Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: GA - Christopher Michael Barrios, Jr, missing boy, Glynn County

Peggy Edenfield Takes Stand; Recounts Details of Murder

BRUNSWICK, GA -- As the prosecution closed their case early Saturday evening, they called Peggy Edenfield to the stand to testify against her husband.

She recounted details of how her husband placed the body of young Christopher Barrios into their car after he was strangled and sexually molested.

The jury is hearing arguments and the trial could extend into Sunday.

Maybe there's someone who can stand reading the horrific details. Rest in peace, little man.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/t...145956&catid=3

Last edited by kiki the parrot; 10-03-2009 at 07:32 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kiki the parrot For This Useful Post:

Man Found Guilty of Murdering Boy, 6, in Georgia Trailer Park

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

That was fast.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Openmind For This Useful Post:

I thank God that the monster that did this will pay for it. I couldn't stomach the details but I know little Christopher had to have sufferef horribly and he deserves this little bit of justice.
    Happy New Years

6. The Following User Says Thank You to teonspaleprincess For This Useful Post:

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    One down.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Openmind View Post
    Man Found Guilty of Murdering Boy, 6, in Georgia Trailer Park

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

That was fast.
    I was at the court house today while the sentencing trial is going on. I was not attending the trial but saw the family on numerous occassions today.

The first time I saw them was when the fire alarm went off in the court house and they cleared the whole court house. The detention center is located across the street. As everyone was standing outside, you could hear the inmates at the jail yelling at one point. I wondered if that is when they took David back to the jail while the court house was cleared.

The last time I saw them was around 2:30 and they all came out for a break and were visibally shaken. It broke my heart to know what they have had to listen to while attending this trial. This child and his family has definately been in the hearts of our community since this horrible crime was committed!

Praying that justice is served on the 3 people responsible for what happened to that innocent child!!

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sega-sleuth For This Useful Post:

Per Baynews9.com, sentenced to death.

I heard the prosecutor's statement was very emotional. I wish I could have heard it.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MomofBoys For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MomofBoys View Post
    Per Baynews9.com, sentenced to death.

I heard the prosecutor's statement was very emotional. I wish I could have heard it.
    It sounds like he was on the verge of tears he called DE an animal. He immediately turned to the jury and apologized ....

“This crime was outrageous, heinous, senseless and tragic. Every time you feel sorry for David Edenfield think of Christopher and think of his last horrendous moments of life,” he told jurors.
    Kelley became so emotional that at one point he blurted that Edenfield was “this animal.”

Edenfield’s attorneys immediately objected and asked Judge Stephen Scarlett to admonish the veteran prosecutor. They also moved for a mistrial, which the judge denied.

The judge told the jury to disregard the statement because it was improper. I'll bet he had a hard time spitting those words out...

http://jacksonville.com/news/georgia...ld_be_executed
    Thank you my WS family for everything you do, everyday. You are loved and appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Emma Leigh Barker~
    09/02/07~03/18/09
    ~R.I.P.~

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to LiFE - Sentenced 6/17/11

~~~~~~~~~~~
    jmho as always

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:

one down and two to go. Has anyone heard what will happen to the "Friend" that helped them dispose of Christophers body?
    There has been no word of him locally.

RIP Christopher, justice is being served, one person at a time honey!!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sega-sleuth For This Useful Post:

GOD BLESS CHRISTOPHER YOU ARE SAFE NOW LITTLE MAN

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/t...146253&catid=3

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kiki the parrot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sega-sleuth View Post
    one down and two to go. Has anyone heard what will happen to the "Friend" that helped them dispose of Christophers body?
    There has been no word of him locally.

RIP Christopher, justice is being served, one person at a time honey!!
    Sorry I didn't see your question sooner.

Yes, He pled guilty the judge sentenced him to some time in a padded cell, then a very long time in a structured probation in some sort of half way house, in another county. And told him never to come back to his county again!! What's with that? I never heard of kicking a criminal out of a county until recently. You take a bad guy and send him to go live with some other innocent people!! Is that a southern thing??

I feel for this guy on some level. I really believe he is not competent, and was used by the family. I don't think he could have walked away that day after they told him what they did, if he is as "simple" as I heard he is, all they had to do was threaten him. The judge did a good job..
    Thank you my WS family for everything you do, everyday. You are loved and appreciated.

~Emma Leigh Barker~
    09/02/07~03/18/09
    ~R.I.P.~

Justice For Emma

~~~~~~~~~~~
    jmho as always

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:

What a horrendous crime. I can't help but think that this "family" had to have abused the son, and maybe others, before he was old enough to start his own path of abusing others. Please tell me there is a God who still believes in justice and will see fit that he is placed in the general jail population.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SunnieRN For This Useful Post:

This poor family and Christopher was such a cutie. One down as someone said earlier. Horrendous.
    (all posts are my opinion only--do not try to understand my logic)

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SailorMoon For This Useful Post:

I read in the Brunswick News that George will be tested to see if he is fit to stand trial. They are waiting for his trial before they proceed with Peggy's trial.
    How sad after what they did to Christopher, they get all the rights afforded to all. Regardless of the punishment they get from our courts, they will eventually face the music when they face the Lord.
    May God continue to Bless the entire family of Christopher Michael Barrios Jr. May God help them all cope with their loss.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to donjulito For This Useful Post:

Please Please find him fit.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by donjulito View Post
    I read in the Brunswick News that George will be tested to see if he is fit to stand trial. They are waiting for his trial before they proceed with Peggy's trial.
    How sad after what they did to Christopher, they get all the rights afforded to all. Regardless of the punishment they get from our courts, they will eventually face the music when they face the Lord.
    May God continue to Bless the entire family of Christopher Michael Barrios Jr. May God help them all cope with their loss.
    Has there been anything new on Christopher? I keep checking the local news, hoping & waiting.

Or I should say on George? The DA said George was going to be tested right after David was sentenced. Honestly the one who seems the most "touched" is Piggy. She had no problem flapping her gums about the crimes like she was explaining IDK, what to compare her to do what they did and then talk about it like it was nothing...

Just explaining what someone witnessed, when it is as horrible as what these animals did to this baby should make anyone have some sort of an emotional response. It doesn't sound like Piggy even blinked! The animals.. no worse than animals an animal wouldn't do this.

According to LE; David and Piggy sat "comparing stories" after they had been brought into custody. David even explained to her how things were going to happen and what was going on. IDK maybe the fact that it didn't occur to them that the walls had ears doesn't speak well for their thought process. I've never been arrested but if it ever happened I would know better than to talk to anyone outside of my attorney... But their choice they were free to sit and talk about the weather while they contemplated their navels....

I hope Christopher's family is doing OK (as OK as possible under these circumstances.) They are in my prayers.
    Last edited by LCoastMom; 03-12-2010 at 12:03 PM.

~Emma Leigh Barker~
    09/02/07~03/18/09
    ~R.I.P.~

Justice For Emma

~~~~~~~~~~~
    jmho as always

I read in the Brunswick News that David is looking for a new trial. George is still being checked to see if he is fit to stand trial and Peggy will be try after George's trial is finished.

We have two links where you can light candles for Christopher Barrios, post a tribute or just look at some pictures;

http://michaelbarrios.memory-of.com/

http://christopher-barrios.last-memories.com/

May God continue to bless the entire family of Christopher Michael Barrios Jr. May the Lord help them all cope with their loss.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donjulito For This Useful Post:

Accused Child Killer 'Incompetent' For Trial

One of three family members charged with the 2007 rape and murder of a Brunswick boy will not stand trial after defense attorneys and prosecutors agree George Edenfield is found incompetent to stand trial.

Psychological evaluations dating back decades show Edenfield, a convicted sex offender, is mentally challenged.

Edenfield, along with his mother and father, is charged with raping and murdering six-year-old Christopher Barrios in March 2007. The little boy's body was found naked and stuffed in a garbage bag days after he went missing from his family's Brunswick home.

Edenfield's father has already been convicted and sentenced to death for his role in the murder. Edenfield's mother pleaded 'no contest' and was expected to testify against her son.

More: http://wokv.com/localnews/2010/08/ac...incompete.html
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

http://www.wtoc.com/global/story.asp?s=14027983
    BRUNSWICK, GA (WTOC) - There are new developments in the killing of a six-year-old. One of the defendents is withdrawing her plea and taking her chances before a jury trial.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LMax For This Useful Post:

Wishing her luck on that one. OK, not really.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Peggy Edenfield, Georgia Edenfield and David Edenfield are charged with the 2007 kidnapping, rape and murder of six-year-old Christopher Barrios.

Why are they saying that David is charged? He is convicted, no?

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Wishing her luck on that one. OK, not really.
    That just means she is going to face the death penalty then, right? Prosecutors took it off the table in exchange for her testimony. Now, if she isn't going to testify, I would think that prosecutors would put it right back on the table.

This was an awful crime and I hope they all face the death penalty, personally.

Salem

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

I hope the jury gives her what she has coming.

George & Peggy Update -

Peggy Edenfield next to stand trial in Barrios slaying

Prosecutors consent to a change of venue for her trial, Special Assistant District Attorney John Johnson told Scarlett.

"We'd like to get it done before the end of the year," Johnson said.

Last week, Peggy Edenfield rejected a plea bargain that Christopher's grandmother told reporters called for her to serve 30 years in prison for the slaying. "I want her to get a jury trial. I believe a jury will convict her and give her a lot more than 30 years," Sue Rodriguez said after the hearing.

She faces an automatic life sentence if convicted of murder.

An hour before conducting a hearing Monday about her case, Superior Court Judge Stephen Scarlett ordered her son, George Edenfield, to remain in a state mental hospital undergoing treatment until psychologists determine he is mentally competent to stand trial.

Although he marginally understands the charges against him, George Edenfield remains incapable of assisting his lawyers in his defense, and still is incompetent to stand trial, psychologists said in a Jan. 10 summary of their findings.

There is a chance he "could be restored to competency" and should continue treatment and evaluation at Central State Hospital, the psychologists said in the report that Scarlett attached to his order.

A convicted child molester, George Edenfield, 36, faces the death penalty if convicted...

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2...arrios-slaying

http://www.wtoc.com/story/15379645/p...epts-plea-deal

BRUNSWICK, GA (WTOC) -
    A woman accused of helping her husband and son murder a 6-year-old boy has accepted a plea deal.

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LMax For This Useful Post:

Angry

I remember this case. A whole family participated in this evil. I wonder if there other evil families like Edenfields out there.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314