1362 users online (341 members and 1021 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

9 killed in Bronx house fire

Eight children and an adult died and several others were injured in a house fire that authorities are calling one of New York's deadliest blazes in recent memory.

Witnesses described a ghastly sight of a woman hurling children through broken windows in hopes of saving the kids from Wednesday night's inferno.

"All I see is just a big cloud of white dust and out of nowhere comes the first baby," said Edward Soto, who managed to catch two of the children thrown from the window.

All the while, screams of "help me, help me" spread through the three-story home, said Soto, who helped rescue the children with neighbor David Todd, 40.

Fire Department spokesman Seth Andrews confirmed the death toll early Thursday. The cause of the fire had not been determined.

At least 10 people were hurt, five of them seriously injured. Four firefighters and one other emergency worker were hospitalized with minor injuries.

Michael Heller, spokesman at Jacobi Medical Center, said five children ranging in age from 2 to 6 were taken to the Bronx hospital. They are suffering smoke inhalation and burns, and three are in critical condition.

One of the victims an infant less than a year old died at Jacobi, Heller said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070308/ap_on_re_us/bronx_fire&printer=1

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

The pictures of the grieving family and friends just break my heart Prayers for these families and the community.