TX - Tynesha Stewart, 19, Houston, 15 March 2007

jodierenee

websleuth addict
Reaction score
http://www.khou.com/news/local/education/stories/khou070320_ac_missingaggie.3048eef2.html

As the search for a missing Aggie coed continues, police and now homicide detectives are focused on an emergency called made the night 19-year-old Tynesha Stewart went missing.

Her boyfriend was questioned by police Tuesday night about her disappearance. Police said he told them they had a disagreement and she walked off on foot, not far from his apartment.
Deputies and volunteers spent Tuesday and part of the night searching a wooded area in northwest Harris County.

Stewart, a Texas A&M scholarship student, was last seen by her ex-boyfriend in some apartments said he last saw her Thursday, leaving in pajamas and with a cell phone.

As Texas EquuSearch and deputies scoured nearby woods, other reports began surfacing. Another resident is certain she saw Stewart in her ex-boyfriend’s car early Friday morning
Then hours later, heavy smoke from the boyfriend’s porch prompted an emergency call. Several neighbors shared the same story.

They said it was not a barbecue, but rather burning clothes and hair. Neighbors reported seeing the barbecue pit in the trash with a strong smell of bleach.

another example of a guy flying into a jealous rage over a girl that doesn't want him :(

how awful for this promising girl. She was on a full scholarship to A&M to study civil and chemical engineering.

I hope I am wrong about the boyfriend...but I doubt it. :furious:

I hope LE is keeping close tabs on the boyfriend. He doesn't sound too bright. Any moron should know it's time to give it up or run like **** when you get caught burning your clothes on the patio the day your girl goes missing!

Susan

Did LE come to his house when he was burning things on his porch? The neighbors said that they smelled burning hair? Bleach? I hope LE took everything that he was burning.

I agree, another guy who just couldn't handle his girlfriend wanting to break it off. This doesn't look good at all.

I'm not sure I'd know if hair was burning. Thank God I've never experienced THAT smell!

The smell of burning hair is both nasty and unforgettable.

I hope and pray for Tynesha and her family; but, this looks very grim.

Lion

update:
The ex-boyfriend of a missing Texas A&M student was being questioned by police Wednesday night after leading them to a dumpster where possibly the body of Tynesha Stewart had been left.
With the help of community activist Quanell X, Tim Shepherd led police to a dumpster in north Harris County.
M_IMAGE.11173d7f37e.93.88.fa.d0.3425828.jpg
11 News

Stewart’s mom said investigators were set to next check the landfill where that dumpster’s load would have been taken. Officials said the dumpster had been picked up at least twice since Stewart went missing March 15.
Shepherd, who had been interviewed several times by law enforcement about the disappearance of Stewart, had asked to speak to Quannel-X to take him for a ride.
After hesitating more than once, he finally told Quanell to turn into an apartment complex on Ella.
Then eerily Shepherd slowly led Quannel and a Harris County detective to a dumpster. Quanell then took the young man in his arms and began to pray

http://www.khou.com/news/local/education/stories/khou070320_ac_missingaggie.3048eef2.html

:(

Yeah he better pray... idiot! First thing that made me think of the BF was the fact that he said 'got in a argument and she left on foot' .. don't they all say that? .. Ugh!!

Yeah he better pray... idiot! First thing that made me think of the BF was the fact that he said 'got in a argument and she left on foot' .. don't they all say that? .. Ugh!!

This just makes me so angry and so sad. Tynesha was a young lady who was doing very positive things for herself, and it breaks my heart to think of what she went through and what her family is going through now.

I hope the slime of a bf goes to prison permanently--with no chance for parole.

Lion

I'm not sure I'd know if hair was burning. Thank God I've never experienced THAT smell!

I know that smell, or at least something close to it; more than once I've gotten my hair much too hot when blowing it dry. Blech....

I'm sure glad that's the ONLY way you know the smell of burning hair!

The ex-boyfriend of a missing Texas A&M student was charged with murder Wednesday night after leading them to a dumpster where possibly the body of Tynesha Stewart had been left.

With the help of community activist Quanell X, Tim Shepherd led police to a dumpster in north Harris County. Timothy Wayne Shepherd, 27, has not made a formal confession and is no longer cooperating with investigators, but he is charged in the death of 19-year-old Tynesha Stewart, the Houston Chronicle quoted Lt. John Denholm of the Harris County Sheriff's Office homicide division.

I just heard a blurb about this on CTV.

<sigh>

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4652699.html

i just read this latest article and it states he choked her to death. Also it says they are not sure if the body will ever be found because according to records, it could be in one of two LARGE county landfills. The private services that search in the debris charge $6-7 per ton, and there are thousands of tons.

The taxpayers would end up paying for this...the sad thing is the family said they are OK with that and understand if her body will never be found. How sad.

How did they pay for the Joanna Rogers search? The money has to come from somewhere..

The mother of a missing Texas A&M student says she will never stop looking for her daughter's body and the authorities shouldn't either.

“We want her body so that we can give her a proper burial,” said Tynesha Stewart's mother Gale Shields. “She wasn’t trash! She was not trash! She was a human being. She was an Aggie."

Meanwhile, Thursday officials said the 19-year-old's ex-boyfriend confessed to strangling her.

Tim Shepherd, 27, was charged with murder Wednesday night and is under suicide watch in jail.

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou070322_ac_missingaggie.58c6ecf.html

There have been several people searched for in landfills. Why would they not be able to come up with the money to search for this girl? Look how long and hard Lori Hacking was searched for. There has to be money for this somewhere. Maybe some of that government spending that is so wasted.

why was a 27 year old going out with a 19 year old??
He's slime.

Yup, and being that this is Texas....I smell Huntsville in his future, and an early demise.

Good...I hope he gets everything that he deserves. What gives these guys that right to end a person's life just because the person doesn't want to be with them anymore :furious: I would like to ask him if it was worth it :behindbar

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4654969.html

Faced with the "virtually impossible" task of excavating 40,000 tons of landfill waste to find Tynesha Stewart's body, Harris County sheriff's officials made the agonizing decision Thursday night that the odds of success were too remote to try.

Sheriff's officials met with the slain Texas A&M University student's mother, Gale Shields, shortly before a scheduled 7 p.m. candlelight vigil to inform her there would be no search for her daughter's body.

The excavation, which would have cost at least $350,000 and been paid for by taxpayers, would have required the clearing of another five or six acres adjacent to the suspected search site to allow large equipment in and out and to provide a place to hold the waste that would have been removed. Officials could not estimate how long the search might have taken.
Martin denied that money had anything to do with the department's decision.
"We didn't have the confidence we would be successful," he said.
At the vigil, held at the church where teams led by Texas Equusearch had assembled during a protracted hunt for Stewart earlier in the week, Quanell X called on friends and loved ones to raise money for an excavation.
An Equusearch official vowed the group would do all it could, if given the chance.
"It's an overwhelming task, but somebody's got to do it," said Cindy Wisdom, a case manager. "It's bad enough the daughter was murdered, but it's inhumane to let her body rot in a dump."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4654969.html

Faced with the "virtually impossible" task of excavating 40,000 tons of landfill waste to find Tynesha Stewart's body, Harris County sheriff's officials made the agonizing decision Thursday night that the odds of success were too remote to try.

Sheriff's officials met with the slain Texas A&M University student's mother, Gale Shields, shortly before a scheduled 7 p.m. candlelight vigil to inform her there would be no search for her daughter's body.

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: This girl hasn't even been in the landfill as long as Lori Hacking OR Joanna Rogers, and they won't try????
WTF?????? That is sooooooo not right!!! I pray Texas Equusearch will be allowed to try to find it. They are so wonderful. If I was this mom I'd be absolutely beside myself and visiting lawyers!!! :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back