1216 users online (210 members and 1006 guests)  

Websleuths News

Woody Harrelson's father dies in prison

Woody Harrelson's father, Charles, died in prison on March 15th. He was housed at the Supermax facility in Colorado.

I didn't know his father was in prison. Apparently, a hit man. Weird!!

http://www.accessatlanta.com/hp/cont...Harrelson.html

Yep, killed a judge here in Texas if I remember correctly.

I guess this makes my family seem normal!!

The article said that he was first convicted of murder when Woody was 7.

Must not have been to great at his job since he kept getting caught.

Yep.

He was not a very nice man in any way.

Some stories have him linked to the JFK assassination. I don't think he was involved, myself, but I think he was nasty enough to be involved.

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    Quote Originally Posted by Texana View Post
    Some stories have him linked to the JFK assassination. I don't think he was involved, myself, but I think he was nasty enough to be involved.
    No way, really? How? That's wild!

I saw this news earlier. I wonder how Woody and his family is doing?
    Just thinkin' out loud....

Many, many years ago, I was a legal secretary at a lawfirm in Houston, Tx. I made friends with another secretary at the firm and visited her home and met her kids. She was always complaining that her ex-husband wouldn't go away and leave her alone. I asked her what he wanted, and she said he wanted her to go drinking and dancing with him. I told her to give him my number, I loved to drink and dance.

He called me and we went out drinking and dancing. We ended up back at his apartment in the pool in the wee hours. He was a sharp dresser and a good dancer, but way too glib and slick for my taste. While I don't remember what he said, I remember my impression of him. He scared me.

Anyway, years later I saw his picture on TV as the hitman who killed Judge Wood.

From that one night with him, I would believe any story about him. And yes, I met Woody when he was about seven years old, since his mom was a co-worker and a casual friend of mine.
    "Religions are like swimming pools, most of the noise comes from the shallow end." -Bishop Shelby Spong

Quote Originally Posted by hipmamajen View Post
    No way, really? How? That's wild!

I saw this news earlier. I wonder how Woody and his family is doing?
    There are theories out there that he is one of the three tramps in the famous photo taken the day of the JFK assassination. However it hasn't been proven beyond reasonable doubt that it was him and now we'll never know for sure. Here is a link below where they compare photos of Harrelson to photos of one of the tramps purported to be him. There are similiarities, but like I said, no one will ever know for sure. Anyway, I don't want to turn this into a conspiracy theory thread.

http://www.jfkmurdersolved.com/lois2.htm
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - John Lennon

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha View Post
    Many, many years ago, I was a legal secretary at a lawfirm in Houston, Tx. I made friends with another secretary at the firm and visited her home and met her kids. She was always complaining that her ex-husband wouldn't go away and leave her alone. I asked her what he wanted, and she said he wanted her to go drinking and dancing with him. I told her to give him my number, I loved to drink and dance.

He called me and we went out drinking and dancing. We ended up back at his apartment in the pool in the wee hours. He was a sharp dresser and a good dancer, but way too glib and slick for my taste. While I don't remember what he said, I remember my impression of him. He scared me.

Anyway, years later I saw his picture on TV as the hitman who killed Judge Wood.

From that one night with him, I would believe any story about him. And yes, I met Woody when he was about seven years old, since his mom was a co-worker and a casual friend of mine.
    Thanks for posting this anecdote. Since you met him in person, would you mind checking out the link I posted? I'm just curious since you would remember what he looked like back then and would be able to shed more light on this mystery. If you don't want to I understand.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Hez View Post
    There are theories out there that he is one of the three tramps in the famous photo taken the day of the JFK assassination. However it hasn't been proven beyond reasonable doubt that it was him and now we'll never know for sure. Here is a link below where they compare photos of Harrelson to photos of one of the tramps purported to be him. There are similiarities, but like I said, no one will ever know for sure. Anyway, I don't want to turn this into a conspiracy theory thread.

http://www.jfkmurdersolved.com/lois2.htm
    interesting....i only glanced at the pics, but saved the link for reading later....Woody looks a lot like his Daddy....i'm a Woody Harrelson fan, & hope that him & his family are ok...

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Yep, killed a judge here in Texas if I remember correctly.
    Judge Woods in San Antonio.