Bizarre Double Suicide Attempt

southcitymom

Reaction score
Website
www.janicefahy.com
Men survive gruesome suicide attempt

Published on: 03/09/07
Two Atlanta men survived an attempt to kill themselves Friday by cutting off their arms with a circular saw, according to Atlanta Police Major Lane Hagin.

The men managed to sever three of their arms about six inches above the wrist, he said.

The two men — ages 40 and 41 — left a suicide note with the manager of their Atlanta apartment building saying they were committing suicide because their business had failed and they were recently diagnosed with HIV, Hagin said.

After reading the note, the manager called police who found the two men in their apartment with "a lot of blood," the major said.

Their names were not released. Police spokesman Steve Coleman said both were in stable condition at Grady Memorial Hospital late Friday and will undergo psychiatric evaluation.

No charges will be filed in the incident, police said

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/atlanta/stories/2007/03/09/0309suicide.html?imw=Y

This just confuses me. Why would anyone who wanted to die do this?

Beats me South.....you would think they could come up with something a little less messy:eek:

That's what I thought- there's gotta be an easier way than that lol, geez why would they cut their arms off? - just take an overdose and be done with it.

narlacat said:
That's what I thought- there's gotta be an easier way than that lol, geez why would they cut their arms off? - just take an overdose and be done with it.
Well exactly - I mean there must by a psych issue going on bigtime...I guess we can at least be glad they didn't take out any others.

southcitymom said:
Men survive gruesome suicide attempt

Published on: 03/09/07
Two Atlanta men survived an attempt to kill themselves Friday by cutting off their arms with a circular saw, according to Atlanta Police Major Lane Hagin.

The men managed to sever three of their arms about six inches above the wrist, he said.

The two men — ages 40 and 41 — left a suicide note with the manager of their Atlanta apartment building saying they were committing suicide because their business had failed and they were recently diagnosed with HIV, Hagin said.

After reading the note, the manager called police who found the two men in their apartment with "a lot of blood," the major said.

Their names were not released. Police spokesman Steve Coleman said both were in stable condition at Grady Memorial Hospital late Friday and will undergo psychiatric evaluation.

No charges will be filed in the incident, police said

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/atlanta/stories/2007/03/09/0309suicide.html?imw=Y

This just confuses me. Why would anyone who wanted to die do this?
Didn't they realize they had no arms left to sever the fourth one? LOL

Sorry, I'm in a silly mood today and this story is too weird.

southcitymom said:
Well exactly - I mean there must by a psych issue going on bigtime...I guess we can at least be glad they didn't take out any others.
Oh definitely, that's not normal killing yourself behaviour lol

Sorry I shouldnt joke about something so serious, they must have been in alot of pain to do something like that to themselves.

csds703 said:

Oh I'm sorry but that cracked me up.

narlacat said:
Oh I'm sorry but that cracked me up.
We should not be joking about this, but it really is such a bizarre way to try and kill yourself.
I hope they get the help they need. Seriously.

They didnt have any concern for other people ..and Im sorry .....but Im having a hard time finding any sympathy for them

csds703 said:

Lol I know this is serious but what a fantastic point!

dingo said:
They didnt have any concern for other people ..and Im sorry .....but Im having a hard time finding any sympathy for them
The fact that they had HIV and chose such a bloody demise shows me that they were pretty angry people.

Thats what I mean csds.....they had no regard for anybody...almost the opposite

csds703 said:

That's exactly what I wondered. They really didn't think this through, did they?

I've read some other bizarre suicide attempts and successes along these lines (including a death by ball point pen - if you can imagine), but usually they are accompanied by statements that the people were hearing voices from God, etc...these guys said they were doing it because of a failed business. Just too weird for words!

I don't wonder how they ran a business into the ground given the profound lack of forethought given to this venture....

Theyre certainly not the sharpest tools in the shed

Geeze!!! what an odd way to attempt suicide. I wonder why they chose that rather than a more "mainstream" attempt.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unimog
Back