Has Cold Case Files been canceled?

CrimeSolver

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right forum, but it's the most appropriate one I could find for this subject.
Does anyone know if Kurtis's great "Cold Case Files" has been canceled? For months now, in the allotted Saturday night timeslot, A&E has had some trash about house renovations, much like similar "overhaul" shows on TLC and Discovery, and other channels that used to have interesting crime programs.

What about "American Justice"? That show seems to have been defunct for at least a couple of years now. Pity. There's increasingly less and less to watch on TV.

Yes unfortunatly I read somewhere on the A&E website Cold Case is now cancelled.I used to watch A&E all the time.Now it is getting over run with reality shows.I don't mind a couple of them but they are losing sight of what made them a great network.I mean come on 12 hours of Csi Miami on friday nights is ludicrous.Now on saturday nights instead of Cold Case we get Flip this house.

It makes me sad because i don't have Court Tv either because here in Canada after 4 pm its crappy Canadian shows on there,we get none of the good documentaries the Usa Court tv shows.Ok I am done ranting..lol.

Thanks for the info. Too bad to hear about C.C.F.
I feel the same way as you, and I don't watch any "reality" shows. I don't know if you have ever watched Canadian true-crime shows, but they are pathetic. "Exhibit A", "72 Hours", "Forensic Files", and others, all of them are complete rubbish because they stress anonymity and discretion, and usually comprise of nothing more than one long, boring re-enactment. What I liked about Kurtis's shows is that he scrupulously shunned recreations, instead using a lot of location establishing shots, interviews, photos, etc. The Canadian shows are worthless as "true crime" in that you might as well be watching fiction. They include almost no photos (often not even of the criminals), video, or other actual documentation. Yawn!

Alta said:
Yes unfortunatly I read somewhere on the A&E website Cold Case is now cancelled.I used to watch A&E all the time.Now it is getting over run with reality shows.I don't mind a couple of them but they are losing sight of what made them a great network.I mean come on 12 hours of Csi Miami on friday nights is ludicrous.Now on saturday nights instead of Cold Case we get Flip this house.

It makes me sad because i don't have Court Tv either because here in Canada after 4 pm its crappy Canadian shows on there,we get none of the good documentaries the Usa Court tv shows.Ok I am done ranting..lol.
That is why I don't watch A & E anymore. I liked the original Flip This House on Sunday afternoons but I want my shows at night. LOL! None of this brings Cold Case Files back or American Justice. Won't watch CSI Miami with all the loopy scenarios when we have real crimes to solve. I am so disappointed in A & E.

Apparently all Bill Kurtis shows are cancelled.Geesh this guy made A&E I believe.

Here is a snip from his website.

Dear Fellow Bill Kurtis Fans,

Cold Case Files has been canceled by A&E. This leaves our friends at Kurtis Productions without a current program in production for A&E. We hear that they may have BK to do a couple special programs, but essentially all his programs are now on ice. All you will now see are reruns so we advocate a complete A&E channel black out on your TV sets.

We really don’t want to bad mouth A&E at our web site - not much anyhow. There are many outstanding people who work in support roles at A&E, and our fan site has had the absolute delight of chatting with some of them over the years and we will miss those wonderful dedicated people. However, the seemingly hubristic and ungracious behavior of the **entity** called A&E, far exceeds the standard cut-throat competitiveness of the TV industry, in our humble opinion.

Much more at the link:
http://pepperbay.com/billkurtis/ccf.html

CrimeSolver said:
Thanks for the info. Too bad to hear about C.C.F.
I feel the same way as you, and I don't watch any "reality" shows. I don't know if you have ever watched Canadian true-crime shows, but they are pathetic. "Exhibit A", "72 Hours", "Forensic Files", and others, all of them are complete rubbish because they stress anonymity and discretion, and usually comprise of nothing more than one long, boring re-enactment. What I liked about Kurtis's shows is that he scrupulously shunned recreations, instead using a lot of location establishing shots, interviews, photos, etc. The Canadian shows are worthless as "true crime" in that you might as well be watching fiction. They include almost no photos (often not even of the criminals), video, or other actual documentation. Yawn!
You took the words right out of my mouth Crime.The only show I am even slightly interested in is called The Killer Next Door.But its in french and they have a translator.I got nothing against the french language,it is a national language here.But I do not speak french,and I watch tv usually in my office because no one in my house likes the same shows as me.I usually flip on my pc while listening to my shows.

I sure hope another channel like Discovery or someone picks up Bill Kurtis productions and lets him make the shows we all love.

You are absolutely right about "Killer Next Door", Alta. It is one of the only interesting and well-made Canadian crime docs. I don't mind that it's in French if it's translated, but I don't want to hear only about cases from Quebec.

Thanks for posting that news release from Kurtis Productions. It is surprisingly strongly worded. There must have been some serious outrages going on behind the scenes at A&E. I know I won't be watching it much anymore.

Kurtis and A&E must have reconciled to some extent. He narrated (and produced?) a show about Cho that aired on A&E at 10 last night.

Sad to see that CCF and BK have been cancelled. Loved watching both of them!

I loved those shows. It's a shame they have been cancelled to make room for such drivel such as what has been on lately.

I'll have to see when they'll repeat the show on Cho. Thanks for the heads up!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back