698 users online (89 members and 609 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

JonBenet's Law

Hi, gang.

Decided I'd take a break from the "Ask Super" thread. But I got to thinking. There are a lot of laws passed in the wake of child murders. Jessica's law, Megan's law, etc.

Here's my problem. I think there should be a new law stemming from this case. But for the life of me, I can't decide on one! Anyone have any ideas? Please don't keep them to yourself!
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave
    Hi, gang.

Decided I'd take a break from the "Ask Super" thread. But I got to thinking. There are a lot of laws passed in the wake of child murders. Jessica's law, Megan's law, etc.

Here's my problem. I think there should be a new law stemming from this case. But for the life of me, I can't decide on one! Anyone have any ideas? Please don't keep them to yourself!

SuperDave,

It should be against the law for government, including prosecutors and the courts, to condone and participate in the coverup of the killing of a child without somehow allowing the truth to be known to the public that the crime has been solved.

I'm convinced the killing of JonBenet has been solved for years, but the Colorado Children's Code and other child protection laws have prevented the truth from being known.

BlueCrab

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrab
    SuperDave,

It should be against the law for government, including prosecutors and the courts, to condone and participate in the coverup of the killing of a child without somehow allowing the truth to be known to the public that the crime has been solved.

I'm convinced the killing of JonBenet has been solved for years, but the Colorado Children's Code and other child protection laws have prevented the truth from being known.

BlueCrab
    Ahhh, a conspiracy theory. BlueCrab. This case is a result of an inept Police Department and of a sleezy District Attorney, who was intimidated by and friends with the Ramsey's lawyers. It is what it is.

SuperDave,

BlueCrab
    BlueCrab, if the case has been solved for years as Burke was found to be the perp and has been protected under colarado law, why would Lacy and co pursue JMK?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie
    BlueCrab, if the case has been solved for years as Burke was found to be the perp and has been protected under colarado law, why would Lacy and co pursue JMK?
    Berke is not the perp. No parent is going to trust a murdering ten-year old child to keep his mouth shut and let him leave the home with friends an hour after they supposedly found the body.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie

Charlie,

The Ramseys and their conspiratorial local Colorado government allies throw everyone they can under the bus. This helps to remove the focus from where it belongs -- on the Ramseys.

BlueCrab

Charlie,

The Ramseys and their conspiratorial local Colorado government allies throw everyone they can under the bus. This helps to remove the focus from where it belongs -- on the Ramseys.

BlueCrab
    What about the fact that Berke was allowed to leave the house?

I think JonBenet's law should be to do with handling crime scenes and suspects - e.g. that the parents whould be separated and interviewed immediately - no ifs or buts and no refusing to be intereviewed.
    This is only my opinion

Let the focus be on Madeleine

Together we can make a difference

Alert Viewer in Scotland

Member of Websleuths since April 2000

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    Possibly it could have something to do with REQUIRING the FBI or other law enforcement agencies to get involved in the case of a murder in a jurisdiction that rarely sees them.

Did that make sense? I'm migraining, so I'm a little slow.
    Just thinkin' out loud....

Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    I think JonBenet's law should be to do with handling crime scenes and suspects - e.g. that the parents whould be separated and interviewed immediately - no ifs or buts and no refusing to be intereviewed.
    AGREED! No matter how much money, political influence, etc....they might have. If Jonbenet had been from a working class family in "any suburb" of "anytown USA" you can bet this case would have been done and overwith a long time ago.

"I bear the chain I forged in life...I made it of my own free will and of my own free will I wore it....your chain was fully as long as this seven Christmas Eve's ago - and you have labored on it since." Jacob Marley

MURDERER'S! You know g**damn well what happened to your kid so stop playing the victim and just confess you lying murdering liars! - Mr. Chris Stotch - South Park

All posts are my opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by Solace
    What about the fact that Berke was allowed to leave the house?
    Solace,

Sorry, but I don't know what your point is.

Bluecrab

Solace,

Sorry, but I don't know what your point is.

Bluecrab
    Well, if it is someone in the house and you believe it is, someone by the name of Ramsey, and not the parents, that would leave Berke. John Andrew's whereabouts were confirmed.

My point is if the parents are trying to protect a killer who is a child, why would they let Berke out of their sight. That is very trusting of them to believe a child would be quiet.

Well, if it is someone in the house and you believe it is, someone by the name of Ramsey, and not the parents, that would leave Berke. John Andrew's whereabouts were confirmed.

My point is if the parents are trying to protect a killer who is a child, why would they let Berke out of their sight. That is very trusting of them to believe a child would be quiet.
    Solace,

If you are up to your ass in alligators (cops asking questions), would you stay where you are or would you go to a safer place?

BlueCrab

Solace,

If you are up to your ass in alligators (cops asking questions), would you stay where you are or would you go to a safer place?

BlueCrab
    I would think I would keep him close by and say he is too traumatized to speak with anyone and also I would have all my friends around so they would look at the police like they were the Gastapo if they dared to question him. Although, I have to tell you, the kid sounds a little bit strange. He certainly did not ask many questions. Don't you find that strange.

Great thread idea, SuperDave. I'd love to see something come of it.

Berke is not the perp. No parent is going to trust a murdering ten-year old child to keep his mouth shut and let him leave the home with friends an hour after they supposedly found the body.
    I really have to agree. There's no way they'd have let him go anywhere if he knew something and could possibly be convinced (or be willing without convincing) to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    How extremely appropriate for this case, and certainly a necessary measure. Wealth and social status should never entitle anyone to preferential treatment, especially in a child's murder.

Quote Originally Posted by hipmamajen
    Possibly it could have something to do with REQUIRING the FBI or other law enforcement agencies to get involved in the case of a murder in a jurisdiction that rarely sees them.
    This alone would have led this case in a different direction. Hope you're feeling better.

And I have to agree with BlueCrab - the public deserves to know the truth about murders and whether they have been solved or not. I also think the public deserves to know who a person is if that person has committed a brutal murder like this, even if that person is a child.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast