GUILTY CA - Allen Hawes, 57, found dismembered, San Diego County, 26 Feb 2007

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
SAN DIEGO (AP) -- A human head and a hand found Tuesday along two busy San Diego freeways may belong to an unidentified body discovered floating in a river, police said.

A tow truck driver spotted a black plastic bag containing the head on southbound Interstate 5 around 6:30 a.m., San Diego police Lt. Kevin Rooney said. The left hand was found by a freeway maintenance worker less than two hours later about 10 miles north on Route 163.

Police believe the body parts belong to a man whose torso was found Monday floating in the Otay River under the Interstate 5 overpass
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BODY_PARTS?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

There was a case like that last year too. I can't remember where it was but I'm pretty sure it was in CA. It seems like they identified that body but I don't know if an arrest was made. Anyone remember that thread? :confused:

Shadow205 said:
There was a case like that last year too. I can't remember where it was but I'm pretty sure it was in CA. It seems like they identified that body but I don't know if an arrest was made. Anyone remember that thread? :confused:
There are a few cases like that going on in CA. One of the latest is bones that they located in the Santa Cruz Mountains just above Los Gatos. They haven't yet determined who the bones belong to. They did perform additional searches in that area, and did find a few more bones, but so far they haven't been able to obtain DNA.

Buzzm1 said:
There are a few cases like that going on in CA. One of the latest is bones that they located in the Santa Cruz Mountains just above Los Gatos. They haven't yet determined who the bones belong to. They did perform additional searches in that area, and did find a few more bones, but so far they haven't been able to obtain DNA.
No, that isn't the case that I'm trying to remember. This body hadn't been dead long and recently dismembered. Oh, I just hate it when I can't remember something.:doh:

Shadow205 said:
No, that isn't the case that I'm trying to remember. This body hadn't been dead long and recently dismembered. Oh, I just hate it when I can't remember something.:doh:

Hum, :waitasec: there was a case a long while back where they found some mans head along the shoulder of a freeway off ramp, then they found his other body parts elsewhere ???.. I think he was an older man and if I recall correctly it was his wife who killed him.. is this the one???? Gosh, I'm like you, I can't remember things anymore.. :eek:

PaperDoll said:
Hum, :waitasec: there was a case a long while back where they found some mans head along the shoulder of a freeway off ramp, then they found his other body parts elsewhere ???.. I think he was an older man and if I recall correctly it was his wife who killed him.. is this the one???? Gosh, I'm like you, I can't remember things anymore.. :eek:
I think that is the one that I'm thinking of.

PaperDoll said:
Happens after the Big 50 sweetie...LOL...:HappyBday

From May 2008:

http://www.10news.com/news/man-in-dismemberment-case-sentenced

A man who used to work at a South Bay adult video store was sentenced to 50 years to life in prison for fatally shooting a transient friend, dismembering him and dumping body parts across the county.

Gerald Nash, 62, was convicted March 21 of first-degree murder in the death of 57-year-old Allen Hawes, a homeless man known as "Backpack Al," because he carried a backpack wherever he went...

[A] niece, Kathy Hawes, told the probation officer that she and other family members lost contact with her uncle in the early 1970s, but found him in San Diego in 2001. She said her uncle -- a Boston Red Sox fan who was planning on moving back to Maine in the spring of 2007 -- spoke often of how much he trusted Nash as a friend.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back