Deceased/Not Found AZ - Tyler, 4, & Ariana Payne (dec'd), 2, Tucson, 2006 *Payne & Gonzales guilty*

mistivon

Verified Insider - Maricela Garcia
Reaction score
Tucson police have expanded the age range for the unidentified girl whose remains were found Sunday in a rented storage unit.

She is now believed to be between 2 and 4, Assistant Chief Roberto Villaseñor, head of the Investigative Services Bureau, said in a news conference Tuesday.

"We are pleading to the public for help on this case," Villaseñor said, adding that only two leads have come in. He would not provide details on them

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0221bodystorage21-ON.html

teonspaleprincess said:
Shouldn't they be hunting down the renters of that unit?!

That is what I was thinking. It was probably rented under a fake name. Don't know if you have to show ID when you rent a storage unit or not.

The horror just goes on and on. This poor little child. They have to find out who did this.

I had to show ID when I rented a storage unit plus they wanted my address and phone number, but I guess some don't require that. I am only glad that this baby is no longer suffering.

That is what I was thinking. It was probably rented under a fake name. Don't know if you have to show ID when you rent a storage unit or not.
I suppose the rent was paid in cash also. Leaving no paper trail or credit card number.

Maybe the people that rented out the unit will remember something of importance, like what the people looked like, what type of veh they were driving... anything!

This just tears me up. I'm looking at my youngest, who will be four soon. How in God's name can these monsters bring themselves to harm such joy and innocence.

:banghead:

My parents own storage rental units. They only collect name, address & phone. I doubt they even look at their driver's license. They collect the name & address in case they don't receive a payment and send them a letter tell them they are late. Please note that this is a very small town and they usually know everyone who rents.

holy hinky meter in the sky!

Ok some questions:
Why not show ID? To come and claim your "stuff", you'd need to prove you were the renter. Am I right?

What are their policies for non-payment? 30 - 45 days hardly seems excessive where many companies use a 90-day limit. This boggles my mind.

Have they released the storage company's name? Do they have this info online?

sorry I have been on vacation and haven't had internet access.

MG

I managed a selfstorage for a time once and I think it might be possible to lure the renter out of hiding or it might have been possible if he has not heard of the stir created by the remains being found.

Some people rent a storage space and then move far away from where they rented it and then just send money by mail. This could mean that someone does not yet know the remains were found and it also means there might be a paper trail and it also provides an opening to lure the renter to reveal himself (I won't say how to do that in open forum but L.E. has probably thought of that already.)

Also L.E. can check the signed contract for prints which could lead to the identity of the perp if those prints are in the system.

docwho3 said:
I managed a selfstorage for a time once and I think it might be possible to lure the renter out of hiding or it might have been possible if he has not heard of the stir created by the remains being found.

Some people rent a storage space and then move far away from where they rented it and then just send money by mail. This could mean that someone does not yet know the remains were found and it also means there might be a paper trail and it also provides an opening to lure the renter to reveal himself (I won't say how to do that in open forum but L.E. has probably thought of that already.)

Also L.E. can check the signed contract for prints which could lead to the identity of the perp if those prints are in the system.
That is a really good idea. I hadn't thought of that.

Case Info: Cops in Tucson, Arizona are currently trying to piece together a puzzle involving the remains of a little girl discovered in a rented storage locker on February 18, 2007.

Management at the U-Store-It rental facility entered the unit after a foul odor began coming from the space which had been sealed as a result of non-payment. Cops say that the locker had been rented sometime in December of 2006 and had not been paid for since January 1, 2007.

Police have told AMW that the remains are fairly well preserved and the body was placed in a plastic tub. Furthermore, initial reports say that the little girl was most likely white, 2-4-years-old, 3 feet tall, and had light brown hair with a reddish tint. However, police are most likely going to give out additional details at a press conference on February 21, 2007. An autopsy is currently being performed in hopes of providing more clues about how the little girl died.

Authorities have not disclosed who rented the unit nor have they stated if there were additional items in the locker.

Link: http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=43476

Statistics: http://www.amw.com/missing_children/look_for.cfm?id=43476

It could be she is listed as about 3 feet and the girl they found is 3 feet. Given that it took so long to realize she was missing they may not of had a good grasp of how tall she was anyway.

Police arrest man on murder charge in connection with child's body found in storage unit

By Alexis Huicochea
Arizona Daily Star
Tucson, Arizona | Published: 03.01.2007

Tucson police have made an arrest in connection with the death of a child whose body was found inside a North Side storage unit.

Christopher Matthew Payne, 28, was booked into the Pima County jail on one count of first-degree murder and one count of child abuse, said Sgt. Mark Robinson, a police spokesman.

Details surrounding the arrest were not immediately available but police are holding a press conference at 7 p.m., said Lt. Vicki Reza, a department spokeswoman.

The body of the girl, who police said was between the ages of 2 and 4, was found Feb. 18 when the manager of U-Store-It near East Prince Road and North First Avenue found a plastic tub with a foul odor inside a storage unit. The manager had been clearing out the unit because the renter stopped making payments.

Contact reporter Alexis Huicochea at 629-9412 or ahuicochea@azstarnet.com

http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/hourlyupdate/171589

I wonder who rented the storage unit? Also why do they need to id the girls home town before they release her name? It make's me wonder even more if it's Reachelle Smith or some other kidnapped child.

I think it could be Reachelle, too. I wonder if Leigh handed her off to someone who eventually, recently killed her and stuffed her in this unit? :(

Hard to say I read somewhere that the time of death was late last year he could have passed her off to someone or if it is her she could have been there the whole time on the time of death is off. i just wonder because the they said Christopher Payne didn't commit the murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back