Why kidnap JBR, if not for money?

Holdontoyourhat

Former Member
Reaction score
Its a different question, aside from the obvious fact JBR was murdered.

I would say it was not for money, despite the ransom note. As pointed out many times, the ransom amount seems too small for JR. It also seems to me a real ransom kidnapper would've cared more about the condition of the bills, circulated, unmarked, etc. and would've said so in the long note.

JBR had injuries, but it seems not to the extent a sexual assault was the main intent on the part of the perp.

Maybe the actual intent for an intruder perp was to kidnap JBR alive, but not for ransom.

then why leave such a long-winded rambling go-nowhere ridiculous non-sensical ransom note? oh yea...mom needed an excuse for her dead child being in the house.
that's my opinion,but what is your theory HOTYH?really,I won't critisize it.

JMO8778 said:
then why leave such a long-winded rambling go-nowhere ridiculous non-sensical ransom note? oh yea...mom needed an excuse for her dead child being in the house.
that's my opinion,but what is your theory HOTYH?really,I won't critisize it.
The non-sensical ransom note's by far the easiest to make sense of. Its got to do with where it was placed, and not what it said. It would act as a tripwire for parents searching the house for their child missing from their bed, while the perp was still in the basement. Remember the RN is long-winded (you just said that) and strongly suggests to the R's not to call the police. After reading the note, anyone in their right mind wouldn't call police, right? Of course anyone whose child was kidnapped aren't going to be in thier right mind, are they.

If the person who killed JonBenet had wanted to kidnap her, for ransom or something more nefarious, he would have done so as soon as he got the chance and gone to the safe place he had set up to assault her. He would not bothered to hang around and risk being found out by assaulting and bludgeoning and strangling her. he had all the time in the world to that in private once he got her out of her parents' house.

It was never meant to be a kidnapping, or she would have been taken from the house as soon it was possible to get her out. That's how kidnappers operate. They're aware of risks and don't take unnecessary chances.

The RN is all a ruse meant to mask the real intention of the murder. Ransom notes don't read like that ridiculously long Ramsey note, adding all of that unimportant garbage about gentleman watching JB and southern common sense. Parents also don't jeopardize their kidnapped child's safety by completely disregarding the dire threats on her life in the RN. IMO, the Rs knew it was bunk from the get-go because they were responsible for that RN.

Holdontoyourhat said:
Its got to do with where it was placed, and not what it said.
But we don't even know where it was placed. Patsy said it was on the back stairs, and she stepped over it and turned around to read it, then left it there and jumped over it to run back up the steps. Most people think Patsy's gymnastics concerning the note are not the truth. Patsy's been caught contradicting herself and lying about other areas of the investigation, why should she be believed when she said the note was on the spiral staircase?

Nuisanceposter said:
If the person who killed JonBenet had wanted to kidnap her, for ransom or something more nefarious, he would have done so as soon as he got the chance and gone to the safe place he had set up to assault her. He would not bothered to hang around and risk being found out by assaulting and bludgeoning and strangling her. he had all the time in the world to that in private once he got her out of her parents' house.
I think the strangling and bludgeoning would've been the 'botched' part of the kidnapping.

The idea here is that someone wanted to kidnap JBR for some reason other than money. And certainly the perp could've had his way with JBR in the basement, but apparently didn't.

Its like a kidnapping from a nursery, or like a kidnapping for a slave. A longer-term kidnapping maybe.

If the intention was to kidnap her, for whatever reason, the kidnapper would have grabbed her as soon as he thought he had a shot and taken her out of the house immediately.

Holdontoyourhat said:
Its a different question, aside from the obvious fact JBR was murdered.

I would say it was not for money, despite the ransom note. As pointed out many times, the ransom amount seems too small for JR. It also seems to me a real ransom kidnapper would've cared more about the condition of the bills, circulated, unmarked, etc. and would've said so in the long note.

JBR had injuries, but it seems not to the extent a sexual assault was the main intent on the part of the perp.

Maybe the actual intent for an intruder perp was to kidnap JBR alive, but not for ransom.

Holdontoyourhat,

There are three main motives behind the kidnapping of a child, one is revenge, 2nd is economic, and 3rd is sexual.

Only the second requires a ransom note, the other two require the removal of the victim.

Since the ransom note is staging regardless of who wrote it, even by an intruder, then its true purpose was not to extort a ransom demand, also the ransom note author never followed through on any of the demands or threats issued, so its safe to assume its fake!

A resident of the Ramsey household authored that note, it has a purpose distinct from its content and context, this makes it staging and as evidence its useless, since for those who consider it genuine are simply misled.

UKGuy said:
Holdontoyourhat,

There are three main motives behind the kidnapping of a child, one is revenge, 2nd is economic, and 3rd is sexual.

Only the second requires a ransom note, the other two require the removal of the victim.

Since the ransom note is staging regardless of who wrote it, even by an intruder, then its true purpose was not to extort a ransom demand, also the ransom note author never followed through on any of the demands or threats issued, so its safe to assume its fake!

A resident of the Ramsey household authored that note, it has a purpose distinct from its content and context, this makes it staging and as evidence its useless, since for those who consider it genuine are simply misled.

Keeping in mind that from my POV, this suspects people with no rap sheet for a crime that is spewing forth criminality.

I mean, check the ransom note. You've got kidnapping, extortion, conspiracy, crossing state and international borders to do it. You've even got mass-murder!

Check the basement. Assaulted, headbashed and strangled child.

It doesn't get much more criminal than this, really.

Its like there was this heinous crime, and the best suspects are Ozzie and Harriet? Really?

"There are three main motives behind the kidnapping of a child, one is revenge, 2nd is economic, and 3rd is sexual."

There is at least one missing, perhaps the most common one too.

holdontoyourhat said:
I mean, check the ransom note. You've got kidnapping, extortion, conspiracy, crossing state and international borders to do it. You've even got mass-murder!
Yeah, it was a jumbled-up mess - indicative of amatuers who are unfamiliar with real crime and had no idea what a crime scene or RN should look like, and threw everything in to make sure something worked. FBI agent Ron Walker saw that right away.

The Ramseys are nowhere near Ozzie and Harriet. That's just the image they've worked at portraying, even hiring a PR firm within days of JB's murder to help it along. No offense, but things are not what they appear to be in this case, like the RN and the Rs reputation.

I'll bite - what's the missing and most common motive for kidnapping?

This is a fake kidnapping/ransom note...to explain why their 6-year-old is dead in the home.

There is no way the Ramseys were going to get rid of their precious daughters body....so they place her in the basement. She was wrapped in her blanket and her favorite nightgown was near her body.

This so-called "foreign faction" would not kidnap the daughter...they go for the son.

Holdontoyourhat said:
Keeping in mind that from my POV, this suspects people with no rap sheet for a crime that is spewing forth criminality.

It doesn't get much more criminal than this, really.

Its like there was this heinous crime, and the best suspects are Ozzie and Harriet? Really?

"There are three main motives behind the kidnapping of a child, one is revenge, 2nd is economic, and 3rd is sexual."

There is at least one missing, perhaps the most common one too.

Holdontoyourhat,

OK I checked the ransom note, then I checked the basement, also I noted the ransom note was written on Ramsey paper, with a Ramsey pen.

So what connects 1. with 2. ?

The ransom note author never followed through on the threats or demands, JonBenet was also left on the premises, so why leave a ransom note with incriminating hand writing, whats all that about?

UKGuy said:
Holdontoyourhat,

OK I checked the ransom note, then I checked the basement, also I noted the ransom note was written on Ramsey paper, with a Ramsey pen.

So what connects 1. with 2. ?
Uh, criminality. When you remove the criminality of 1 and 2, all you have left is the criminal equivalent of Ozzie and Harriet. In our search for suspects, maybe we should move up the criminality ladder a little, and suspect the nearest jaywalker instead.

Nuisanceposter said:
Yeah, it was a jumbled-up mess - indicative of amatuers who are unfamiliar with real crime and had no idea what a crime scene or RN should look like, and threw everything in to make sure something worked. FBI agent Ron Walker saw that right away.

The Ramseys are nowhere near Ozzie and Harriet. That's just the image they've worked at portraying, even hiring a PR firm within days of JB's murder to help it along. No offense, but things are not what they appear to be in this case, like the RN and the Rs reputation.

I'll bite - what's the missing and most common motive for kidnapping?
I don't know. One that could be the most common, though, is child kidnapping by a family member. This type of kidnapping isn't for revenge, money, or sex. I suppose the kidnapper might think its 'vigilante justice.'

Holdontoyourhat said:
I don't know. One that could be the most common, though, is child kidnapping by a family member. This type of kidnapping isn't for revenge, money, or sex. I suppose the kidnapper might think its 'vigilante justice.'

HOTYH...vigilante justice??? Come on...you can't keep throwing $118,000 theories, explanations around if you want people to take you seriously.

You always have an answer for everything BUT don't get insulted because I do have an open mind but my friend you are grasping at straws.

Nuisanceposter said:
is he the one that was on court tv,and said,(when he first read the note) "oh no,you're going to be finding her body!",b/f they even found it?

Holdontoyourhat said:
The non-sensical ransom note's by far the easiest to make sense of.
IMO,I agree,but for a different reason.I think PR wrote it to divert suspicion,knowing JB's body would be found in the basement.

Its got to do with where it was placed, and not what it said.
that's not my belief,but you're entitled to yours.I think they threw in a lot of different things to cast suspicion on more than one person.

It would act as a tripwire for parents searching the house for their child missing from their bed, while the perp was still in the basement.

but..they might search the basement at that time, too....it doesn't sound very foolproof.

Remember the RN is long-winded (you just said that) and strongly suggests to the R's not to call the police. After reading the note, anyone in their right mind wouldn't call police, right?

they would if they wanted to appear innocent

Of course anyone whose child was kidnapped aren't going to be in thier right mind, are they.
nor would anyone's who's responsible for the death of their own child.

Exactly! NP is right: this criminal didn't what the heck they were.

Ozzie and Harriet?! Give me a break! Ozzie and Harriet weren't even Ozzie and Harriet! That's rich.

is he the one that was on court tv,and said,(when he first read the note) "oh no,you're going to be finding her body!",b/f they even found it?

The very same.

Toltec said:
HOTYH...vigilante justice??? Come on...you can't keep throwing $118,000 theories, explanations around if you want people to take you seriously.

You always have an answer for everything BUT don't get insulted because I do have an open mind but my friend you are grasping at straws.
The vigilante justice thing may or may not apply to JBR, but is probably behind most familial kidnappings. Somebody who knows the law is not on their side, but who feels entitled to ownership or guardianship over a child. Vigilante justice.

Nuisanceposter said:
If the intention was to kidnap her, for whatever reason, the kidnapper would have grabbed her as soon as he thought he had a shot and taken her out of the house immediately.
How?

Struggling? Unconscious?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie