PA - Louis Farrell, 14, dies of GSW from state senator's gun, 22 July 2006

foxxpi

Reaction score
Please google Senator Bob Regola Scandal on July 22,2006 involving his carelessness with a gun that ended with the death of an innocent 14 year old boy that some are saying commited suicide but the real evidence points to homicide. Everyone is waiting to hear that you will investigate this . A better understanding of the story can be found on Court tv message boards under the current crimes forum. Subject is State Senator Regola Scandal Please read it and help the victims family

"At the end of a day of anguished and riveting testimony into a 14-year-old's mysterious death involving a state legislator's handgun, the man who will decide whether to recommend criminal charges against anyone stunned the courtroom by declaring he did not believe what state Sen. Robert Regola III said under oath.

"I did not find the testimony of Senator Regola or his brother at all credible, and I might be able to draw inferences from that," said Thomas J. Farrell, the hearing examiner.

That sharp statement followed conflicting testimony that exposed inconsistencies in what Mr. Regola, his son and his brother said regarding the handgun that is at the heart of the investigation in the death of Louis Farrell, a boy the senator said was like a son to him.

Mr. Farrell, a former federal prosecutor, said he would recommend to Westmoreland County authorities within two weeks whether 14-year-old Louis killed himself or died by homicide or accident, and if anyone is culpable. His impression after hearing 19 witnesses over two days was that the evidence "strongly suggests a suicide," something the Farrell family has denied.

However, Mr. Farrell cautioned, even if it were ruled that Louis took his own life, that would not prevent prosecutors from filing charges of involuntary manslaughter or reckless conduct regarding the stewardship of Mr. Regola's gun, or aiding and abetting a suicide.

Mr. Farrell is not related to the family of the deceased."

Full article: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07055/764677-59.stm

Also, this article http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07053/764042-59.stm gives an overview of the incident and details some of the inconsistencies and changing stories that have been offered.

Thank you for the links. Another odd thing is here is that it is rarely mentioned that Louis Farrell's dad Doug is also an attorney who knows the laws and even though he was distraught finding his son the way he did. He also knows instictively and emphatically what transpired during that morning including his conversations with young Regola and I'm sure he has replayed that day over and over again. As an attorney he knows just how important every fact of that day is. Then also I'm that he would not make incorrect statements that could implicate another boy just to convince himself this was not suicide. Especially since previous to that day the families were friends.

Lassie--get help, girl!

But I think you are trying to say that the dead boy's father wouldn't have made the charges unless he believed them?

You are exactly right, That is what I meant

thank you

Well, the main fact is that after finding his son dead, the dead boy's father, who is himself an attorney, talked to the Regola boy on the phone and asked him if he had a gun. The attorney father states that he DID NOT say that his son was dead when he talked to Bobby Regola, age 16.

But Bobby Regola then telephoned his girlfriend and told her that the Farrell boy was dead. The girlfriend testified to this conversation during the inquest.

Bobby Regola pleaded the 5th ammendment at the inquest and refused to testify.

Regola Sr., the state senator, did testify at the inquest. He apparently stated that Attorney Farrell is most likely confused about what he had said to Regola Jr. during the phone conversation due to being in such grief over finding his son dead.

I highly doubt that under these circumstances the Attorney father "forgot" what he said to young Regola! I think he purposely didn't tell him the boy was dead.

http://www.pennlive.com/newsflash/pa/index.ssf?/base/news-47/117319644949420.xml&storylist=penn

Maybe ONLY IN PENNSYLVANIA would be more apt. It's our lack of state laws regarding these actions which exonerate Sen. Regola's reckless behavior. Because of legislator's like him the unregulation of guns takes precedence over the safety of children and teens like Louis Farrell. Bob Regola thinks his gun rights trump Lou Farrell's right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. In fact they did.

Pennsylvania lacks the laws to prosecute Bob Regola because of people like Bob Regola

I heard Cyril Wecht on a local radio talk show yesterday afternoon talking about this case. He said he performed the autopsy and that the entrance wound in the young boy's head indicated that the muzzle of the gun was held right up against the head. Also said the placement of the entrnce wound was exactly where most suicide entrance wounds are found - at the side of the head. Wecht stated that he believes it was a suicide.

I had not heard this information before. Certainly sounds like a suicide. BUT...why would the Regola boy refuse to testify? It sure leaves makes you wonder.

Personally, I had surmised some kind of gun play. Hard to think that this was not suicide, because if not, it would have been what - execution?

That would be hard to believe.

Thank you for interest . I have heard from a family member that the entrance was down and behind the right ear and they saw it. Wecht also said the day of the inquest that he could not rule out homicide . I was at the inquest and I heard him say that.

It seems now that he is only saying half of the story.

If you go to the court tv message baards under current crimes forum I have this posted there as State Senators gun kills 14 year old Louis Farrell. My user name on court tv is SHEZAPI56

There are 2 pages of really detailed info on this case.

I hope go to that site maybe you too could think of something that would help the Farrell Family. IMO Ibeleve Louis did not kill himself.

Let me know what you think after reading court tv message boards

Sincerely

Foxxpi aka shezapi56

From January 2014:

http://triblive.com/news/westmoreland/5436723-74/farrell-regola-bobby#axzz3mfJOk0hd

A former state senator and his son will be questioned next week as part of a civil lawsuit filed by the family of a 14-year-old boy who died from a gunshot wound to the head more than seven years ago...

The lawsuit has languished without any movement for nearly four years as Bobby Regola appealed a gun possession conviction in juvenile court. Bobby Regola served one year on probation. The state Supreme Court last summer refused to hear his appeal, Perry said.

Robert Regola was serving his first term in the state Senate when the shooting occurred. He was acquitted by a Westmoreland County jury on perjury and gun charges related to Farrell's death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back