1471 users online (276 members and 1195 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by richandfamous
    Just out of curiosity, isn't there someone assigned to cross reference these missing and unidentified found ppl? Or is it left to chance and the public?
    Usually if there is an unidentified body found police will look at missing in their immediate area. They may notify others in the region. But that is about where it goes. That is why Doe Network got started, to provide a place for families who are searching to have a place to look.
    There really isn't any excuse. If someone snatches someone or murders and wants to dump a body , for instance, they could be taken two states away in less than 4 hours. Within 24 hours they could be taken to a whole different area of the country. But no one would look outside the immediate area.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Wow!!! Great find!!! If this isn't a match, I will be absolutely shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by teonspaleprincess
    Doe network case 181UFTN

Unidentified female Located Jan.9, 1997 in Tennessee

Height: 5'3-5'4 110-120 lbs
    Native or Hispanic, Dark hair and eyes and has had hysteretomy

Several tatoos: DAD, MOM 77, and Ricky on thumb, Peacock

Case File 2097DFSC

Ada Elena Torres Smith
    Missing since June 20, 1996 from SC
    32 yrs old 5'4 125 lbs
    Hispanic with dark hair and eyes
    Several tatoo's: Peacock, Mom, Dad, Ricky on thumb

It has to be her right? If someone wants to add links to the pics that would be great, I can't copy and paste because of a messed up mouse.
    Oh my gosh teonspaleprincess! This just has to be a match with the exact tattoos. This is such a good thing you have done.

Way to go teonspale princess. As someone said above, you may have helped bring closure to some poor family out there. Great job!!!!

I think you found a match. I'm anxious to hear if it's her. If it's not, I'll be floored.

GREAT find!! Now maybe a family can have the answers it's been waiting for over ten years for.

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    Oh, please keep us updated. The tatoos are just too much of a match not to be her....here's hoping for closure for the family.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    Usually if there is an unidentified body found police will look at missing in their immediate area. They may notify others in the region. But that is about where it goes. That is why Doe Network got started, to provide a place for families who are searching to have a place to look.
    There really isn't any excuse. If someone snatches someone or murders and wants to dump a body , for instance, they could be taken two states away in less than 4 hours. Within 24 hours they could be taken to a whole different area of the country. But no one would look outside the immediate area.
    I would think LE would cross reference a database in neighboring states....Especially with something as identifing as the tattoos!!
    What awesome detective work teo....To be able to possibly put a families ordeal to an end.

I actually looked at this again yesterday.... any updates? I told my students about this case and they are bugging me to see if LE got back to you. greaT SLEUthing- please tell us if you have heard anything.

MG

I'll be shocked if it isn't a match, how did you come across that?

If you haven't heard anything, I would contact both law enforcement agencies again.

I tried contacting the Texas police listed under Ada's missing person page, but they have not called me back, and the lady I spoke with acted like I was some crazy person, she kept saying "Uh huh, and how did you come across this again? Umm mmmm, well I will get the detective to call you"

Someone asked how I came across it, and the answer is by chance. I was going person by person through the National Center for Missing Adults website reading, looking for things that stand out like braces or scoliosis, when I read about her tattoo and I remembered the "Ricky on thumb" from the doe network and compared them.
    Happy New Years

OK, here's my next suggestion. Print out both pages. Take them to your local police department, and ask to speak to the desk sergeant or the duty officer. Show him/her both pages, and ask them to contact the authorities listed.

Failing that, maybe we should all print them and mail them to the TN & TX authorities listed on the fliers. If they received enough copies from all over the country, maybe they would sit up and pay attention!

I just want YOU to get the credit for the discovery.

Maybe if we all printed off the two pages and faxed them to LE in our areas, maybe that would help too.

Would you be able to contact the Knoxville area newspapers and TV stations. News people usually eat this stuff up!

It has to be her. Too many similarities not to be the same person.

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    Wow, that's amazing! I can't wait to hear what happens
    Just thinkin' out loud....

OMG, awesome find teonspaleprincess!!! please keep us posted and let us know if we need to start a fax and email campaign. contacting the news stations is a great idea if law enforecement won't take you seriously on something this credible.

... no more Anna Nicole threads for me, this is the kind of stuff that brought me here and this is what i need to get back to.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast