1943 users online (339 members and 1604 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Michelle Young, pregnant mom, murdered Part 15.

I know there's a few new posters coming in for this forum, so Welcome. Yes that includes you Jake

Please read the Terms of Service as we were reminded to last night.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44926

And I'm sure we can all go back to being on even ground.

Sami

Thanks, Samiya.
    May the rest of this week bring an arrest or at least some news.
    RIP Michelle Young and babes.

Quote Originally Posted by SueY View Post
    Thanks, Samiya.
    May the rest of this week bring an arrest or at least some news.
    RIP Michelle Young and babes.
    Amen to that.

I have reason to believe to this day LE is still trying to match fingerprints in the house. Is it really necessary for a good case to have known matches for all prints in a large home? We know lE printed all the "inter circle" that have been in the home. In addition, LE went to Brevard to obtain prints from those friends and family. If they still have some "phantom prints" could that be a big defense issue the DA would want to over come before an arrest is made ?

Sami,
    My apologies, I posted on Part #14 this morning, and I don't know how to move it over to here.

Sooooo...just bumping this thread up this morning!

DD

less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Fife View Post
    I have reason to believe to this day LE is still trying to match fingerprints in the house. Is it really necessary for a good case to have known matches for all prints in a large home? We know lE printed all the "inter circle" that have been in the home. In addition, LE went to Brevard to obtain prints from those friends and family. If they still have some "phantom prints" could that be a big defense issue the DA would want to over come before an arrest is made ?
    Oh, absolutely. The DA is going to want those prints ID'd before a trial, because that just leaves a huge hole for any defense attorney to say - "the mystery prints are your killer, not my client."
    It's my own two cents. You don't have to read or like it.

Is Jake still a registered member here? If so, I'd like to ask him a question regarding Jason's Ford Explorer.

When the Explorer was handed over by LE to Jason's attorney, was all original equipment still intact? Specifically, was the rear seat in the vehicle? Had any upholstery been cut away? TIA

Hey Scout! I solved your riddle...I hope I made your day!

Have a good one.

Utopia

ETA: I put the answer in the comments but now I'm wondering if I should have as I don't want to spoil it for others. Feel free to remove it if you like. And it wasn't that easy, I thought you did a great job! Very creative.
    Last edited by Utopia; 03-22-2007 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by less0305 View Post
    Oh, absolutely. The DA is going to want those prints ID'd before a trial, because that just leaves a huge hole for any defense attorney to say - "the mystery prints are your killer, not my client."

Since there are "unmatched" prints in the home to this day, it may be a while before there is an arrest. Sure hope they have a pile more to make this a moot point at trial.

Since there are "unmatched" prints in the home to this day, it may be a while before there is an arrest. Sure hope they have a pile more to make this a moot point at trial.
    IMO,

Depends where these unmatched prints were found and collected. Do they appear to be relevant to where the crime scene was? I.e., if there's unmatched prints in the kitchen, and there didn't appear to be a struggle downstairs, they may not be as critical to the investigation as if they were found in the MB or close proximity to MY's body. LE would want them all tested and on file, but the different prints will have varying degrees of importance.

Yes, they'll need more than just fingerprints to take a case forward. But the finding of unknown prints near MY or in critical areas of the determined crime scene would be more disturbing to investigators, which would mean more time. Versus, not finding unknown prints near MY or the actual crime scene.

ETA: Oops, just reread your post, and I'm assuming you already knew what I posted. You were making a statement rather than asking a question. Sorry, I should probably just delete my words, but didn't want you to have read it and thought I was talking beneath you or anything. Sorry. Soooo, yes, agree it takes longer to run all the prints through AFIS, etc.
    Last edited by DEPUTYDAWG; 03-22-2007 at 04:21 PM. Reason: ETA

Well like someone suggested at CTV - how many foreign fingerprints would you expect in the master bedroom and master bath.

DD my dear! Looks like we were thinking at the same time - only you of course have put more detail into your thoughts, hehe. Hey you're really rockin' on this forum! I don't think I've been on a forum with you before and I am really enjoying your insight and contribution!!

Quote Originally Posted by jilly View Post
    DD my dear! Looks like we were thinking at the same time - only you of course have put more detail into your thoughts, hehe. Hey you're really rockin' on this forum! I don't think I've been on a forum with you before and I am really enjoying your insight and contribution!!
    Hey Miss Jilly

Really, we've never really been on the same forum? I know we posted "elsewhere" together, but I guess I just assumed we did other WS forums together, as well. It feels like it, I'm always so glad to "see you around "

Yes, we were thinking alike on fingerprints.

Quote Originally Posted by jilly View Post
    Well like someone suggested at CTV - how many foreign fingerprints would you expect in the master bedroom and master bath.
    I know WCSO is very interested in talking to anyone who has been in the house so they can look at prints. The investigator was not specific as to "unmatched" print locations. I guess we should assume the prints are in the area of the actual crime scene.

I know WCSO is very interested in talking to anyone who has been in the house so they can look at prints. The investigator was not specific as to "unmatched" print locations. I guess we should assume the prints are in the area of the actual crime scene.
    I find that very interesting.

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast