GUILTY GA - Christopher Barrios, 6, murdered, Glynn County, 8 March 2007

mistivon

Verified Insider - Maricela Garcia
Reaction score
BRUNSWICK, Ga. -- Glynn County police, the Georgia State Patrol, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and other agencies have joined the search for a 6-year-old boy who did not return home Thursday night.

According to police, Christopher Michael Barrios Jr. was last seen walking in the Canal Mobile Home Park on Horseshoe Lane around 6:15 p.m. When he was not home just after 8 p.m., police were called.

He was last seen wearing a blue or green long-sleeve shirt with a white T-shirt underneath and long black pants. He was wearing white tennis shoes with a blue stripe on the side with a Velcro closure on top

http://www.news4jax.com/news/11212402/detail.html

That is one precious-looking child. Prayers for him to be found safe.

Such a sweet little boy. I hope that he is found soon and that he is alright. I wonder how much crime there is in that area?

They have not called off the search. They have called off the ground search for tonight. There are still volunteers and a serch and rescue team stll looking and will continue to look. People are searching via golfcarts, four wheelers, horses and on foot. This community in Brunswick is pulling together to search for this little boy. Local area buisnesses are helping to feed and provide for the family, searchers and police. The area around where he was taken is wooded but also under development around it, so some areas are difficult to search and others are easier.

The police do have fingerprints found on a toy that Christopher was last known to have played with (a Stars Wars sword) and have moved toward concentrating on those fingerprints. So far they have no idea who they belong to and have ruled out other people that had reason to handle that toy. One set however has not been identified and Glynn County Police have requested the assistance of the FBI in identifying these fingerprints. The GCP also think the child was abducted by someone that knows the child and also knows the trailer park area in which he lived. Both known sex offenders in the trailer park have been checked and from what I understand have also been ruled out as suspects thus far.

I'll post more when I get more information.

GOLDHEARTNUMB said:
They have not called off the search. They have called off the ground search for tonight. There are still volunteers and a serch and rescue team stll looking and will continue to look. People are searching via golfcarts, four wheelers, horses and on foot. This community in Brunswick is pulling together to search for this little boy. Local area buisnesses are helping to feed and provide for the family, searchers and police. The area around where he was taken is wooded but also under development around it, so some areas are difficult to search and others are easier.

The police do have fingerprints found on a toy that Christopher was last known to have played with (a Stars Wars sword) and have moved toward concentrating on those fingerprints. So far they have no idea who they belong to and have ruled out other people that had reason to handle that toy. One set however has not been identified and Glynn County Police have requested the assistance of the FBI in identifying these fingerprints. The GCP also think the child was abducted by someone that knows the child and also knows the trailer park area in which he lived. Both known sex offenders in the trailer park have been checked and from what I understand have also been ruled out as suspects thus far.

I'll post more when I get more information.

Good info so far.I am glad the FBI is involved as this will move the case forward faster. Hope Chris makes it. Prayers all the way around for him and his family.

$26,000 Reward Offered for Safe Return of 6-Year-Old Georgia Boy Believed to Have Been Abducted

BRUNSWICK, Ga. — Police have widened their search for a 6-year-old boy who disappeared last week while walking home in a Glynn County, Ga., mobile home park.

Glynn County Police Chief Matt Doering said Sunday that he is treating the disappearance of Christopher Michael Barrios Junior as an abduction.

A reward of $26,000 has been offered for his safe return.

Hundreds of local, state and federal law enforcement officers, National Guard soldiers and volunteers have been looking for the boy around the Canal mobile home park, but no clues have been found. Christopher disappeared last Thursday.

Doering said officers also searched ponds nearby as well as the Altamaha Canal for the possibility he might have fallen in.

Police have expanded the investigation to people and places outside the immediate area. The Florida Times-Union reported that police Capt. Marissa Tindale said the expanded search also includes checking Dumpsters, motels, dirt roads, wells and other sites where Christopher might be found.

Story continues here: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,258324,00.html

This doesn't sound good at all!!! There were 2 sex offenders in the MHP and his parents let him run around by himself?!!! :banghead:

Amber Alert Issued for 6 Year Old Georgia Boy
[font=VERDANA,ARIAL]Posted: Monday March 12, 2007: 4:16 CDT PM
[/font]

The Glynn County Police Dept and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation issued the Amber Alert on Monday afternoon. The child went missing in Brunswick, Georgia on Thursday March 8th but authorities are now convinced that the child was abducted. Click for a map of Brunswick, Georgia.

Christopher Michael Barrios Jr. a 6 Y/O B-Hisp/M, 3'6" tall, 65 lbs, Brown eyes, short Black Hair and silver caps on upper and lower teeth. He was last seen wearing a blue or green long sleeved shirt with a white t-shirt underneath and long black pants.

On 3/8/2007 at 6:15 PM, Christopher Michael Barrios Jr. was last seen at Horseshoe Lane in front of lot #146 in Brunswick, Ga. and is believed to be in extreme danger.

Christopher Michael Barrios Jr. was abducted by an unknown subject. Vehicle description and direction of travel are unknown at this time.

Police are offering a $27,000 reward for the safe return of Christopher.

If you have any information on the whereabouts of Christopher Michael Barrios Jr please contact The Glynn County Police Department at 912-554-3645 or dial 911.

I think Greta is going to give a report on Christopher in a few minutes.

I hope they searched inside every trailer and under the trailers, this is so much like the Lunsford child.

Five mile search, using dogs, atv, etc no leads. Think abduction.

I agree. I hope they did search every trailer. I'm wondering if that would be allowed (legal) for them to do without permission from the owner or without a search warrant? I think in a situation like this when a child's life is in danger they should be allowed to do the searches.

Beyond Belief said:
I think Greta is going to give a report on Christopher in a few minutes.

I hope they searched inside every trailer and under the trailers, this is so much like the Lunsford child.

They couldn't find anything using the dogs. This is strange. Some cases they are certain a dog follows a trail, yet nothing in this case.

We need to get the prayer chain going. Maybe God will hear us and bring Christopher home safe.

Do you know where the toy he was playing with was found? Was it at his last known location or elsewhere?

Beyond Belief said:
They couldn't find anything using the dogs. This is strange. Some cases they are certain a dog follows a trail, yet nothing in this case.

I only know what s written here. I was wondering abt the toy also and who saw him with it.

Thank you. I thought Greta might have mentioned something about the toy. I don't have her on right now.
Beyond Belief said:
I only know what s written here. I was wondering abt the toy also and who saw him with it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unimog
Back