Enterprise, AL--High School destroyed by tornado, kids trapped

englishleigh

Authentic Southern Belle
Reaction score
Watching FNC....Enterprise, AL, 3 hours south of us....got hammered by a tornado and the high school "looks like a bomb went off". It was destroyed and high school kids are trapped.

www.foxnews.com

I was just coming here to post this Englishleigh. This does not look good at all. Start praying people.

They are saying the gym roof collapsed on a bunch of kids. :eek: It sounds absolutely awful. Please pray b/c all of this is headed towards our area and will be moving through the southeast through the evening.

Yikes. I hope all the kids and teachers etc. are safe.

Stay safe englishleigh. I'll keep the area in my prayers!

OMG. This is so incredibly sad. You know, parents send their kids off to school, thinking they'll see them at the end of the day. :(

This is just awful. :(

Peter Hamilton said:
CNN reporter stating fatalities at the school

Watching Montgomery AL NBC affiliate and have not heard that yet here. OMG!! :(

englishleigh said:
Watching Montgomery AL NBC affiliate and have not heard that yet here. OMG!! :(

Jamie McIntyre from CNN is in Enterprise and reported that. Don't know details yet.

concernedperson said:
Jamie McIntyre from CNN is in Enterprise and reported that. Don't know details yet.

Our local NBC affiliate has reporters on the ground in Enterprise and they keep saying they don't know the extent of any injuries yet. They interviewed one lady, though, who said a whole wall collapsed on some kids and some children were pinned, in addition to the gym roof falling in. It doesn't sound good at all.

Local NBC affiliate here reporting 8 dead in Enterprise...that is assumed to be all at the school. :(

Oh my gosh. This is so sad. Poor kids and parents. Keep praying....

NBC affiliate reporter just interviewed a young soldier who said he pulled out "two dead little girls" at the school and that they have a "full morgue" there.

OMG. :(

Starting to look stormy here again so I'm going to sign off for a while.

Still getting worse--Across the state 18 are dead and now 15 have been killed at the school, both students and teachers

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back