648 users online (85 members and 563 guests)  

Websleuths News

Tiger, Orangutan Babies Playmates at Zoo

CISARUA, Indonesia (AP) -- Call them the odd couples. A pair of month-old Sumatran tiger twins have become inseparable playmates with a set of young orangutans, an unthinkable match in their natural jungle habitat in Indonesia's tropical rainforests.

The friendship between 5-month-old female baby primates Nia and Irma, and cubs Dema and Manis, has blossomed at the Taman Safari zoo where they share a room in the nursery.

After being abandoned by their mothers shortly after birth, the four play fight, nipping and teasing each other, and cuddling up for a shared nap when they are worn out.

Continue at:

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2007/02/28/D8NIS1QG0.html

Cute little guys.I know they will all be separated eventually but i wonder if the Tigers would turn on the primates as they get older.

Ive just seen this on another thread, been to that many I cant remember which one. They are little darlings arnt they.

What a neat story. And cute, cute picture! Animals sure have a way of warming our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by kazzbar
    Cute little guys.I know they will all be separated eventually but i wonder if the Tigers would turn on the primates as they get older.
    Since sometimes tigers turn on humans, I'd have to say maybe - but I had a female skunk, a male and a female fox and a raccoon all living in my house without cages at the same time and somewhere I have a photograph of both fox and raccoon snuggling up together. That is how they slept during the day. The skunk wasn't as sociable, but there was never a mix up of fighting or anything.

Yes, my house was FULL of animals. I was married and depressed at the time, and I guess surrounded myself with animals to care for until my depression went away. They went into the garage out of doggie doors to go potty on the hay and I mucked it out... except the skunk that used a litter box in the house.

So, that's why I have to say maybe, and not yes or no. Tigers are unpredictable, but I have witnessed critters growing up together to be sweet to each other, too.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

Quote Originally Posted by Shazza
    Ive just seen this on another thread, been to that many I cant remember which one. They are little darlings arnt they.
    Right here:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47433