824 users online (158 members and 666 guests)  

Websleuths News

NC - Kenneth Caldwell, 58, Statesville, 10 May 2004

I worked with this man several years ago. He was reported missing in 2004 about 3-4 miles from where his remains were found. Here is his missing person info and the article from where they found his remains this week. I find it odd that he would have been in that area without his car. His car was found abandoned a few miles away. This are is an industrial area. I suspect foul play, but we will just have to wait and see. At least now the family can have some closure.

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/ga...hp?A200401560S

http://www.news14charlotte.com/conte...135361&SecID=2

LE doesn't suspect foul play but they don't say how the body happened to be found. Had it been buried? Was it found in an area that it would have been discovered right away if it had been suicide or from ill health? The man has been missing for 3 years. I wish we had more information. Why would his car be in a different place if death was due to sickness or suicide? That doesn't make much sense. If you hear more please post it.

Could his car have broken down and he tried to walk somewhere? Then maybe a heart attack or accident or something?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Latest Update

Here is the latest update, but still doesn't tell us much. I may hear more when I get to work tomorrow. Will keep you updated. Again, knowing the area well, I can't imagine that he would have walked there. There has to be more to this story and I believe it is suspicious.

http://www.statesville.com/servlet/S...883&path=!news

Kenneth Clontz Caldwell Jr., formerly of 133 Park St., was reported missing by his family on May 11, 2004.

Two days later, his car was found on Davie Avenue, just a short distance away from his home.
    The last confirmed sighting of Caldwell was around 8:30 a.m. on May 10.

Caldwell’s family notified police the next day, and the search has been on since, Miglin said.

Caldwell’s 1991 Oldsmobile was found on a Wednesday morning, two blocks from his home. It contained a newspaper from two days earlier, Caldwell’s laundry and a shaving kit with his medication inside.

Miglin said the exact cause of death has not yet been determined, but there is no evidence at this time to suggest foul play.

What was he taking medicine for?.............

wouldn't they have searched 3-4 miles from where the car was found looking for him when he first went missing thats not that far. If he was an industrial park how did he go undiscovered for 4 years? was his body hidden?

There is so little press about this case which is so sad. None of his family live her anymore and they are not even going to hold a funeral for him from what the paper said today. I am leaving work right now and I am going to drive out to the site and see exactly where it was......will post an update later.

Ok- so I rode the route from where his car was found (which is about 2 blocks from his home) to the location where his remains were found. It was 3.2 miles. Interestingly, the area his remains were found were down a gravel road that is fairly desolate for a stretch. There are woods and 2 large fields and one old farm house in the block where he was found. Someone told me today that it was utility workers that found them, but I haven't been able to confirm that. I can tell you that there is no way he walked there. Most people in this town don't even realize that this road is there (it appears to be a dead end from the main road). I will be curious to see if they even release the cause of death. It seems that not many people are too concerned with it.

Any ideas on how I can find out more on the investigation?????

i wonder if it was a suicide?
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.