18 Earthquakes Rattle Northern California

Holy smokes! Any posters out there??

EEK! I wonder if it will make it's way to Southern Cal :eek:

Whaaaaatt, I never heard this either. I seem to not be hearing all the latest news. Have read it all here. I must be on another planet lately. I sure hope the quakes aren't coming to So. Cal. no likey!!:snooty:

Science geek to the rescue: :D

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/Quakes/quakes_all.php

You can monitor and research that site for real-time data on earthquakes all over the world. If you scroll down the list you will see that, indeed, Cali did have a series of small earthquakes Thursday evening. Somehwere in that data, is the listing of a small earthquake down in S. Cali.

Well since I've been on the computer most of the day, and programming my new cell phone I've felt some today beause I was sitting down.

One I wrote down the time of 3:31 p.m. and just a liitle while ago that really 'jolted' at 7:47 p.m.

Guess I'll have to wait for the late news tonight to find out where they were, but they felt close.

Well since I've been on the computer most of the day, and programming my new cell phone I've felt some today beause I was sitting down.

One I wrote down the time of 3:31 p.m. and just a liitle while ago that really 'jolted' at 7:47 p.m.

Guess I'll have to wait for the late news tonight to find out where they were, but they felt close.
Oh I felt it. But I wasn't sure. I felt a rumble but then it was gone..so I thought it was my dog jumping on the bed or something. But that timing is right.

But I didn't get anything in my notfication email.

here is your one from this afternoon:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]SELECT EARTHQUAKE[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]LOCATION[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]DATE[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]TIME[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]MAGNITUDE[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=+1]4 miles SSW of Devore, CA[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif](ID 14285604)[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=+1]APR 17 2007[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=+1]15:31:22 PDT[/SIZE][/FONT]

http://pasadena.wr.usgs.gov/shake/ca/

The one that jolted you looks like to have been a 3.0, in the greater LA area @ a depth of 4km. The earlier one looks to have been a 2.8 not far from the same area, with the depth at 3.8km. (per the gov't earthquake site that officially monitors for earthquakes)

Hang in there, y'all... hopefully this is just a round of small temblors.

Whaaaaatt, I never heard this either. I seem to not be hearing all the latest news. Have read it all here. I must be on another planet lately. I sure hope the quakes aren't coming to So. Cal. no likey!!:snooty:

How adorable Lilpony, that was so perfect and I just wanted to hug that 'lil hossie!

:blowkiss: Scandi

PS: Oh my, now I see it is a little smiley boy and not a hossie Oops!!

here is your one from this afternoon:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]SELECT EARTHQUAKE[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]LOCATION[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]DATE[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]TIME[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]MAGNITUDE[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=+1]4 miles SSW of Devore, CA[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif](ID 14285604)[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=+1]APR 17 2007[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=+1]15:31:22 PDT[/SIZE][/FONT]

http://pasadena.wr.usgs.gov/shake/ca/

You beat me to the mat with the info LoL !!!! :D

The one that jolted you looks like to have been a 3.0, in the greater LA area @ a depth of 4km. The earlier one looks to have been a 2.8 not far from the same area, with the depth at 3.8km. (per the gov't earthquake site that officially monitors for earthquakes)

Hang in there, y'all... hopefully this is just a round of small temblors.
OH thanks! hey my sister lives in Alexandria.

I don't understand why they've made such a big deal out of these swarms. They happen all the time out here.

I don't understand why they've made such a big deal out of these swarms. They happen all the time out here.

Exactly, Kim. Anything below 4 "doesn't count" to Californians. Anything from 4 to 6 is merely a giggle.

I don't live that far from Tom's Girl, for example, and I felt nothing.

Exactly, Kim. Anything below 4 "doesn't count" to Californians. Anything from 4 to 6 is merely a giggle.

I don't live that far from Tom's Girl, for example, and I felt nothing.

I probably wouldn't have either Nova, except it hit with such a 'jolt' that it rattled everything and I was sitting here @ the computer.

Devore is just north of me, and I'm on a Fault line so guess that's why I felt it more. My first husband lives up in Devore in a big two story house, he probably really felt it even though it was a 'little guy' quake :woohoo: :razz: :)

I just pray everyone is safe.

How sweet of you Nore, heck yeah, everyone's okay, these are just babies that happen a lot and you get used to them IF you feel them. Most of the time most of us never do :)

I probably wouldn't have either Nova, except it hit with such a 'jolt' that it rattled everything and I was sitting here @ the computer.

Devore is just north of me, and I'm on a Fault line so guess that's why I felt it more. My first husband lives up in Devore in a big two story house, he probably really felt it even though it was a 'little guy' quake :woohoo: :razz: :)

What people back East may not realize is that our homes and buildings are built to shake quite a bit so they won't "break." A small earthquake where I work feels the same as some maintenance guy walking across the roof.

What people back East may not realize is that our homes and buildings are built to shake quite a bit so they won't "break." A small earthquake where I work feels the same as some maintenance guy walking across the roof.

Exactly right Nova, my cat jumping up on my bed while I'm watching the tube feels like a little quake :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back