CA CA - Anaheim, WhtFem 62UFCA, 20-30, hit by train, long brown hair, Oct'77

Hello laini. Everything matches so well. I looked at the sketch first, and my first thought was, "How could anyone identify anyone with the sketch. It is so blurry." But, I was surprised to see how similar they look. Also, the conditions under which she left indicate she may have not been mentally stable, and the Doe in AZ committed suicide. The dates work, too.

The only thing I don't understand is that her car was found near Prescott, AZ. Her purse, meds, temporary license, and car keys were there. But, there was no money in the car. The Princess Doe was found in CA. I wonder how that would have worked. Unless, someone took her car around the time she committed suicide. In any case I would submit it, because it could be her. Best to you, laini, and please let us know what happens if you submit the info.

Lion

laini said:
http://doenetwork.org/cases/62ufca.html Jane Doe 1977

http://doenetwork.org/cases/2141dfaz.html Patsy Ann Ravens

Do you think this is the same person?

FWIW and IMO, its not a likely match. i think the distance between Patsy's last seen location and Jane Doe is too great.

Does sounds like Patsy was suicidal, though. might be worth looking into patsy's case a bit more before taking case to LE.

Sunset Point is actually on I-17, and is about half way between Phoenix and Prescott. Sunset Point is a rest stop for I-17. Perhaps she was meeting someone there?

Hello laini. Everything matches so well. I looked at the sketch first, and my first thought was, "How could anyone identify anyone with the sketch. It is so blurry." But, I was surprised to see how similar they look. Also, the conditions under which she left indicate she may have not been mentally stable, and the Doe in AZ committed suicide. The dates work, too.

The only thing I don't understand is that her car was found near Prescott, AZ. Her purse, meds, temporary license, and car keys were there. But, there was no money in the car. The Princess Doe was found in CA. I wonder how that would have worked. Unless, someone took her car around the time she committed suicide. In any case I would submit it, because it could be her. Best to you, laini, and please let us know what happens if you submit the info.

Lion

Sunset Point and Anaheim are about six hours apart. Not that far. I wonder if she met someone at Sunset Point, they went to CA, and then it did not work out for her....

FWIW and IMO, its not a likely match. i think the distance between Patsy's last seen location and Jane Doe is too great.

Does sounds like Patsy was suicidal, though. might be worth looking into patsy's case a bit more before taking case to LE.

Sunset Point is a rest stop and it contains a memorial to recognize the ADOT workers who died due to accidents on the job. I wonder if she knew someone that happened to? What is interesting to me is that there is a large enclave of LDS in the Anaheim area. Raven might have felt called to go on a mission there - since she had just joined the LDS church, this might have felt important to her. Her note indicates that: "God calls me to do his work so I must leave." Women in the LDS church go on missions for 18 months. They are not paid to do this - usually they pay their own way. The point of the mission is to prosyletize. Technically, Patsy would not have qualified to go on a mission because she was divorced and the mother of young children which she didn't have custody of, but in a religious delusion, she might have decided to go anyway and believed that God would provide for her. If she was in the grip of a religious delusion, she may have given up all her worldly goods - she may have given her $35 to someone as a gift. I'm thinking she had to be despondent over losing her kids and was attracted to the Disneyland area for this reason.

One of the things in the Mormon church is the temple garment, which is supposed to be worn at all times by observant Mormons - but was not found on the Jane Doe in Anaheim- as far as we can tell. It's hard to know if Patsy would have a temple garment since she had only been involved in the Mormon church for a year. Usually women receive their first garment upon marriage (they wear it for the first time under their wedding gown) or during a temple endowment ceremony, but with a divorcee, I'm not sure when she would invited to participate in an endowment ceremony and receive her garment yet.

However, I do think this possible match SHOULD be turned in.

Mary Widdison, a woman who went missing on September 19, 1977, got my attention because of the circumstances of her disappearance in NamUs --

Husband received a letter postmarked from Eugene [Oregon] on 9-30-1977 that has led him to believe his wife may commit suicide. Mary and her husband live in Midvale, Utah and she has not been seen since 9-19-1977.

Unfortunately, her NamUs page doesn't have a photo. She has brown hair and brown eyes, but is a bit taller, lighter, and older than the UID, but the circumstances and timing I find very interesting.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/15518/25

For the record, it is about 779 miles from Midvale, UT where Ms. Widdison lived with her husband to Eugene, OR, where her letter was postmarked. It is about 880 miles from Eugene to Anaheim, CA. NamUs does not provide any details about Mary Widdison's method of transportation/details about how she got from Midvale to Eugene.

Diane Schulte is the only rule out listed on NamUs for the UID at this time.

Patsy Ravens looks like a good match to me, and not on the ruleouts list. Wonder if anyone ever called her in?

Odd how Namus describes her as having long brown hair to the middle of her back yet the sketch shows her with very short hair.
image1.jpgimage2.jpg77_04199_sketch.jpg

Anyone able to figure out where this bus ticket would be from?

I did a search on Namus for all women missing July to October 1977 nationwide and couldn't see any likely fits. So maybe she was reported missing earlier or later than that - or not at all.

Wow, the resemblance here is remarkable. I hope someone called it in.

@Melt71 nothing new in several years...

current missing person exclusions:
-- Shaliegh Philips -- -- CA
-- Anita Shaw -- -- CA
-- Verna Smith -- -- CA
MP2065 Diane Schulte 03/25/1977 Canyon ID

77-04199-ST​

DOE, Jane 77-04199-ST #1

PRINT:
DOE, Jane 77-04199-ST #2
CORONER CASE NUMBER: 77-04199-ST
SEX: Female
RACE: Caucasian
DATE of DEATH: 10/23/77
AGE Est.: 20-30
EYES: Brown
HAIR: Brown
HGT. Inches: 62
WEIGHT LBS: 160
CITY FOUND: Anaheim
LOCATION FOUND: Santa Fe RR Tracks at SR 57, Anaheim
DEATH CLASSIFICATION: Suicide
PHYSIQUE: Normal Build
FEATURES: Decedent stepped onto the RR tracks in front of an oncoming train, apparently intentionally.
TATTOOS: N/A
JEWELRY: N/A
TEETH/CONDITION: Poor dentition, fillings #18,28,31, caries in #6,17,23,31,32
DOE, Jane 77-04199-ST #3

7704199ST1b.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads