Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 350
  1. #196
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    I have been thinking about christopher all day. I cant get him off my mind. I am so sickened by what happened to this child I would literally like 5 minutes with the perverts!!
    I know what you mean. I can't get this off of my mind either. I almost threw up reading this. I'd join you for the 5 minutes with these beasts.

    I have a 3 year old son and if anyone ever laid a hand on him...I would not be responsible for my actions.


  2. #197
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brunswick, Georgia
    Posts
    98
    Justice for Christopher Foundation is with Suntrust Bank. The account number is 1000048852254 or you can ask to donate to the Justice for Christopher Foundation.
    THESE ARE MY OPINIONS... KEEP HANDS AND FEET INSIDE AT ALL TIMES WHILE OPINIONS ARE IN MOTION... OPINIONS MAY COME TO A SUDDEN STOP OR CHANGE DIRECTIONS AT ANY GIVEN TIME... HAVE A SAFE JOURNEY


  3. #198
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLDHEARTNUMB View Post
    Justice for Christopher Foundation is with Suntrust Bank. The account number is 1000048852254 or you can ask to donate to the Justice for Christopher Foundation.
    Is there a website for this foundation?


  4. #199
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocgirl View Post
    This was supposedly a seedy, run down trailer park which makes the situation more sad, because I have no idea why there weren't other relatives Christopher could not stay with. You will find that in some trailer parks, you are not doing to find the classiest of people especially ones that live in a delapitated trailer.

    Given that Christophers father is a sex offender and that the paternal grandparent had custody, this suprises me. She could have always allowed contact with her son who probably didn't have visitation rights.
    A sex offender can be a 19 yo man that has a 17yo girlfriend (at least in Minnesota). Not all SOs are old guys hitting on little kids. I don't think Christopher's dad lost visitation rights. IIR he was 23 and had an teenage girlfriend and that is how he got the SO status. I personally know a couple here where he was 17, the girl 14, and she got pregnant. They bought a house and lived together but once she had the baby the COUNTY pressed statutory rape charges against him. He had to go to jail. So there she was alone with a baby. His father paid all her bills until the 17yo (by then 18) got out. Right now they have 3 children and are living together but he is "technically" a sexual offender (he is now 24 and she is 21).

    I am by no means making excuses for the sub-humans that did this to Christopher but don't look at Christopher's father with a crooked eye. I personally think the two males should have their b@!!s nailed to a log and left in the woods to rot and the mother should just have a bag of rocks tied around her neck and thrown into a septic tank.


  5. #200
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel View Post
    Why is it that if you live in a trailer park you are considered "trailer trash?" I hear that over and over again. I have bought into two different trailer parks.
    The first one that I bought into I bought the land and had a mobile moved in. The whole park was kept up and had an association to see that everyone kept their mobiles and their lawns really nice. Later I sold my mobile to my daughter and bought a mobile on rented land in another town. My mobile was really nice and we had a manager who saw to it that our places and lawns, etc were kept up. No problem there either. I didn't know most of the people in either park but none that I lived by looked like lowlifes to me. I really get sick of hearing the term "trailer trash" by people who seem to think that they are better then other people. Come to think of it I've seen plenty of regular neighborhoods that looked pretty trashy to me.

    It is wrong to condem a person without checking out the circumstances of their arrest. Like you said, Christopher's dad is suffering enough without being torn apart on the internet by us. If a young guy gets involved with a young woman who is under 18 and he is over age and he ends up going to prison he has to register even though it is a whole different situation then molesting or raping a child. It sounds like the charge against Christopher's father was years ago and it also sounds like he was 24 yrs and the girl could have been 17 yrs. They could have been in a relationship that her parents didn't approve of and the parents could have filed charges. We just need to be sure of the circumstances before we say anything.
    I agree with your entire post. In answer to your first question, this is probably the same reason why people constantly refer to certain urban neighborhoods as ghettos. Neither classification is fair, yet these comments have become a regular occurance it seems.

    This story reads like a horror movie you can't imagine being true. I will never understand what drives some humans to such acts of pure evil. Everytime I think I have heard the worst, most inimaginable crime, some new story comes along and quickly takes over that title.

    There is so much horror that exists in the world, and I can't imagine how hard it must be sometimes to raise a child and try to hide that horror from your child. Since I don't have any children, I can only use the relationship with my niece and nephew for comparison. I am entranced everyday by their innocence, inquisitiveness, and pure love in their hearts. They are a constant source of light and love in our chaotic and often disturbing world. May Christopher rest in peace knowing that he was and still is loved, and may he know that his life and death touched and enraged people around the world. I pray for his family. I can't imagine going on with life after experiencing such a horrible tragedy.


  6. #201
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,919
    Quote Originally Posted by mum33004 View Post
    I know what you mean. I can't get this off of my mind either. I almost threw up reading this. I'd join you for the 5 minutes with these beasts.

    I have a 3 year old son and if anyone ever laid a hand on him...I would not be responsible for my actions.
    I would not be responsible either.


  7. #202
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Dumpwater, Arkansas..LOL
    Posts
    5,230

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocgirl View Post
    This was supposedly a seedy, run down trailer park which makes the situation more sad, because I have no idea why there weren't other relatives Christopher could not stay with. You will find that in some trailer parks, you are not doing to find the classiest of people especially ones that live in a delapitated trailer.

    Given that Christophers father is a sex offender and that the paternal grandparent had custody, this suprises me. She could have always allowed contact with her son who probably didn't have visitation rights.
    I'm sorry, but you just pushed my jacka$$ button. Just because one lives in a mobile home park whether it is upper-class or lower class does not mean that the people that live there are trailer trash or as you put it "the classiest of people." I live in a mobile home park, and it is by no means the "classiest" one around. But, that doesn't mean I am of a lower class than you. My mobile home is in the process of undergoing repairs, I can only imagine what you would think of me and my home. But, rest assured you are no better than I am. I live here because I own my own home and I can afford a place with a huge yard. And I am most assuredly not "trailer trash," or "white trash."

    Gee, what do you think of people that live in subsidized housing projects? I lived in one of those too, before moving to AR and being able to afford my own home. And for the record, the housing project I lived in 10+ years ago was well maintained and managed. There were no problems whatsoever. I had some of the best neighbors when I lived there.

    Christopher's living in a mobile home park isn't the reason he was kidnapped, abused, and murdered. The disgusting pieces of human waste that committed these offenses against this child are. Heck, I bet maybe Manhattan, Beverly Hills, The Hamptons, and other high class places probably have some sickos living there too!

    My point is, this crime could have happened anywhere and crimes like this do everyday, sad to say.
    Last edited by tezi; 03-24-2007 at 02:56 PM. Reason: add a comment...
    My posts are to stay at WS, not to be moved to other forums for their members to judge. I know who is moving posts and this is fair warning. If I want my posts moved to other places, I will do it myself.

    The above post is JMO, MOO, MHO, and all other disclaimers. Please leave it here at WS! TIA


  8. #203
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,919
    Quote Originally Posted by the original tez View Post
    Christopher's living in a mobile home park isn't the reason he was kidnapped, abused, and murdered. The disgusting pieces of human waste that committed these offenses against this child are. Heck, I bet maybe Manhattan, Beverly Hills, The Hamptons, and other high class places probably have some sickos living there too!

    My point is, this crime could have happened anywhere and crimes like this do everyday, sad to say.
    I am so sad about this child. You are right it does not matter where you live, remember Jon Benet, Devon and Damon Routier, and the list goes on and on. They lived in from what it looked like nice houses ect....I have lots of family that live in Mobile Homes and they are gorgeous, they live down south in TN surrounded by mountains and beautiful land. I am jealous of their homes, lol...I just wanted to add my on the whole "trailer trash" thing, I hate that term.


  9. #204
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Dumpwater, Arkansas..LOL
    Posts
    5,230

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    I am so sad about this child. You are right it does not matter where you live, remember Jon Benet, Devon and Damon Routier, and the list goes on and on. They lived in from what it looked like nice houses ect....I have lots of family that live in Mobile Homes and they are gorgeous, they live down south in TN surrounded by mountains and beautiful land. I am jealous of their homes, lol...I just wanted to add my on the whole "trailer trash" thing, I hate that term.
    I hate the "trailer trash" term too. I feel this way, if someone wants to call me trailer trash fine. Whatever makes that person feel better, but I know I'm not trailer trash, and I also know I'm no better than the next person.

    Christopher did not get killed because he lived in a mobile home park, it could have happened anywhere, at anytime. Where he lived did not have anything to do with it. Those wastes of human space were the ones that killed him. Granted, they lived in the mobile home park also, but that was purely a coincidence.

    Thank you Michelle for pointing out that JonBenet Ramsey, the Routier boys, and I will add the Yates children, they all lived in high-upper class, well-to-do neighborhoods and they are just as dead as Christopher.
    My posts are to stay at WS, not to be moved to other forums for their members to judge. I know who is moving posts and this is fair warning. If I want my posts moved to other places, I will do it myself.

    The above post is JMO, MOO, MHO, and all other disclaimers. Please leave it here at WS! TIA


  10. #205
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SO CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    11,333
    Quote Originally Posted by the original tez View Post
    Thank you Michelle for pointing out that JonBenet Ramsey, the Routier boys, and I will add the Yates children, they all lived in high-upper class, well-to-do neighborhoods and they are just as dead as Christopher.
    May I add Danielle van Dam!


  11. #206
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,850
    I knew this conversation was going to end up discussing the issue of trailer parks and "trailer trash". I have relatives and friends that live in mobile homes, and they are fine, honorable people. In fact, if the world ever goes to Hell in a hand basket, like say...we have another event like 9-11; I would want my mobile home relatives and friends to end up in my compound to help survive the anarchy. The thing that people who are not from the South, may not understand, is that you don't HAVE to live in a trailer to earn the distinction of being "trailer trash". I have known people living in million dollar homes who lived their lives in a manner that earned them the distinction of being "trailer trash". It is a way of life....not a place you live. Heck, Brittney Spears is working on her "trailer trash" medal of honor. In my opinion, trailer trash is redneck gone bad. I come from a family who lived in the foothills of the Smokey Mountains, and earned a living running moonshine during the years of prohibition. I proudly claim the distinction of having redneck blood in my veins. The people I know who live in trailer parks are just as horrified as we are by what happened to Christopher. Just another example of life's little secret that there are good people and bad people everywhere.


  12. #207
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    14,795
    I agree with the generalization and that it doesn't speak of the real crime but rather categorizes people and that isn't fair.

    Too easy to say trailer trash when so many of these crimes involve more affluent people. Child molestation happens everywhere and crosses all economic lines. It is just that some believe money inures you and if you don't have it, it makes you less. Remember the days of our parents when a doctor was the end all be all and you never questioned? It is the same thing. Never take at face value when you feel something is disturbing.

    A very worn cliche...everyone puts their pants on the same way.


  13. #208
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by the original tez View Post
    I hate the "trailer trash" term too. I feel this way, if someone wants to call me trailer trash fine. Whatever makes that person feel better, but I know I'm not trailer trash, and I also know I'm no better than the next person.

    Christopher did not get killed because he lived in a mobile home park, it could have happened anywhere, at anytime. Where he lived did not have anything to do with it. Those wastes of human space were the ones that killed him. Granted, they lived in the mobile home park also, but that was purely a coincidence.

    Thank you Michelle for pointing out that JonBenet Ramsey, the Routier boys, and I will add the Yates children, they all lived in high-upper class, well-to-do neighborhoods and they are just as dead as Christopher.
    I completely agree with everything you said. Like I stated in my previous post my neighborhood has sex offenders living in it just like probably every other neighborhood in America. I don't think there is anywhere you could move to where you would not be living by, at least, one and I am only refering to the ones that have been caught and are registered . That is why I don't think the registry is enough. Ok, so you know you have a sex offender in your zip code (along with every other American!) so now what exactly are you supposed to do about it? There is nothing you can do about it! It just makes people blame the victim more though (or the victims parents) because they knew or had access to information about the offender so somehow they should have been able to avoid being victimized by this person.

    Bottom line though is that All neighborhoods across the board have dangers and all neighborhoods across the board have children playing in them. This could have happened anywhere.


  14. #209
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brunswick, Georgia
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by mum33004 View Post
    Is there a website for this foundation?

    I don't know if they have one up and running yet to be honest. I'll look around but the information I posted was from a website. The website's name escapes me at the moment but I do belive it had "voice" and "children" in the title. Forgive me but my mind isn't totally focused lately. This tragedy weighs so heavily in my heart and lingers in my mind so much that I've found my concentration is gone.
    THESE ARE MY OPINIONS... KEEP HANDS AND FEET INSIDE AT ALL TIMES WHILE OPINIONS ARE IN MOTION... OPINIONS MAY COME TO A SUDDEN STOP OR CHANGE DIRECTIONS AT ANY GIVEN TIME... HAVE A SAFE JOURNEY


  15. #210
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,919
    Quote Originally Posted by the original tez View Post
    I hate the "trailer trash" term too. I feel this way, if someone wants to call me trailer trash fine. Whatever makes that person feel better, but I know I'm not trailer trash, and I also know I'm no better than the next person.

    Christopher did not get killed because he lived in a mobile home park, it could have happened anywhere, at anytime. Where he lived did not have anything to do with it. Those wastes of human space were the ones that killed him. Granted, they lived in the mobile home park also, but that was purely a coincidence.

    Thank you Michelle for pointing out that JonBenet Ramsey, the Routier boys, and I will add the Yates children, they all lived in high-upper class, well-to-do neighborhoods and they are just as dead as Christopher.
    I agree, it does not matter how rich or poor or where in the heck someone lives. I have met some of the nicest most honest people in my life that are broke or live in a trailer and have hardly 2 pennies to rub together. It does not matter. Like I said earlier, I have seem some trailers that I could only dream of having. They are gorgeous.

    I am so sad about christopher, I have been thinking of him alot. Bless his heart, I pray he is in the Loving arms of God.


Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY IL - Couple charged in murder of SIUC student Christopher Gandy, 23
    By UdbCrzy2 in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-26-2011, 03:59 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-23-2011, 11:32 PM
  3. Bus driver charged with attemped abduction
    By Soulmagent in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-30-2010, 12:04 AM
  4. GUILTY CA - Man charged in 1991 abduction, murder of 9yo Laura Arroyo
    By Doyle in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 08:24 AM
  5. GUILTY NY - Christopher Rhodes charged in murder of Jerica Rhodes, 7
    By englishleigh in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-21-2010, 10:22 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •