Weird happenings in our updated forums

Former Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else had the weird joy of having to log in again to edit a post? Or to post at all? I was in the jury room, which you can only read if you're logged in, and went to reply to a post and it made me log in again twice. Also, is the forum logging you out after you've been idle for a while?

okay, I saw the thread in up to the minute about the problems. It's not a cookie issue- I clear them everytime I log out. I'll wait til Monday and see if it clears up.

Has anyone else had the weird joy of having to log in again to edit a post? Or to post at all? I was in the jury room, which you can only read if you're logged in, and went to reply to a post and it made me log in again twice. Also, is the forum logging you out after you've been idle for a while?

jodieo,

The only problem that I have expierenced that you mentioned,is the automatic logging off after I am idle (or reading) for a certain period of time,and have to log in again,if I want to post.You're not alone!

You will have to clear out your cookies :)

I was having the same issue.. Leave WS then open a browser page then (if using Internet exlorer ) go to tools > internet options > delete cookies

Then come back to WS and log in choosing the remember me button..

That should fix it :)

When I go to the index page of any topic (ex crimes in the news) , the topics used to be posted in date or posting order each day as new stories came in but now they are not anymore and you cannot tell where the new stuff is versus the already posted long ago stories- this is in all the places

here's an example:
View Full Version : Up to the Minute
Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
  1. Marauding pit bulls attack six - 10 year old boy, Critical
  2. Hurricane Katrina to possibly become a Cat 4
  3. Donations for victims of Hurricane Katrina
  4. Hurricane Katrina Disaster Updates
  5. O/T: Help Katrina Victims
  6. Refugee Solution for Hurricane victims
these are all old stories -the new ones each day that have not been read used to be bolded also- will this be fixed???

hey Kitty,
Have you checked yur settings in the UserCP? Click on edit options and scroll down to the 3rd box or so and it should have forum display options. Let me know if this helps.

hey Kitty,
Have you checked yur settings in the UserCP? Click on edit options and scroll down to the 3rd box or so and it should have forum display options. Let me know if this helps.

Already tried that, it only applies to posts not to the subject or list of story screens. To see what new stories are listed under any category like 'crimes in the news' under archive you have to go to the very last page and it used to be listed as 1. 2. 3. in the first page.

I think I figured it out, you need to re-sort your post order on the Last Post button, it looks like yours are reversed.

Threads in Forum : Up to the MinuteForum Tools vbmenu_register("forumtools");
menu_open.gif
Search this Forum vbmenu_register("forumsearch");
menu_open.gif
Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views

I posted this on the other thread. After your post here I really think that's what it is. The Last Post button is right under the Forum Tools link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back