Report: Captain America dies on the page

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Captain America has undertaken his last mission — at least for now.

The venerable superhero is killed in the issue of his namesake comic that hit stands Wednesday, the New York Daily News reported. On the new edition's pages, a sniper shoots down the shield-wielding hero as he leaves a courthouse.

It ends a long run for the stars-and-stripes-wearing character, created in 1941. Over the years, some 210 million copies of Captain America comic books, published by New York-based Marvel Entertainment Inc., have been sold in 75 countries.

But resurrections are not unknown in the world of comics, and Marvel Entertainment Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada said a Captain America comeback wasn't impossible.

Still, the character's death came as a blow to co-creator Joe Simon.

"We really need him now," said Simon, 93, who worked with artist Jack Kirby to devise Captain America as a foe for Adolf Hitler.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070307/ap_en_ot/captain_america&printer=1

I hope when Marvel resurrect him, he'll have grown some brass. Pfft, fighting the Registration Act throught the courts? What a joke of a superhero.

:dance: ...good riddance! :dance:

Jacobi said:
I hope when Marvel resurrect him, he'll have grown some brass. Pfft, fighting the Registration Act throught the courts? What a joke of a superhero.

:dance: ...good riddance! :dance:
LOL! I remember him from the comics as a child and the TV Movies. Always was one of my faves.

Who's the hot babe in your siggie, is that you?

Dark Knight said:
LOL! I remember him from the comics as a child and the TV Movies. Always was one of my faves.

Who's the hot babe in your siggie, is that you?
I was just being sarcastic about the Cap, since I know he'll be back eventually! It's just a money making exercise.

And uhm, speaking as a guy, if that were me in the sig I'd never leave the bedroom. That's Klara Koukalova, czech tennis star!

Jacobi said:
I was just being sarcastic about the Cap, since I know he'll be back eventually! It's just a money making exercise.

And uhm, speaking as a guy, if that were me in the sig I'd never leave the bedroom. That's Klara Koukalova, czech tennis star!
Oops! Sorry, didn't know you were a dude, LOL! Sorry again!

She is gorgeous!!!!!! Makes me want to start giving tennis lessons again LOL!

Dark Knight said:
Oops! Sorry, didn't know you were a dude, LOL! Sorry again!

She is gorgeous!!!!!! Makes me want to start giving tennis lessons again LOL!
... :p ...

Dark Knight said:
She is gorgeous!!!!!! Makes me want to start giving tennis lessons again LOL![/QUOTE]

Pssst....nobody tell Ariel7 that I said this, ok? :D

Jacobi said:

Bad news, Jacobi, Klara is married. We're outta luck! :p

Dark Knight said:
Bad news, Jacobi, Klara is married. We're outta luck! :p
:p

Yes, unfortunately she now goes by Klara Zakopalova, but she's forever Kookie to me. Oh, and to add insult to injury, since her marriage, she's dropped out of the top-100 and now needs to qualify for major tournaments!

*sniff*

Jacobi said:
:p

Yes, unfortunately she now goes by Klara Zakopalova, but she's forever Kookie to me. Oh, and to add insult to injury, since her marriage, she's dropped out of the top-100 and now needs to qualify for major tournaments!

*sniff*
Marriage almost always means death to a tennis player's career. It happens time and time again. They just can't afford to split their time and effort with anyone else and still play well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back