1421 users online (315 members and 1106 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

NY - Attack on NYC Woman, 101, Caught on Tape

NEW YORK (AP) -- For a moment, the man in the grainy video looks like a good Samaritan holding the door open for an elderly neighbor. Then he turns and delivers three sharp punches to the 101-year-old woman's head.

"The next thing I knew, I had a big bang on the side of my face," said Rose Morat, who suffered a fractured cheekbone and lost her purse and $33 to the mugger.

The attack was captured by a surveillance camera in the lobby of her Queens apartment building last Sunday.

"I'm quite sure that if it had happened when I was younger, I would have been after him," she said. "I'm a very strong woman. I've been that way my whole life.
    "http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/ELDERLY_ROBBED?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

I hope they catch the guy who did this. How could anyone do such a horrible thing to a lady that old? I'm glad that he didn't kill her and that she didn't have all of her money with her....or maybe she did. It's a terrible thing though and this attacker deserves to spend a long time in jail.

Good Lord! What sort of cowardly loser punches a 101 year old woman in the face? This sounds like a tough old broad - he's lucky she wasn't 91 - she might have kicked his a$$!
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

I saw this video on the news it made me really angry UNREAL!!!!!

I saw this on the news as well and the footage is really disturbing......bless the old lady.....lets hope they catch this scum real soon

I think they should put a great big REWARD on his head. Wanted dead or alive.

A local radio guy here in Austin, made the best comment I've heard about this incident. He said, "Here's where we say, 'Bang, bang, stop, stop.'" 'Nuff said.
    "Religions are like swimming pools, most of the noise comes from the shallow end." -Bishop Shelby Spong

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha
    A local radio guy here in Austin, made the best comment I've heard about this incident. He said, "Here's where we say, 'Bang, bang, stop, stop.'" 'Nuff said.
    I love it!

People like this "man" don't even deserve to breath!

That's very good!!!

If only

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    I heard someone on MSNBC say that a bunch of the cameramen there were saying all they needed was five minutes alone with this guy in a room. I have a feeling he could have taken her money without the violence. It's not as if she could have put up a terrible struggle. What a shameful, waste of a human being!

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine
    I heard someone on MSNBC say that a bunch of the cameramen there were saying all they needed was five minutes alone with this guy in a room. I have a feeling he could have taken her money without the violence. It's not as if she could have put up a terrible struggle. What a shameful, waste of a human being!
    Another TH said, "It took three punches to knock down a 101-year old woman. How's that going to work for you in prison."

Another good point.
    "Religions are like swimming pools, most of the noise comes from the shallow end." -Bishop Shelby Spong

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom
    Good Lord! What sort of cowardly loser punches a 101 year old woman in the face? This sounds like a tough old broad - he's lucky she wasn't 91 - she might have kicked his a$$!
    By the way, I love your tagline. "We don't see the world the way IT is, we see it the way WE are."