GUILTY TN - Sean Powell, 18, shot to death, Knoxville, 10 March 2007

spclk

Reaction score
Oh, this makes me so angry! Aren't either one of these parents considering the affect all of this is having on their 2 young sons? :banghead:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,260139,00.html

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — A teacher accused of having sex with a former student who was shot to death outside her home tried to commit suicide five days later with a drug overdose, Nashville police said.
Nashville's 911 call center was contacted on March 15 by a Knoxville police officer, who said Erin McLean's family there believed she had taken an overdose.

If this were a soap opera, we'd say it was too unrealistic!!!

These people are nuts!

The husband was such a damn fool,why did he murder this kid? Couldn't he have just beaten the crap out of him?? Its not like he found them in bed together,the kid was in his own car--Absurd impulsiveness--He was being interviewed today,then started sobbing that he loved his wife--just wait til he's sent to prison for 30 years,then he'll REALLY be crying--what an idiot

Yeah the 'kid' was 18 so I would call that pretty much a young adult already. So he and the teacher knew what they were doing. At first I thought it said he was 13 I was like oh God what kind of sick teacher would do that (again)... but then I heard 18 and hmm it don't really bother me besides the fact that the husband shot him.

Frankly both parents are in need of some signifcant level of therapy. Neither one seems to be stable or responsible enough to take care of the children. Unfortunately now the children will also need counseling and a stable health loving environment to be raised in .. not so certain that has been the case recently with all the focus on the affair and the resulting violence.

The husband was such a damn fool,why did he murder this kid? Couldn't he have just beaten the crap out of him?? Its not like he found them in bed together,the kid was in his own car--Absurd impulsiveness--He was being interviewed today,then started sobbing that he loved his wife--just wait til he's sent to prison for 30 years,then he'll REALLY be crying--what an idiot

I agree that this guy was an idiot; however, I wouldn't be blaming the kid. I would be blaming my spouse. Her a$$ would be out on the curb. I would tell her to go make a life with her 18-year-old bf. You know about how long that would last. There would be no way in he!! that I would ruin my life for another person. No one is worth that!!

All 3 of them sound like they have some bad mental problems. Even though the 18 year old is of legal age, he was still way too young to have the intense involvement with an older unstable married woman with a crazy violent husband. There's no telling what that woman was telling him or the real reason he was parked outside the home. Maybe he thought he was protecting her from the husband. What a shame.

I agree that this guy was an idiot; however, I wouldn't be blaming the kid. I would be blaming my spouse. Her a$$ would be out on the curb. I would tell her to go make a life with her 18-year-old bf. You know about how long that would last. There would be no way in he!! that I would ruin my life for another person. No one is worth that!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

GRACE: A teacher-student affair turns deadly when the husband of his wife teacher takes a long gun after the student. The student apparently, just 18 years old, had been camping out of sorts, sleeping overnight in a car parked in front of the teacher`s home.

Let`s go straight out -- joining us tonight, Catherine Howell. She is with News Talk 100 WONX (SIC). What`s the latest? I understand there was a court appearance. What did we learn?

CATHERINE HOWELL, NEWS TALK 100 WNOX: Well, we learned, basically, that he had this very casual conversation. And then afterward, he walks out past Sean Powell, where he`s sitting in the car, walks to the bed of the truck, gets a gun and comes back. That`s necessarily the prosecution`s argument is that he`s done this. Now, right now, the case is in the hands of the grand jury. They`re going to have to determine whether or not they`re going to indict on first degree murder charges.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0703/28/ng.01.html

Sounds like this guy called 911 to report he had an intruder then amends that to trespasser who walked in his front door. From the time of the call to the gunshot he had plenty of time to think this thru. Murder 1 all the way baby!

I hope it was out of guilt that this gal tried to kill herself. That is something that she will have to live with for the rest of her life. If she had kept her pants up that kid wouldn't have been hanging around her house like a dog in heat. What is wrong with these teachers these days? How old was the boy anyway? I heard on the news that he was 16 but that he had quit school for some reason. They must have started fooling around while he was still in school though for them to have ever met. Will there be charges against her?

What did any 3 of these people think was going to happen? This woman could have gotten the 18 yo to leave, having him parked out front like that was bound to bring some type of disaster. I'm not saying the husband was right in getting the gun, he should have just called the cops and then taken the kids and gone straight to a lawyers office to file for a divorce IMO. I have to wonder if the woman was getting off by thinking she had 2 men fighting for her?

VB

What did any 3 of these people think was going to happen? This woman could have gotten the 18 yo to leave, having him parked out front like that was bound to bring some type of disaster. I'm not saying the husband was right in getting the gun, he should have just called the cops and then taken the kids and gone straight to a lawyers office to file for a divorce IMO. I have to wonder if the woman was getting off by thinking she had 2 men fighting for her?

VB

I agree with you. The news said that the kid had even walked right into the house a time or two. That kid was mighty bold. Nothing like both the kid and the wife rubbing it right in the face of the husband. I think that was the second night the kid had slept in his car parked right in front of their house.
It is hard for me to imagine the gutts that kid had. Did he think the husband was going to invite him in to spend the night with them or what?

I think I would have kicked both of their butts and then took my kids and left.
It's awful hard for a man to turn his head and walk away when it is being rubbed in his face like that. Don't know if I could have. I wouldn't have killed the kid even though I might have wanted to though. I can imagine the rage the husband must have felt at some young punk having the gutts to sleep outside of his house and to just walk right in when he felt like it. I guess what he should have done was to kick her butt out the door and told her not to come back no matter how much he loved her. Killing the kid wasn't going to make things go back to normal. I do feel bad for the husband though.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — A teacher accused of having an affair with a high school student, and whose husband is accused of killing the young man, has disappeared with her two children after checking out of a mental hospital.

Erin McLean, who has legal custody of her two boys, ages 11 and 8, has been missing since Sept. 15, according to attorneys for her and her husband.

Attorney Gary Blackburn said his client is emotionally distraught, but he doesn't believe she would harm her children.

"Erin's undergoing enormous pressure," Blackburn said Friday. "She's unable to get or keep jobs. Anything she does is interpreted in a certain way. I fear for her. Anyone in that state, you don't know what might happen."

Eric McLean's attorney, Bruce Poston, said family members went public with the disappearance Friday in hopes of finding the boys.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297725,00.html

So she took the children and disappeared the same day she checked out of the mental hospital? I hope they find her soon. Those boys may be in danger if she is still suicidal.

So she took the children and disappeared the same day she checked out of the mental hospital? I hope they find her soon. Those boys may be in danger if she is still suicidal.

The authorities should have never released the children to her. What idiots! This woman is gonna wind up dead with her babies, if LE doesn't get their act together. She is responsible for that young man's death! She should be charged with accessory to the fact.

The children deserve a better life with parents that care about them not just their own selfish needs, and egos!! :furious: .

VB

I certainly don't agree with what the husband did but imo the 18 year old and this man's wife heightened the emotional outburst by the boy taunting him by being right outside his home and his wife spurring it on.

I guess that is why the GJ refused to indict on First Degree and indicted on Second instead.

I actually think when this goes to trial it may wind up with a lessor charge of Voluntary Manslaughter.

imoo

I wonder if the wife and kids have been found yet. Why they let her keep those kids is beyond me. Did she try to commit suicide because she feels guilty for the part that she played in the murder or because he teeny bopper boyfriend is dead? If she doesn't think that part of this is her own fault then she is in deep denial.

Her and that kid both had gutts that were unbelievable. She lets him park his car right in front of the house and sleep there for two nights in a row. Was she sneaking out there at some time during the night? What exactly was the purpose of him sleeping out there anyway? I don't think I could have handled that either if that had been my spouse. I sure as heck would have went out there and ripped the person's hair out of his/her head. I would have been livid at such nerve of that person. Then I would have kicked my spouse out along with his/her clothes following right behind.

I hope this woman doesn't hurt her kids. Do what she wants to herself. Gosh, I just can't understand why she can't get a job as her attorney stated :furious: McDonalds probably wouldn't even hire her..teens work there.

Has the husband gone to trial yet?

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — A teacher accused of having an affair with a high school student, and whose husband is accused of killing the young man, has disappeared with her two children after checking out of a mental hospital.

Erin McLean, who has legal custody of her two boys, ages 11 and 8, has been missing since Sept. 15, according to attorneys for her and her husband.

Attorney Gary Blackburn said his client is emotionally distraught, but he doesn't believe she would harm her children.

"Erin's undergoing enormous pressure," Blackburn said Friday. "She's unable to get or keep jobs. Anything she does is interpreted in a certain way. I fear for her. Anyone in that state, you don't know what might happen."

Eric McLean's attorney, Bruce Poston, said family members went public with the disappearance Friday in hopes of finding the boys.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297725,00.html

From that same link:

Family members think Erin McLean may be heading to California to meet someone she met on the Internet, Poston said.

"She's not stable," Poston said. "These boys are in danger. For now, this is the first time both families agree she is too unstable to have these boys."
Blackburn said his client, who was recently fired from a Nashville school amid new allegations of improper conduct with a student, has been frustrated trying to find a new job and doesn't know how to handle the public attention.

"She's a fragile person," Blackburn said. "There's two ways to deal with it — fight and flight. She chose the latter."

no job? where is the money coming from for her to hide? or even travel to california?

D_K, she has been very busy, hasn't she? New relationship with a student, and now someone in California she may be going to see.

Why was she ever allowed to work in a school environment again? That makes no sense to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back