Keep Your Eyes Open for This!

tezi

Proud member of WS since 2000.
Reaction score
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — An unknown number of new George Washington dollar coins were mistakenly struck without their edge inscriptions, including ''In God We Trust,'' and are fetching around $50 apiece online.

~~~SNIP~~~
About half were made in Philadelphia and the rest in Denver. So far the mint has only received reports of error coins coming from Philadelphia, mint spokeswoman Becky Bailey said.

Bailey said it was unknown how many coins lacked the inscriptions. Ron Guth, president of Professional Coin Grading Service, one of the world's largest coin authentication companies, said he believes that at least 50,000 error coins were put in circulation.

~~~SNIP~~~

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nation/article/0,1299,DRMN_16_5401240,00.html

I am going to be watching for one of these to come my way. Who knows how much they may be worth later on!

I'll be looking, too. I've handed out a few of them (my bank is out already, but expects a new shipment) and always point out the In God We Trust written on the edge, as I've heard some locals complain that the inscription was missing from these new dollar coins.

Ooh, I have a couple rolls of them that are unopened. Now I want to open them to see if they have the side inscription. Nah, I guess I better not. Uggh..... I wish I knew for sure!

I wonder if all the error-coins were distributed to the same area? Does anyone know what states they are being found in?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back