699 users online (87 members and 612 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TX - Demetris McCoy & Vanswan Polty for child endangerment, Watauga, 2007

March 5, 2007, 10:31 am

By Tom Zeller Jr.Tags: crime, drugs, law enforcement

The videotape says it all — and it is the chief bit of evidence against two Texas teenagers who were arrested for turning two brothers, a 5-year-old and a 2-year-old, into “pot-heads.”
    Yes, that’s right, the toddlers were smoking marijuana. Really smoking — like, inhaling. At one point, one of the older boys asked if the youngsters had “the munchies.”
    The toddlers are now reported to be in protective custody and the two men face felony charges.

CNN reported this morning that the mother of the two young children, Shattoria Russell, was sleeping in the next room with a toothache. While she expressed disapproval of what the two men did, she said she didn’t think they should have to do hard time.

However, Bruce Ure, director of public safety for the city of Watauga, Texas, said the tape clearly showed that this wasn’t the first time the boys had smoked marijuana. more at link:http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/200...king-toddlers/
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

I will not watch that video. This story sickens me.

The worst part is that it is very obvious this was not their first time smoking pot. They smoked it like they knew what they were doing. The 2 year old held the joint in his mouth while the uncle lit it.

That's terrible! they thinks its funny!

Poor kids havent got a chance.

There was a story in the news here last year that showed a 5 yr old with a bong in his mouth, I couldn't believe it- sad stuff

The video was disgusting. It showed the two guys laughing and the sound of the little boys coughing.

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    Awww, how sad

People are just cruel....

When I see this video I get sick to my stomach. I cannot watch it anymore. It sickens me to no end. It doesn't look as if this is the first time the kids were given joints to smoke.

One of the cruelest things I have ever seen related to drug/child abuse.

Just utterly horrid.

Gozgals

Quote Originally Posted by Gozgals
    When I see this video I get sick to my stomach. I cannot watch it anymore. It sickens me to no end. It doesn't look as if this is the first time the kids were given joints to smoke.

One of the cruelest things I have ever seen related to drug/child abuse.

Just utterly horrid.

Gozgals
    What makes me sicker is these babies mother sticking of for this scum!

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

Magicrose, I agree!

I kind of think the mother was probably in on this. Maybe she was not in the room this time.... But come on! At the very least she had to have known these guys were getting high in the same house where her children were.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRose99
    It's not the first time that these toddlers smoked. It was obvious. I would like to know if this mother is on welfare and if this is how our tax money is being spent.

This kid is nuts

I just watched a video on CNN with the teenage uncle of those kids saying that the media was blowing this out of proportion. He also said that those kids were going to smoke sooner or later anyways...so I guess that justifies giving them weed at ages 2 and 5. What a winner he is. Here's the link:

http://www.cnn.com/video/player/play...king.kids.wfaa

Quote Originally Posted by lymom3
    I just watched a video on CNN with the teenage uncle of those kids saying that the media was blowing this out of proportion. He also said that those kids were going to smoke sooner or later anyways...so I guess that justifies giving them weed at ages 2 and 5. What a winner he is. Here's the link:

http://www.cnn.com/video/player/play...king.kids.wfaa
    So sad. I'll bet the teenage uncle saw pot smoking from the time he was a very young child and started smoking it younger than we can imagine.

My mom tells stories of my young toddler cousins drinking leftover wine at the dinner table after family dinners while the adults looked on and laughed at the kids getting tipsy. My family was a drinking family so this seemed normal to them.

Family standards of what's appropriate can be very, er...unique.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom
    My mom tells stories of my young toddler cousins drinking leftover wine at the dinner table after family dinners while the adults looked on and laughed at the kids getting tipsy. My family was a drinking family so this seemed normal to them.

Family standards of what's appropriate can be very, er...unique.
    Yeah, but what sickens me the most is that any choice was taken away from these youngsters, they're not even 7 or 8, let alone 12 or 13, and already they will be addicted to drugs. He figures, "oh well, what's a few developing brain cells?" Sticking a joint in the kids mouth and lighting it??? The uncle ought to be shot for that!!! GRRRRR!!!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRose99
    Me too! Ugh . This is a local story for my area (DFW) so I keep seeing the mom giving that interview where she is alluding to the fact that it is not that bad and says that, at the most, they should be given probation. Where is the outrage or even caring that these boys did something that could affect her childrens brains permanently, has a tape of her children smoking pot on national news AND got her children removed from her custody for possibly a very long time? Hmmm....I think she needs to be drug tested ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by SLP
    Where is the outrage or even caring that these boys did something that could affect her childrens brains permanently, has a tape of her children smoking pot on national news AND got her children removed from her custody for possibly a very long time? Hmmm....I think she needs to be drug tested ASAP.
    Agreed!

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast