MI - Matthew Cook & Sara Engel for rape of 10yo girl, Wayland, 2007

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6204809

A woman at Matthew Cook's home in Wayland (MI) wouldn't talk.
But records 24 Hour News 8 found in a Wyoming courtroom speak volumes about a disturbing plan to lure, kidnap and rape a young girl.

Matthew Cook, the former Wayland part-time fire fighter charged with downloading child *advertiser censored* on a fire department computer in 2004, allegedly asked a Grand Rapids prostitute for help with his plan.

But that would-be accomplice turned witness, calling police and helping them obtain a recorded phone conversation in which Cook allegedly outlines his plan.

and

...investigators say Cook has admitted to making the call recorded by police with the help of the prostitute.
Whether he would have gone ahead with the plan, perhaps only he knows. But investigators are happy they got to him before he had the chance. They credit the witness for coming forward.

"She did the right thing," Hertel said. "She had been in contact with the individual and thought this could possibly lead to something very drastic for some child out there and she did the right thing."

more at link

No specific target- just a girl between the ages of 9-14. Already under probation for the 2004, and being investigated for downloading child *advertiser censored* on a library computer- a possible violation.
And he thought that just because the woman was in the sex trade that she wouldn't mind being involved in the abuse of a child didn't he?

From

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ssf?/base/news-35/117397000379770.xml&coll=6

Former Wayland (MI) firefighter Matthew Cook, accused in a plot to hire a prostitute to rape a young girl, already committed the same crime with the help of his girlfriend, police now believe.
The prostitute thwarted Cook by contacting police, but Cook's girlfriend has confessed to helping him rape a 10-year-old girl, police said.

The girlfriend, Sara Engel, told police "she made arrangements for (a girl) to be raped by Cook" and said "she was in bed with (the girl) and Matthew during the assault," Assistant Allegan County Prosecutor Emily Hills wrote.

much, much more at link (may need to enter a zip code to access the link)

From this link http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ssf?/base/news-35/117411488676180.xml&coll=6

Two young children of a couple who prosecutors say targeted kids for sexual purposes have been officially removed from their former home.
Sara Engel, a 25-year-old mother of a 2-year-old and a 9-month-old, is charged with three counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct for allegedly helping her boyfriend rape a 10-year-old girl.
The children's father, 27-year-old Matthew Cook, is charged in Wyoming (MI) with trying to hire a prostitute to lure children to his car to rape. Allegan (MI) prosecutors say he will be charged there and for the assault. Cook previously was convicted on child *advertiser censored* charges.
"She is a danger to children in every way, shape or form," Allegan County Assistant Prosecutor Julie Nakfoor said of Engel in a Probate Court hearing Friday. "I think she is a danger to society as well."
Cook was notified of the hearing, but did not show up.
Nakfoor said there is evidence the couple's children suffered, as well. There are photos of Engel in explicit poses in front of the children, and the youngest child was in the same bed while another child allegedly was being molested, she said.

more at link (you might need to enter a zip code to access it)

6260979_BG1.jpg
6260979_BG2.jpg

Matthew Cook----------------Sara Engel
http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6260979&nav=0Rce
Like I said, our species has gone to hell.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ssf?/base/news-37/11840752487310.xml&coll=6

GRAND RAPIDS [MI] -- Former Wayland firefighter Matthew Cook pleaded guilty Monday to felony child sex-related charges in Kent County Circuit Court, and authorities say a more serious charge is pending in Allegan County. Cook was facing a charge of first-degree criminal sexual conduct, but that charge will be dropped after he pleaded guilty to solicitation of first-degree sexual assault of a child younger than 13, and trying to commit gross indecency with a prostitute and a "12-year-old Jane Doe." Both are five-year felonies. He is also charged with being a sexually delinquent person, which carries a penalty of up to life in prison. Cook tried to get a Grand Rapids area prostitute to lure a girl between 9 and 12 into a vehicle and restrain her while he raped the girl and forced her to perform sex acts on him. In Allegan County, authorities say they plan to charge Cook with the rape of a young girl.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ssf?/base/news-37/11840752487310.xml&coll=6

GRAND RAPIDS [MI] -- Former Wayland firefighter Matthew Cook pleaded guilty Monday to felony child sex-related charges in Kent County Circuit Court, and authorities say a more serious charge is pending in Allegan County. Cook was facing a charge of first-degree criminal sexual conduct, but that charge will be dropped after he pleaded guilty to solicitation of first-degree sexual assault of a child younger than 13, and trying to commit gross indecency with a prostitute and a "12-year-old Jane Doe." Both are five-year felonies. He is also charged with being a sexually delinquent person, which carries a penalty of up to life in prison. Cook tried to get a Grand Rapids area prostitute to lure a girl between 9 and 12 into a vehicle and restrain her while he raped the girl and forced her to perform sex acts on him. In Allegan County, authorities say they plan to charge Cook with the rape of a young girl.

What is wrong with this picture??? 5 Years? :bang: I wonder why they dropped the first-degree criminal sexual conduct charge? It doesn't sound like they should have to plead this guy down much.

Thank God they can charge him with being a sexually delinquint person (which sounds a little "loose" to me, legally) or he'd be out in no time at all!!!!

What about the rape of the 10yo???

I don't get the legal system in some of these cases.

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Like I said in another thread yesterday, the evil and depravity of those that walk among us scares the hell out of me. I hope both of these so called humans rot in the depths of hell. :furious:

Reactions: abr
They sound like a small-time Karla Homolka and husband (his name escapes me right now). No telling what lengths they would have gone to to get their kicks if they had not been caught. :furious: :furious: Rot in hell you sick people. :furious:

I have a gut feeling that this cook pig is a hardened child murderer in the making. I wouldn't doubt if once he gets out he begins to rape and murder children. This is just my opinion, but I just wouldn't doubt it at all. I think our laws for such scums should be much, much tougher. I think scum like him should be sentenced to no less than life without the possibility of parole. Boy, am I getting sick of hearing about scum like this who set out to destroy innocent children's lives.

Lion

What kind of sicko can lay in bed while her boyfriend rapes a 10yo right next to her?

No offence, but what's is the world coming to that out of three people -- a former fire fighter, a young mother, and a prostitute -- the prostitute is the only one not morally deprived?

Yeah, no kidding, a lot of women who work as hookers were sexually abused as children.

I would say this women has ethics, knows the difference between right and wrong and has morals to ensure that no harm comes to a defenseless and innocent child.

She also knows the word consensual

I am glad that her actions ensured that this man and his wife are behind bars and that children in their city are safe from this, along with their own children.

I have a gut feeling that this cook pig is a hardened child murderer in the making. I wouldn't doubt if once he gets out he begins to rape and murder children. This is just my opinion, but I just wouldn't doubt it at all. I think our laws for such scums should be much, much tougher. I think scum like him should be sentenced to no less than life without the possibility of parole. Boy, am I getting sick of hearing about scum like this who set out to destroy innocent children's lives.

Lion

Hopefully while in prison, other inmates will show him the errors of his ways. :D He should get a good education about how others feel about child abuse/rape being in general population.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back