980 users online (209 members and 771 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

TX - Robert Brown, 49, Fort Worth, 10 March 2007

My brother, Robert Brown, has been missing more than 10 days. Here is link to the article that was in the local paper yesterday.

http://www.startelegram.com/229/story/42356.html

Kaelee
    Last edited by Kimster; 11-25-2012 at 08:39 PM. Reason: featured cold case from 11/25/2012 to 12/2/2012

Kaelee - thank you so much for posting the article on your brother. You must be going crazy not knowing where he's gone.

Do you know anything more about the friend your brother was on the way to see? Has law enforcement (LE) checked the friend's house/apartment for evidence (of a struggle, or for anything that would suggest he did actually make it to the friend's house)?

I will say a prayer for his safety. Please keep us posted.

I will keep your family in my prayers. I hope you have a resolution soon.

Medical condition

I have a key to his apartment and the police and I have gone through it. There was no disturbance or anything missing. He left on the morning of 3/10, boarded a city bus to visit a friend and has not been seen since.

We are most worried about his medical condition. He is under a doctor's care, insulin dependent, and is almost blind. Without his insulin (it is in the refrigerator) he could be disoriented and very ill.

The lead detective is working the downtown homeless shelters, etc., hoping to locate someone who may have seen him. His friends and all our extended family have posted 1000 missing persons flyers this past weekend.

Thanks for all the prayers, at this point, this is all we have.

I'm so sorry Kaelee. I will say a prayer than he is found safe, soon.

Hello Kaelee. I am so sorry to hear that your brother, Robert, is missing. Has he ever become disoriented due to drastic changes in his insulin level before? If so, what happened? I imagine you have checked all local hospitals, shelters, and jails. I am not at all implying he may have committed a crime; but, sometimes a person who is ill and cannot articulate can end up in the oddest of places. If he has been without his insulin he may have become quite disoriented.

Do you think he made it onto the bus? Have you spoken with the actual bus driver who was the driver on that route that day? Does he/she recall seeing your Robert? Does anyone in the neighborhood where he lived recall seeing him that day--waiting for the bus or walking?

Have you researched all of the stops the bus made after Robert would have been picked up? If he was disoriented he may have gotten off at any one of the stops beginning with the first stop after he would have been picked up. Is there a way for you to post missing posters at all stops the bus made after your brother's stops?

One idea is perhaps you can take out the largest full page ad in the Sunday paper with his name, picture, and circumstances. A large missing ad may stand out even better than the article. Someone must have seen him, and since it has only been ten days, memories are not yet faded. If you have a nice missing poster maybe you can use it in your ad. If you don't and need help making one, I will be glad to do it, and email it to you. I am in the Austin area, so I am not close to Dallas; but please let me know if there is anything I can do.

I hope and pray that he is found safe, and if there is anything I can do please let me know.

Lion

Quote Originally Posted by kaelee2 View Post
    My brother, Robert Brown, has been missing more than 10 days. Here is link to the article that was in the local paper yesterday.

http://www.startelegram.com/229/story/42356.html

Kaelee

We have checked everywhere...

The missing persons detective took posters to all the shelters, soup kitchens, local hospitals and mental health facilities, as well as having checked for local "john does". We have posted flyers with pictures everywhere, at bus stops, in post offices, and all local police agencies have flyers. There is a state-wide alert for all police agencies, and he has been posted on the Department of Public Safety (DPS) and the Fort Worth Police missing persons web pages.

He has become disoriented before without his medication, but usually a family member or friend was with him. He sometimes does not know who he is or where he is. He is under the care of a doctor and should also be taking an antibotic for a staph infection. His health is critical and this is why we are so worried about him.

I can't even begin to imagine how frightened you and your family are. It sounds like your uncle might have gotten off the bus at the wrong stop and didn't know where he was. I hope that he is safe and that someone is watching out for him. Has his picture been flashed on local TV enough so that someone may recognize him? I hope he turns up soon and that he is alright.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelee2 View Post
    The missing persons detective took posters to all the shelters, soup kitchens, local hospitals and mental health facilities, as well as having checked for local "john does". We have posted flyers with pictures everywhere, at bus stops, in post offices, and all local police agencies have flyers. There is a state-wide alert for all police agencies, and he has been posted on the Department of Public Safety (DPS) and the Fort Worth Police missing persons web pages.

He has become disoriented before without his medication, but usually a family member or friend was with him. He sometimes does not know who he is or where he is. He is under the care of a doctor and should also be taking an antibotic for a staph infection. His health is critical and this is why we are so worried about him.
    Kaelee, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I will add my prayers that he is found safe and sound.

Have you tried contacting any cable news personalities to get the word out? Nancy Grace, Greta Van Susteran, Kimberly Guilfoyle (although her show is only on the weekends)? I know there are posters here that have email addresses for them, maybe they can help you out that way.

Did your brother regularly ride the bus to see his friend?

Again, my prayers are with you and your brother. ((Kaelee))

Media has been informed.

I did an interview with CBS Channel 11 yesterday and it was broadcast at 6 pm yesterday and 7 am this morning. NBC Channel 5 ran the story last night at 6 pm and again at 5 am this morning.

I have contacted the two other stations (Fox 4 and ABC 8) and they are getting managerial approval, so hopefully they will run the story tomorrow.

My brother regularly rides the bus, to the grocery store, to the doctors, to his counselors, and to several of his friends. He has done this for the last 2 years as he cannot see well enough to drive. He is disabled and has a difficult time walking, but that never kept him from going where he wanted to go.

We hope and pray that we hear something soon. Tomorrow will be day 12.

Kaelee, I hope the other two stations are able to run a story for Robert, and I feel relieved that the detective is distributing flyers to key areas. I hope and pray for Robert to be found safe.

Lion

kaelee, I will keep your brother in my prayers, I hope you find him very soon.

Did he have a cell phone with him? Has the call log been checked on it?
    Have you had credit cards and ATM cards checked to see if they have been used? Do you happen to know if he had much cash on him?

I wish you the best in your search. Do everything you can to keep his face in the press.

Kaelee2, it sounds like you and your family are doing an amazing job using all the resources available to look for your brother. I used to live in Ft Worth and although sometimes it can seem more like a small town it really is a fairly large city. There are so many places he could possibly be. I am praying that he is safe and that he will be reunited with his family very soon. Hang in there - we are all pulling for Robert to come home safe and SOON!

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast