Germany - Mitja Hofmann, 9, raped & murdered, Leipzig, 22 Feb 2007

missacorah

Reaction score
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007090443,00.html

February 27, 2007

TRUSTING nine-year-old Mitja Hofman is pictured sitting smiling on a tram WITH the sex offender suspected of raping and killing him just hours later.

The tragic shot, taken by a security camera, outraged Germany and sparked a nation-wide manhunt for paedophile Uwe Kolbig.

Mitja’s body was found two days later in an allotment hut rented by Kolbig, 42.

Police believe Kolbig befriended him on the tram. It was the first time his parents had let the youngster travel home from his school in Leipzig without them.

Mitja was last seen alive with jobless Kolbig — who was caged for two years for paedophilia in 1998 — buying a gooseberry tart from a bakery near the pervert’s flat.

I wonder how many other victims there are of this sicko.I am curious if there are a few boys who have gone missing from this area in the past few years.Someone needs to wipe that smug smile off his face.

Oh my gosh! This is beyond tragic! That poor boy, innocent and smiling sitting next to a twisted pedo perp who may have killed him. Ugh! Pedo perps CANNOT be rehabilitated, so they should NEVER be let out to wreck other people's lives or actually kill children or adults! This outrages me, obviously. I consider myself to be a compassionate person; but, pedo perps and serial rapists have no hope of ever being able to be trusted in society. Thus, they need to be locked up permanently--period. When will we learn this sad lesson? How many will have to die before we have life sentences for such criminals?

Lion

missacorah said:
It was the first time his parents had let the youngster travel home from his school in Leipzig without them.
The blame these parents will put on themselves, the guillt they will harbor, even though this is NOT their fault....heartbreaking.

I have been told I am way too over protective of my 2 boys (15 months old and 13 yrs old)....I will stay that way as long as things like this are going on in the world.

Alta said:
I wonder how many other victims there are of this sicko.I am curious if there are a few boys who have gone missing from this area in the past few years.Someone needs to wipe that smug smile off his face.
Not wipe it off, slap it the off!!! :furious:

Alta said:
That was the thing that got me exactly, the smug smile as if he was almost gloating in some way.

LionRun said:
Oh my gosh! This is beyond tragic! That poor boy, innocent and smiling sitting next to a twisted pedo perp who may have killed him. Ugh! Pedo perps CANNOT be rehabilitated, so they should NEVER be let out to wreck other people's lives or actually kill children or adults! This outrages me, obviously. I consider myself to be a compassionate person; but, pedo perps and serial rapists have no hope of ever being able to be trusted in society. Thus, they need to be locked up permanently--period. When will we learn this sad lesson? How many will have to die before we have life sentences for such criminals?

Lion
Amen to that, 1 strike against a child should be life, no ifs and or buts about it. I was very much for 1 strike then kill the SOB's but someone said a lot more of the children would be murdered then now for fear of getting caught and getting death...so life, yes, life....1 strike, hurt a child one time and it will be a 5x5 or however big the cells are for the rest of your life!!!!!!!!!!!!

That picture is absolutely heartbreaking, he was so full of life and smiling, not even knowing he was sitting next to the devil himself.....this story is just tragic, when are we gonna wake up and realize these people need to be put away for good. How beautiful this little boy was, I cannot get over it.....my eyes are just pouring out tears. This sweet little boy...

christine2448 said:
The blame these parents will put on themselves, the guillt they will harbor, even though this is NOT their fault....heartbreaking.

I have been told I am way too over protective of my 2 boys (15 months old and 13 yrs old)....I will stay that way as long as things like this are going on in the world.
I am told the same thing and I will continue to be the same way as well. I feel horrible for these poor parents, bless that poor little guy's heart.

christine2448 said:

I get told that all the time too. Oh well. :snooty:

And then the weirdo even took him into a shop and got him a cake knowing full well what his intentions were.

LionRun said:

Lion
IITA! They almost always reoffend. I am totally for a one-strike law.

ITA that the has a "cat with canary feathers in his mouth" look in the picture. I hope they find him soon. Maybe under the tram where his prize photo was taken. :mad:

ITA also that there should be a one-strike law. If you're caught and convicted, you should be given LWOP and with limited appeals. The legal system doesn't seem to grasp that these offenders have sociopathic tendencies (no remorse, only seek to satisfy their own needs by any means, etc). They should not be treated as rehabilitatible (my own word?).

A few "cultural" questions:

We hear about child predators in the U.S. constantly, it seems. How common is this in Europe?

If it's as common there, do the various legal systems have consistent methods of convicting and incarcerating child predators? Or are they more lenient?

Do they have offender registration and the means for local citizens to access the registration list? I noticed this creep did time in 1998 for a similar crime.

What is an allocation hut?

Jaded said:
IITA! They almost always reoffend. I am totally for a one-strike law.
I will happily take that one step further by saying that EVERY sex perp be it a pedo perp or an adult serial sex perp WILL re-offend if they possibly can. I believe it is a permanent twisted need within them. I think the, "almost always re-offends" isn't taking into account the ones who have re-offended and have not yet been caught, or the ones who keep themselves under control just barely and long enough for just the right opportunity.

It saddens me to think of that poor boy's family ever seeing that picture. I can't imagine the guilt they feel finally allowing him to ride alone. They did all the right things. Sadly, the pedo perp may have been waiting to hone in on just that situation.

Lion

Oh that is just terrible and seeing that picture makes it even worse. That poor boy.

FFWifey said:
ITA that the has a "cat with canary feathers in his mouth" look in the picture. I hope they find him soon. Maybe under the tram where his prize photo was taken. :mad:

ITA also that there should be a one-strike law. If you're caught and convicted, you should be given LWOP and with limited appeals. The legal system doesn't seem to grasp that these offenders have sociopathic tendencies (no remorse, only seek to satisfy their own needs by any means, etc). They should not be treated as rehabilitatible (my own word?).

A few "cultural" questions:

We hear about child predators in the U.S. constantly, it seems. How common is this in Europe?

If it's as common there, do the various legal systems have consistent methods of convicting and incarcerating child predators? Or are they more lenient?

Do they have offender registration and the means for local citizens to access the registration list? I noticed this creep did time in 1998 for a similar crime.

What is an allocation hut?
I don't know how common it is in Europe but it cant be as common as in the states, children go missing every day over there, just look how fast this forum moves and most of the news is from the states.

christine2448 said:

Well, if it were my child there's no way I would let him catch the train by himself at such a young age.
There's way too many sickos about the place to take a chance like that nowadays, 9 is too young to be travelling alone I dont care what anyone says!

narlacat said:
I don't know how common it is in Europe but it cant be as common as in the states, children go missing every day over there, just look how fast this forum moves and most of the news is from the states.
I think it is. I don't think there's anything here that uniquely creates pedos. If they don't have so many, I'd figure they just aren't catching them.

narlacat said:
Well, if it were my child there's no way I would let him catch the train by himself at such a young age.
There's way too many sickos about the place to take a chance like that nowadays, 9 is too young to be travelling alone I dont care what anyone says!
I agree narla, I know here where I live my son wont go anywhere by himself until he is about, ummm 50! I cant imagine the regret his parents must feel and its not their fault. Its so sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back