1157 users online (218 members and 939 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NJ - Nicholas Zizzamia, 22, Cherry Hill, 12 May 1979

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1616dmnj.html

Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: October 30, 1956
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 22 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'11"; 290 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; brown eyes. Olive complexion.

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Zizzamia was last seen leaving his parents home in Cherry Hill, New Jersey on May 12, 1979.
    He said he was going to pick up his graduation tickets from Villanova University for his upcoming graduation ceremony which was to occur on May 14, 1979. While his parents attended the graduation ceremony Nicholas failed to show up.
    Nicholas was operating his fathers car which was found parked and locked behind the business his father worked at in Cherry Hill, New Jersey on May 15,1979. Nicholas has not been seen or heard from since
    Last edited by KateB; 04-15-2015 at 07:39 PM. Reason: repair photo link.

Doesnt his disappearance have to do with his fathers business dealings?

My question is what was his fathers business? I grew up in Cherry Hill and was born around the same time of his disappearance. I remember as a child a rash of abductions or possible abductions in my area, but CH is an affluant town where crimes usually don't happen. Anyone know what his dad's business was?

Auramyst is offline One should look for what is, not for what one thinks should be ~Albert Einstein

Bump

Bumping for Nicholas
    All posts are my opinion

i sorta remember this. i believe his father owned a car dealership or perhaps antique cars. can't quite remember fully.
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

Intlius is showing a Nick Zizzamie in Williamstown NJ; same age. What are the chances it's him?

35 years later, still no answers on a disappearance
    The Pontiac was found the following day, parked behind his father's popular barbershop, the Golden Razor, at 10 Grove St. in Cherry Hill.

The car, which was locked, held no signs of foul play or clues as to where Zizzamia might have gone or why. Investigators were unable to determine where the phone call had originated.

In the 35 years since, no sightings have been reported, no body has been recovered, and no evidence has emerged that Zizzamia's Social Security number, driver's license, or Amoco gasoline credit card was used again.

"It's like he fell off the face of the earth," says Cherry Hill Police Detective Paul Hafner, who reviews the case annually. "It's baffling."

Zizzamia may have wanted it that way.

I live a few minutes away from Cherry Hill and have always found it frustrating there is not more info on this case.

Wow, just read the article and it had a lot of info I did not know. Definitely sounds like it could have been suicide or disappearing to start a new life. I feel so sad for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin83 View Post
    I live a few minutes away from Cherry Hill and have always found it frustrating there is not more info on this case.

Wow, just read the article and it had a lot of info I did not know. Definitely sounds like it could have been suicide or disappearing to start a new life. I feel so sad for him.
    That's why I wondered if it is him in Williamstown. Wonder if they've run his social lately. Also possible he has a different SS number

Does anyone think this John Doe could be Nicholas Zizzamia?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2388umin.html

Suicide, one week after Zizzamia disappeared. Richmond, IN is about 8-10 hours from Cherry Hill by car. (Thanks Google Maps)

VikingBookLady

That one looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
    Intlius is showing a Nick Zizzamie in Williamstown NJ; same age. What are the chances it's him?
    That person comes up as 47, but NPZ's birthday is October 30, 1956, which would have made him 58... he must come from a huge Italian family, because I found 2 other Nicholas Zizzamia's but they're all different ages... one is 40 and the other one comes up at 90 (this Nick Zizzamia, died at 87, which could have been his grandfather)

also when i did a search on Spokeo, a whole bunch of names popped up in towns near Cherry Hill... http://www.spokeo.com/search?q=nicho...mia#New+Jersey
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 11-04-2014 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Fixed broken quote box

Quote Originally Posted by annoulzz View Post
    That person comes up as 47, but NPZ's birthday is October 30, 1956, which would have made him 58... he must come from a huge Italian family, because I found 2 other Nicholas Zizzamia's but they're all different ages... one is 40 and the other one comes up at 90 (this Nick Zizzamia, died at 87, which could have been his grandfather)

also when i did a search on Spokeo, a whole bunch of names popped up in towns near Cherry Hill... http://www.spokeo.com/search?q=nicho...mia#New+Jersey
    No clue what I was thinking; my hub's born in 57 lol

Quote Originally Posted by VikingBookLady View Post

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2388umin.html

Suicide, one week after Zizzamia disappeared. Richmond, IN is about 8-10 hours from Cherry Hill by car. (Thanks Google Maps)

VikingBookLady
    This has got to be Nick. Please send in the tip!

Okay, there's obviously a chance it isn't him- but wow. If it is, I can't believe it took over 30 years for this connection to be made. Great find, VBL!

I submitted this.

Thanks, everyone, for your encouragement!

VikingBookLady

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast