1310 users online (269 members and 1041 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

PA - John Orbach, 34, Butler Township, 24 Feb 2007

Family and friends of a 34-year-old Butler Township father will resume their search for him on Saturday in Butler Township.
    Although approximately 200 volunteers guided by search-and-rescue experts failed to find John Orbach last Saturday, a week after his disappearance on Feb. 24, his grandfather Walter Bloss and friends vowed to continue looking.
    Bloss said they have some good ideas of where to look.
    “We need 30 to 50 people to make it work,” he said.
    Anyone who wants to help can join the search team, starting at 7:30 a.m. at Mary’s Restaurant across Route 309 from Wendy’s.
    Orbach, 34, was last seen near midnight on Feb. 24 at Evans Roadhouse Restaurant and Bar when he walked out while wearing a brown T-shirt, jeans, boots and hat but no winter coat.
    The family has consulted a psychic, who has described terrain around the township and a sensation of falling off a bridge, Orbach’s aunt Kayann Smith said.

http://www.standardspeaker.com/index...=4619&Itemid=2

Was his car still at the roadhouse or was it gone too? I wonder if he drove off of the road on the way home? Hopfully he will be found when they do the search.

Body Identified As Missing Man:

Police said a body found yesterday afternoon in Luzerne County is that of a missing man.
    A teenager found the body of John Orbach off Interstate 80 in Butler Township. Police said Craig Evans and his daughter were driving along the highway when the wheel of their van fell off. The 17-year-old girl got out and looked for the lost tire when she discovered the body.
    "My dad told me not to do anything just leave it there so I came back up and l looked over and saw something blue like a tarp and I went back to the tire and came back up and I saw a shoe. And then I saw his hands," said Aleska Evans of Mountain Top.
    John Orbach, 34, had been missing since February. An autopsy determined he died of hypothermia.
    http://www.wnep.com/Global/story.asp?S=6392740