be able to enlarge the video to see the logo on his shirt. Hopefully. What about the biological father? I have only heard the step-father speak.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back