Quote from Nedra Paugh?

hipmamajen

I love the friends I have gathered together on thi
Reaction score
I've seen it written here and there that Nedra Paugh said, "She was only a little bit molested," or something to that effect. I tried searching, but I couldn't find where she had said that, or to whom.

It's not that I'm doubting she said it, I'm just having trouble with the search function...

Can you all help me out?

I was wondering that too....I live in Denver but can't recall hearing it on TV anywhere either. Athough I could have just been out of it :)

This is a good question. I've heard this quote many times, and can't locate it's source. I'm wondering if Nedra's comment referred to JonBenet prior to her death, or if the "little bit molested" refers to the sexual assault JB suffered when she was killed.

I would guess SuperDave may know the details.

Originally Posted by southcitymom
Yes, I researched this a litle and found the exact reference is to PMPT, papareback, page 519, where Nedra was being interviewed for Geraldo and she said she didn't know that JBR had "been molested to some extent and hit on the head." Also, it sounds like this scene was translated in the movie and something similar was said by Nedra about hearing JBR had been a "little molested"
So, taken in context, it doesn't sound like Nedra's comment indicated any prior knowledge about chronic molestation.

I thought it was relating to the assault she suffered when she was killed. Regardless it is a pretty odd comment for someone to make.

Thank you, Morag.

I agree, it's an odd comment. Why would a grandmother diminish the molestation her granddaughter suffered while being murdered as "a little bit"? Any molestation is entirely too much.

Thank you! I knew I could count on the people here :blowkiss:

SuperDave said:
It's like she was minimizing it.
She is minimizing it. It is an embarrassment to the family any kind of sexual assault, so she was "just a little molested", and "lets not make a big deal about it, in fact lets not even speak of it".

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danielle79903
Back