This is Strange

tezi

Proud member of WS since 2000.
Reaction score
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5401099,00.html

A Southern Colorado woman who was in a vegetative state for more than 6 years regained consciousness briefly and talked to television reporters in Colorado Springs before relapsing back into a vegetative state today.

The rest of the story is at the link posted above. I hope that she can fully come out of her coma.

the original tez said:
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5401099,00.html

A Southern Colorado woman who was in a vegetative state for more than 6 years regained consciousness briefly and talked to television reporters in Colorado Springs before relapsing back into a vegetative state today.

The rest of the story is at the link posted above. I hope that she can fully come out of her coma.
I saw a clip about this woman on Fox News today. They interviewed her doctor. He said that he did not advocate "pulling the plug" on those who are in comas.

It would be interesting to see how much this woman improves over time.

ETA: Now, I am confused. Is this woman back in a coma??

From the way I read the article Nan, she is back in her coma. The mother said she has come out of it four other times, but not to the extent that she did this time.

I hope that she improves and comes out of the coma permanently.

If this were a car, I'd suspect a clogged fuel filter. If I were her brain surgeon, I'd be looking for a blockage that could be permenantly removed.

That poor family. To think that a miracle occured and then have it ripped away is awful. Prayers for her recovery.

teonspaleprincess said:
That poor family. To think that a miracle occured and then have it ripped away is awful. Prayers for her recovery.
It's all in how you look at it. Apparently the mother looks at it as a blessing that she came around for the time that she did, and hopes to see her like that again sometime. I love her mother's outlook on life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back