IN - Kevin Chandler for stabbing infant son, Speedway, 2007

lymom3

Reaction score
I have no words for how upset this makes me.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/15/toddler.knife.ap/index.html

INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana (AP) -- A man stabbed his 11-month-old son in the back, threw the boy out the car window with the kitchen knife stuck in his back and then drove away, police said Thursday.

His 5-year-old son managed to escape unharmed.

Ok this is such a sick story and I hope they find this pathetic excuse for a father and he never again sees the light of day! There's a nother issue here IMO and that is, Why in the world did the mother ever choose him to be a sperm donor???? He was charged back in 2005 with battery on her!!! So this little innocent baby was brought into the world after he'd already showed her what he was made of. It just boggles my mind that a mother would intentionally bring a little one into the world to have a father like this, this baby did not have a chance against such abuse! VB

What an awful story!!! Prayers for the little angels recovery. I am glad that the other son made it unharmed. I hope they find this guy soon, if he would do this to his own son, I can't imagine what he is capable of.

What a horrible thing to do to your own baby. The world is going mad. I'm so serious. Every day a parent is doing horrible things to their children...older children are murdering their parents. I believe this is all in the bible and it is called "the end times." It's worse then I've ever seen if in my 63 years and I've seen and heard a lot but our world is in the sewer. Crime has taken over the world and the sentences these people get aren't near long enough. They get out of prison after they have done one third of their sentence or they get a good plea deal and add good behavior to that. Mabye if the courts would get serious about the time equaling the crime we would see less of this horror.

I hope that little baby survives and I'm so glad that the 5 yr old got away in time. Were the mom and dad still together? If not, why did this creep have his boys...did he take them from the mom?

I'm not going to say anything about the mom staying with the dad after the other incident except to say that she was obviously a battered wife. The explaination lies behind the battered women syndrome.

Taximom said:
We seriously need a "sobbing" emoticon here.

cry11.gif
cry20.gif
cry31.gif

This is just so horrible! How can anyone do such a thing? And the poor little baby was still alive after all that!

I don't get it. I just don't get it. :(

I seriously hope that the mother is investigated and the boys end up in safe homes. This guy was also previously charged with drugs, auto theft, and carrying a fire arm. He was a criminal before ever hurting the child and no telling what all else he has done and the mother was still allowing him around the kids.

INDIANAPOLIS -- A man who was found guilty of attempted murder in the March stabbing of his infant son was sentenced Friday to 40 years in prison.

Kevin Chandler, 30, also was convicted of felony battery and aggravated battery charges this month in the attack on his then-11-month-old son, Devon.
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/13971629/detail.html

I remember this case. It's posted here somewhere. I'm glad the 'father' was convicted of attempted murder (instead of 'just' child abuse). I hate these parents who harm their own children just to hurt the other parent!

And it's so lucky that little Devon survived!

Im so glad they showed some justice to that poor little baby.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/13971629/detail.html

INDIANAPOLIS -- A man who was found guilty of attempted murder in the March stabbing of his infant son was sentenced Friday to 40 years in prison.

Kevin Chandler, 30, also was convicted of felony battery and aggravated battery charges this month in the attack on his then-11-month-old son, Devon.

~more at link~

How could anyone do something so insane!!! The Good Lord was watching over that baby. You're right Taximom...this is one to cry over.

What a horrible thing to do to your own baby. The world is going mad. I'm so serious. Every day a parent is doing horrible things to their children...older children are murdering their parents. I believe this is all in the bible and it is called "the end times." It's worse then I've ever seen if in my 63 years and I've seen and heard a lot but our world is in the sewer. Crime has taken over the world and the sentences these people get aren't near long enough. They get out of prison after they have done one third of their sentence or they get a good plea deal and add good behavior to that. Mabye if the courts would get serious about the time equaling the crime we would see less of this horror.

I hope that little baby survives and I'm so glad that the 5 yr old got away in time. Were the mom and dad still together? If not, why did this creep have his boys...did he take them from the mom?

I'm not going to say anything about the mom staying with the dad after the other incident except to say that she was obviously a battered wife. The explaination lies behind the battered women syndrome.

I don't think anybody could justify putting their children in danger, regardless of being battered. JMO

Kevin Chandler

Housed: Pendleton Correctional Facility
Sentence Date: 08/24/2007

Offense: Attempted Murder
Sentence: 40 years

Projected Release Date: 12/14/2027

Note: I think 20 years is a far cry from 40 years. The early parole system is for the birds. As soon as you walk in the door, they cut your sentence in half. What is the point of sentencing to a certain term, when they are only going to serve half of it?

Priors

Sentence Date: 04/30/2004
Projected Release Date: 11/18/2004

Offense: Firearm within 1 Mile of School Property without a License
Sentence: 1 year 5 months 29 days

Sentence Date: 05/13/2004
Projected Release Date: 02/04/2005

Offense: Possession of Cocaine or Controlled Substance
Sentence: 11 months 23 days

20 years is better then what were seeing elsewhere

Members online

Online statistics