Tiger, Orangutan Babies Playmates at Zoo

graybar hotel

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
CISARUA, Indonesia (AP) -- Call them the odd couples. A pair of month-old Sumatran tiger twins have become inseparable playmates with a set of young orangutans, an unthinkable match in their natural jungle habitat in Indonesia's tropical rainforests.

The friendship between 5-month-old female baby primates Nia and Irma, and cubs Dema and Manis, has blossomed at the Taman Safari zoo where they share a room in the nursery.

After being abandoned by their mothers shortly after birth, the four play fight, nipping and teasing each other, and cuddling up for a shared nap when they are worn out.

Continue at:

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2007/02/28/D8NIS1QG0.html

Cute little guys.I know they will all be separated eventually but i wonder if the Tigers would turn on the primates as they get older.

Ive just seen this on another thread, been to that many I cant remember which one. They are little darlings arnt they.:)

What a neat story. And cute, cute picture! Animals sure have a way of warming our hearts.

kazzbar said:
Cute little guys.I know they will all be separated eventually but i wonder if the Tigers would turn on the primates as they get older.
Since sometimes tigers turn on humans, I'd have to say maybe - but I had a female skunk, a male and a female fox and a raccoon all living in my house without cages at the same time and somewhere I have a photograph of both fox and raccoon snuggling up together. That is how they slept during the day. The skunk wasn't as sociable, but there was never a mix up of fighting or anything.

Yes, my house was FULL of animals. I was married and depressed at the time, and I guess surrounded myself with animals to care for until my depression went away. They went into the garage out of doggie doors to go potty on the hay and I mucked it out... except the skunk that used a litter box in the house.

So, that's why I have to say maybe, and not yes or no. Tigers are unpredictable, but I have witnessed critters growing up together to be sweet to each other, too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back