Thread: WA - AMBER ALERT: Unknown Male, 5-7, Everett, 5 March 2007

WA - AMBER ALERT: Unknown Male, 5-7, Everett, 5 March 2007

Amber Alert Issued for 5 to 7 Year Old Washington Boy
    Posted: Monday March 5, 2007: 2:36 PM CST

The EVERETT, Washington Police Department and the State of Washington has issued an Amber Alert for a child who was apparently abducted on March 5, 2007.

A 10-year-old boy who was on his way to school near Everett reported seeing a man in a blue van grab a 5- to 7-year-old boy, put his hand over the boy's mouth, put the boy in the van and drive away. The boy who was taken is white and was wearing a dark coat, a dark ski cap and a backpack. He is 3 feet 3 inches to 3 feet 6 inches tall.

The man sought in the case is Hispanic, in his early 20s and was wearing a dark red raincoat.

Officials at nearby Discovery Elementary School are taking attendance to determine if any student is missing. No child who was expected to attend a pre-school event were found to be missing. No parents have reported their child missing. Deputies are searching for the van and treating the case as an abduction.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Snohomish County Sheriff at 425-407-3970 or dial 911.

http://codeamber.org/unkwa/

Is this still going on? I saw this on FNC this morning and they seemed to drop it once the school said none of their students were unaccounted for.

It looks like the Amber Alert has been cancelled for this one. Wonder if the kid was just looking for attention or if there's more to it...
    http://codeamber.org/unkwa/

Cancelled, I just got this e-mail -

Amber Alert cancelled for 5 to 7 Year Old Washington Boy
    Posted: Monday March 5, 2007: 2:36 PM CST
    Updated: Monday March 5, 2007: 6:11 PM CST
    AMBER Alert cancelled, Snohomish County Sheriff's Office has been
    unable to indentify a victim and has no further information on a possible
    missing child.

More information may be available at www.codeamber.org.

**Amber Alert Cancelled**

You are right. It was cancelled just after I posted the bulletin. Unfortunately, that is when my internet went out and I wasn't able to post an update. Sorry!!

I guess no one has officially called it a "hoax", but that is what it is sounding like. Maybe we'll find out for sure in a day or two.

Maybe the 10 yo child just imagined it, or thought he saw something and it wasn't anything. I hope he didn't make this up.