1067 users online (211 members and 856 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56
  1. #1

    Lawyers for Fox News

    Three lawyers for Fox News in New York, Jason Conti, Dori Ann Hainswirth and Trina Hunn have applied for pro hac vice status in Georgia for this case. They have all designated Judson Graves of Alston& Bird, LLP as their local Atlanta attorney.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,064
    Quote Originally Posted by candy
    Three lawyers for Fox News in New York, Jason Conti, Dori Ann Hainswirth and Trina Hunn have applied for pro hac vice status in Georgia for this case. They have all designated Judson Graves of Alston& Bird, LLP as their local Atlanta attorney.

    Candy, can you put that in layman terms for us lawyer unsavvy folks, and what this means? Thanks....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,199
    I think it means that Fox isn't planning to weenie out and settle.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy
    I think it means that Fox isn't planning to weenie out and settle.

    I hope you are right Ivy, but I have the feeling that Fox will settle. It would be wonderful though if Fox stood up against the Ramsey's and their sleeze ball attorney.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Imon128
    Candy, can you put that in layman terms for us lawyer unsavvy folks, and what this means? Thanks....
    It means "for the occasion" as in they want to be allowed to represent FOX in this case even though they aren't admitted to the Georgia bar.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Don't mess with Texas
    Posts
    297

    Talking Battle it out

    Quote Originally Posted by tipper
    It means "for the occasion" as in they want to be allowed to represent FOX in this case even though they aren't admitted to the Georgia bar.

    I hope they battle til the end-------- I don't cares who wins ....
    Just my opinion

  7. #7
    Those three lawyers I mentioned from Fox News in New York are actually the defendants in this case. They are lawyers for Fox News and have asked for legal standing in Georgia, to fight this case and have retained local counsel in Atlanta as is necessary when you are applying pro hac vice.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by candy
    Three lawyers for Fox News in New York, Jason Conti, Dori Ann Hainswirth and Trina Hunn have applied for pro hac vice status in Georgia for this case. They have all designated Judson Graves of Alston& Bird, LLP as their local Atlanta attorney.
    candy: Thanks for the info but why is this info relevant(URL/info Help please +?)? ... THANK YOU!!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Paducah, KY
    Posts
    13,815
    Those three lawyers are the defendants? Please explain.

    The suit filing defines the defendant as:

    Defendant Fox News Network, LLC, doing business as Fox News Channel (hereinafter "Fox News") is a corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of Delaware with its principal place of business being located at 1211 Avenue of the Americas, New York, New York 10036.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,599
    Quote Originally Posted by LovelyPigeon
    Those three lawyers are the defendants? Please explain.

    The suit filing defines the defendant as:

    Defendant Fox News Network, LLC, doing business as Fox News Channel (hereinafter "Fox News") is a corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of Delaware with its principal place of business being located at 1211 Avenue of the Americas, New York, New York 10036.

    I took it to mean they are defending Fox News in this case.

    IMO


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Paducah, KY
    Posts
    13,815
    That's what I thought they were, too, Nehemiah, but candy's post seems to indicate they are defendants rather than lawyers representing the defendant. That's why I posed the question.

  12. #12
    Judge Thrash approved pro hac vice status in this lawsuit for Fox lawyers Jason Conti, Dori Ann Hainswirth and Trina Hunn.

    Sorry LP, I misspoke. These lawyers represent the defendant, Fox News in New York. They are not personally defendants, but lawyers.

  13. #13

    Question Candy,

    What exactly did FOX News do that is in need of defense? Do the Ramseys claim FOX news killed JonBenet or is this for Burke's retirement fund?


    Were those lawyers hired special for the case or were they already employees of FOX.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by popcorn
    What exactly did FOX News do that is in need of defense? Do the Ramseys claim FOX news killed JonBenet or is this for Burke's retirement fund?

    Lin Wood, in behalf of John, Patsy, and Burke Ramsey, filed a $16 million defamation lawsuit against Fox News network on December 23, 2003 because a Fox reporter said "There has never been any evidence to link an intruder to JonBenet's brutal murder".

    http://people.aol.com/people/news/no...567981,00.html

    JMO

  15. #15
    The Fox News reporter who made that statement, Carol McKinley, has a history of covering the Ramseys, i.e. she got them to agree to an interview after they moved to Atlanta and said she was going to ask them tough questions. It turned out to be a "Love in." I don't know why, but IMO McKinley wimped out.

    Also, I believe there is plenty of evidence to indicate that an intruder murdered JBR, so in that case, the statement she made is incorrect. The Ramseys and their attorney (who never loses a case, the defendants always wisely settle) believe it to have been slander.

    All in IMO, of course.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast