RIP Elizabeth Edwards cancer returns. UPDATE- Passed away 12-7-10

ember

~*~ Tree hugging dirt worshipper ~*~
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/03/22/edwards.2008/index.html

The campaign goes on.
It is treatable but not curable.
Stage 4 cancer.
It was found when she was being scanned for a broken rib. She calls that broken rib a blessing.

What an amazing couple. They truly love and support each other so much. With all they have been through...my goodness, we should all take a lesson in partnership from them.

She stood up there with a smile on her face and has the most optomistic attitude. I just don't know if I could. She said her husband gets her through. He said that whenever, wherever she needs him, he'll be there. It makes me cry. What a beautiful love.

My most sincere well wishes to both of them....but especially her.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I really like her.

It's stage 4 in the bones? I know it says it's treatable, but it doesn't sound good.

That is very sad hearing the cancer has returned. She is a fighter for sure. Hopefully there love & optimistic attitude cures her.

My prayers for them both.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/03/22/edwards.2008/index.html

The campaign goes on.
It is treatable but not curable.
Stage 4 cancer.
It was found when she was being scanned for a broken rib. She calls that broken rib a blessing.

What an amazing couple. They truly love and support each other so much. With all they have been through...my goodness, we should all take a lesson in partnership from them.

She stood up there with a smile on her face and has the most optomistic attitude. I just don't know if I could. She said her husband gets her through. He said that whenever, wherever she needs him, he'll be there. It makes me cry. What a beautiful love.

My most sincere well wishes to both of them....but especially her.

That's what finally got my mother. She started having broken ribs and then dramatic weight loss. It turned out to be multiple myloma. I would be pessimistic she will survive this although ironically, Geraldine Farraro is being treated successfully with Thalidomide of all things for the myloma.

A tragedy. He would have been my pick on the Democratic side. We can only hope that she is receiving the finest treatment currently possible. Cancer in some ways is becoming a chronic disease that is treatable but not curable much like high blood pressure. Once you have it it is meds for the rest of your life. Remember Lance Armstrong and his battle with cancer. Who would have thought he would have survived? It is possible.

Yeah, once it gets in the bones the prognosis for the most part is grim. Just like pancreatic cancer.

I am a Republican but I have always been very impressed with Elizabeth Edwards' class, strength, attitude, and her relationship with her husband. I also think she is very beautiful. This makes me so sad for her and their family. I will be praying hard for all of them.

He has stated that he is not pulling out of the race. However, I think that this and lack of funds will cause him to withdraw shortly.

He has stated that he is not pulling out of the race. However, I think that this and lack of funds will cause him to withdraw shortly.

He should. They need to spend time together as a family and Elizabeth should have his full support as she concentrates on being here as long as she can be.
The campaign should not matter now, IMO.

I am a Republican but I have always been very impressed with Elizabeth Edwards' class, strength, attitude, and her relationship with her husband. I also think she is very beautiful. This makes me so sad for her and their family. I will be praying hard for all of them.

I second that.

I sure hate to hear this. I saw last night on the Drudge report that there would be an announcement at noon and it had to do with Elizabeth's follow up appt. I figured her cancer must've returned.

They are such an amazing couple and she has such grace and strength. I pray for her that if there's no cure, then she at least has many more pain free and happy years ahead.

My mother died of breast cancer. She had a mastectomy in 1987 and all her lymph nodes were removed on her right side. Her nodes were all negative for tumor cells.

In 1991 her cancer returned in her bones(lower spine). She had radiation treatment to contain the tumor growth.

In 1996 it she complained of pain in her right hip and leg.

Her cancer was in all her bones(head to legs)

She passed away 6 months to the day we got the news.

I will remember the Edwards family in my prayers.

susiebond

He should. They need to spend time together as a family and Elizabeth should have his full support as she concentrates on being here as long as she can be.
The campaign should not matter now, IMO.

Actually, his decision to remain in the race was made by his entire family, including Elizabeth, so I really don't see where it is our place to judge them. This was not a cavalier decision for him by any means.

Actually, his decision to remain in the race was made by his entire family, including Elizabeth, so I really don't see where it is our place to judge them. This was not a cavalier decision for him by any means.
I agree Masterj- perhaps it is Elizabeth that has told him it is what she wants-

Susiebond, I'm so sorry about your mother. I kow it's not easy to deal with the loss of a parent.

My prayers are with Mrs. Edwards.

I wholeheartedly agree. Elizabeth said that they could either stick their head in the sand and crawl away to a corner and feel sorry for themselves or do as they have in the past when their son died and she got cancer the first time - hold up your head and live your life as you normally would. She wants to be doing all the things, including campaigning, that she would normally be doing. She will be with John onthe campaign trail, will have frequent dr. visits and take her meds accordingly. The doctor said the campaigning will not affect her treatment or her chances. I admire them immensely for their courage through so much adversity.

That's what finally got my mother. She started having broken ribs and then dramatic weight loss. It turned out to be multiple myloma. I would be pessimistic she will survive this although ironically, Geraldine Farraro is being treated successfully with Thalidomide of all things for the myloma. .
MM,the same with my father--He actually beat Multiple Myeloma back in 1994 with a bone marrow transplant and chemo--but the chemo destroyed his lungs and he died of fibrosis 2years later--Thalidomide,first used for MM in 1999, is showing promise as a life extender for MM patients--The avg survival rate for MM contnues to improve every year

Well, I'm very upset about this bad news for Elizabeth Edwards--She's so young--Stage IV is the worst,she's living on borrowed time--Her husband needs to withdraw from the race,needs to spend as much time with her as he can, because I don't think the five year survival rate is very good at all--Remember that her doctor said it may have also spread to her lungs--let's hope that's not true

Well, I'm very upset about this bad news for Elizabeth Edwards--She's so young--Stage IV is the worst,she's living on borrowed time--Her husband needs to withdraw from the race,needs to spend as much time with her as he can, because I don't think the five year survival rate is very good at all--Remember that her doctor said it may have also spread to her lungs--let's hope that's not true

When I read it may be in her lungs I really sank. I sure hope she's able to fight it for as long as possible, and remain active and healthy (as possible) while doing so.

That's what finally got my mother. She started having broken ribs and then dramatic weight loss. It turned out to be multiple myloma. I would be pessimistic she will survive this although ironically, Geraldine Farraro is being treated successfully with Thalidomide of all things for the myloma.

A tragedy. He would have been my pick on the Democratic side. We can only hope that she is receiving the finest treatment currently possible. Cancer in some ways is becoming a chronic disease that is treatable but not curable much like high blood pressure. Once you have it it is meds for the rest of your life. Remember Lance Armstrong and his battle with cancer. Who would have thought he would have survived? It is possible.
I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I also was saddened to hear about Elizabeth. Didn't she discover that she had cancer during her husband's first campaign?

Elizabeth may be in denial and may feel that if her husband quits the campaign that he thinks that she is dying. I personally do not think that he has a great chance of receiving the Democratic nomination. I agree with others who say that he should spend as much time with his wife as he can...

Elizabeth appears to have lost a tremendous amount of weight. Is this from the cancer?

I saw this earlier. Such a shame :( They seem like such a neat couple.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcerPacer
Back