902 users online (144 members and 758 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Comedian shoots himself....

Quote Originally Posted by michelle
    I think he was the one who made an extremely offensive "joke" about Catholic priests on TV that bombed on the show but I never watched him again afterwards. Maybe his career went downhill from there. He used to be funny, anyways. Prayers for his family and friends.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

I am sorry for the lost to his family but I really don't know who he is.

Holy camoly! I LOVED Richard Jeni. I've watched a big steaming pile of me tons of times. It never got old. And yes, I'm Catholic, but he did not offend me. I thought he was Catholic too. He was one of the few comedians who could make me laugh so hard I'd cry.

What a loss.

Truly shocked--We saw Jeni at the comedy clubs many times about 15 years ago--We laughed our azzes off--He also did several cable specials--He was a New York comic--but haven't seen anything from him in like, ten years--Very sad--Comedians sometimes don't always have happy lives

Hi Peter, It's probably because of that old oximoron. A plumber will have leaks in his house, a Realtor will live in a rental, a paintor always has some painting to finish in his house, the cleaning lady's house is so bad she hasn't washed clothes for weeks, etc. Scandi

Photo of Richard Jeni

Quote Originally Posted by scandi
    Hi Peter, It's probably because of that old oximoron. A plumber will have leaks in his house, a Realtor will live in a rental, a paintor always has some painting to finish in his house, the cleaning lady's house is so bad she hasn't washed clothes for weeks, etc. Scandi
    --Yeah--could be,but i just saw a recent photo of Jeni taken with Chris Rock and Jeni looked awful--perhaps drugs are involved--There has to be more to this story

i just read this a few minutes ago...i had forgotten he was in the movie The Mask with Jim Carrey....the article i read earlier had the same picture that you're talking about, Peter....big change

This is sad I loved him in The Mask. Hubby and I go to the Improv a lot and I'm just wondering if we ever saw him there... Hard to remember since we go so often.. I wonder what prompted him to do this

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

How sad. He was a grea comedian. Says on Wiki that he may have had a terminal illness -

On March 10, 2007, Jeni was found by his girlfriend with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the facial area[4] in West Hollywood, California.[5] Police found him alive, but gravely injured when they arrived. He was quickly transported to a local hospital where he died.[6] Suicide has not been officially confirmed by police.[6] It has been suggested by friend and fellow comic Andy Nulman that Jeni was terminally ill [7], and had recently made "a sizable donation" to charity before committing suicide.

Thanks for the pic N&J- was trying to place him

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    Right in front of his girlfriend? That's messed up.

I feel sorry for him, he must have been very desperate and depressed...
    Just thinkin' out loud....

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby
    Holy camoly! I LOVED Richard Jeni. I've watched a big steaming pile of me tons of times. It never got old. And yes, I'm Catholic, but he did not offend me. I thought he was Catholic too. He was one of the few comedians who could make me laugh so hard I'd cry.

What a loss.

I loved that one too!!!! I'm so sorry that he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dena
    How sad. He was a grea comedian. Says on Wiki that he may have had a terminal illness -

On March 10, 2007, Jeni was found by his girlfriend with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the facial area[4] in West Hollywood, California.[5] Police found him alive, but gravely injured when they arrived. He was quickly transported to a local hospital where he died.[6] Suicide has not been officially confirmed by police.[6] It has been suggested by friend and fellow comic Andy Nulman that Jeni was terminally ill [7], and had recently made "a sizable donation" to charity before committing suicide.
    --Well,that's a real tragedy if he indeed had a terminal illness at age 49--I remember Andy kaufman was only 35 when he died of cancer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast