Comedian shoots himself....

Holy camoly! I LOVED Richard Jeni. I've watched a big steaming pile of me tons of times. It never got old. And yes, I'm Catholic, but he did not offend me. I thought he was Catholic too. He was one of the few comedians who could make me laugh so hard I'd cry.

What a loss.

Truly shocked--We saw Jeni at the comedy clubs many times about 15 years ago--We laughed our azzes off--He also did several cable specials--He was a New York comic--but haven't seen anything from him in like, ten years--Very sad--Comedians sometimes don't always have happy lives

Hi Peter, It's probably because of that old oximoron. A plumber will have leaks in his house, a Realtor will live in a rental, a paintor always has some painting to finish in his house, the cleaning lady's house is so bad she hasn't washed clothes for weeks, etc. :p Scandi

300px-Jeni.jpg

scandi said:
Hi Peter, It's probably because of that old oximoron. A plumber will have leaks in his house, a Realtor will live in a rental, a paintor always has some painting to finish in his house, the cleaning lady's house is so bad she hasn't washed clothes for weeks, etc. :p Scandi
--Yeah--could be,but i just saw a recent photo of Jeni taken with Chris Rock and Jeni looked awful--perhaps drugs are involved--There has to be more to this story

i just read this a few minutes ago...i had forgotten he was in the movie The Mask with Jim Carrey....the article i read earlier had the same picture that you're talking about, Peter....big change

This is sad :( I loved him in The Mask. Hubby and I go to the Improv a lot and I'm just wondering if we ever saw him there... Hard to remember since we go so often.. :( I wonder what prompted him to do this :(

How sad. He was a grea comedian. Says on Wiki that he may have had a terminal illness -

On March 10, 2007, Jeni was found by his girlfriend with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the facial area[4] in West Hollywood, California.[5] Police found him alive, but gravely injured when they arrived. He was quickly transported to a local hospital where he died.[6] Suicide has not been officially confirmed by police.[6] It has been suggested by friend and fellow comic Andy Nulman that Jeni was terminally ill [7], and had recently made "a sizable donation" to charity before committing suicide.

Right in front of his girlfriend? That's messed up.

I feel sorry for him, he must have been very desperate and depressed...

Cubby said:
Holy camoly! I LOVED Richard Jeni. I've watched a big steaming pile of me tons of times. It never got old. And yes, I'm Catholic, but he did not offend me. I thought he was Catholic too. He was one of the few comedians who could make me laugh so hard I'd cry.

What a loss.

I loved that one too!!!! I'm so sorry that he's gone. :( :( :(

Dena said:
How sad. He was a grea comedian. Says on Wiki that he may have had a terminal illness -

On March 10, 2007, Jeni was found by his girlfriend with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the facial area[4] in West Hollywood, California.[5] Police found him alive, but gravely injured when they arrived. He was quickly transported to a local hospital where he died.[6] Suicide has not been officially confirmed by police.[6] It has been suggested by friend and fellow comic Andy Nulman that Jeni was terminally ill [7], and had recently made "a sizable donation" to charity before committing suicide.
--Well,that's a real tragedy if he indeed had a terminal illness at age 49--I remember Andy kaufman was only 35 when he died of cancer

Peter Hamilton said:
--Well,that's a real tragedy if he indeed had a terminal illness at age 49--I remember Andy kaufman was only 35 when he died of cancer
Its very sad.

rayray said:
Richard Jeni's family doesn't need to wait for the coroner's report.

The comic, in the throws of severe clinical depression that was "coupled with bouts of psychotic paranoia," committed suicide, the family said Tuesday.

So much for the "terminal illness" theory. That is very, very sad.

And if one already has a tendency toward paranoia, there's no biz like show biz to encourage it.

That's a real shame--had no idea he suffered from clinical depression and bouts of paranoia--too bad there was no medication that helped him enough--

scandi said:
It's always struck me as more of a "laughter is the best medicine" thing... or maybe, "I laugh so I don't cry" is a better way to put it. It's a good defense mechanism, and helps to get some of your power back.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back