963 users online (213 members and 750 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Zodiac: The Movie

Just saw it--wow--it was great!
    I never followed the case, though, and I'm sure they took lots of liberties.
    Wondering what everyone else thought.

I had read that the director took great pains to be as accurate as possible and that's one of the reasons the film is so long. I haven't seen it yet so I don't know how much he had to deviate from the book.

I saw it, and I think it was very well done. I really liked it, and so the did the rest of the audience it seemed. I think they were pretty accurate concerning the facts of the case. Even when there are theories and speculations that emerge they make sure we can distinguish between the two, which is often not the case in docudramas.

Lion

thanks for the reviews!!...it's one i want to see also...

Great movie - not really a thriller, but an accurate police detective procedural regarding this case. I think most Websleuthers will like this one a lot! Robert Downey Jr. steals every scene he is in!
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Zodiac, the latest Fincher ('se7en', 'fight club') masterwork. Not to be confused with the vastly inferior flick "the zodiac" released a couple of years earlier, starring Robin Tunney (she of 'the craft' and 'prison break').

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    We thought this was a great film, as well. The two teenagers sitting in front of us were mad at the ending, though. I don't think they realized going in that there wasn't going to be an arrest...

I had read Robert Graysmith's book back in the college days, so a lot of the film was familiar to me. But, there were things that happened since his book left off that were new. Also, I don't remember as much of his personal life being in the book, but I may just be recalling it incorrectly.

Even my husband likes the movie, and he usually just watches that stuff because I'm watching it
    Just thinkin' out loud....

Quote Originally Posted by LionRun View Post
    I saw it, and I think it was very well done. I really liked it, and so the did the rest of the audience it seemed. I think they were pretty accurate concerning the facts of the case. Even when there are theories and speculations that emerge they make sure we can distinguish between the two, which is often not the case in docudramas.

Lion

I will be seeing it tomorrow! I'm excited now, with the reviews here.

Thanks
    "Life ain't hard, just get a job and don't kill anybody." by richandfamous

"Even my moderation is excessive." by richandfamous

Quote Originally Posted by LionRun View Post

Lion
    Very, very well put, Lion. I have read the book on which the film is based and that was exactly my impression. And even though the movie reflects the writer's strong conviction as to the identity of the killer, it makes it quite clear this could never be proved.

Loved it, loved it, loved it! I'm so tired of movies about car chases; Zodiac actually downplays the frenzy of activity immediately following the shooting of the cab driver.

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    Great movie - not really a thriller, but an accurate police detective procedural regarding this case. I think most Websleuthers will like this one a lot! Robert Downey Jr. steals every scene he is in!
    Doesn't he always?

I saw Zodiac on opening night (couldn't get there fast enough)! Excellent movie...well done in everyway. I usually don't like long movies, but didn't even realize this one was close to 3 hours, it left me wanting more...

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

Question

I too want to see this movie. Steve Huff did an excellent review on it. I wonder if we will ever know who the Zodiac really was???

Here is the link to Steve's review: http://truecrimeblog.blogspot.com/20...-and-note.html
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Doesn't he always?
    Indeed! He is a singular talent.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Quote Originally Posted by hipmamajen View Post
    We thought this was a great film, as well. The two teenagers sitting in front of us were mad at the ending, though. I don't think they realized going in that there wasn't going to be an arrest...
    That is so funny because when I saw the movie with my sister she leaned over to me at one point and said "the ending better be really good." I just grinned.....

I thought there was a long stretch in the middle that they weren't giving us a lot of information, so it seemed to be going pretty slow....but other than that, I thought the film was excellent. Jake Gyllenhaal and Robert Downey did a fantastic job.

Thank you Nova. I liked it so much that I would see it again!

Lion

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Very, very well put, Lion. I have read the book on which the film is based and that was exactly my impression. And even though the movie reflects the writer's strong conviction as to the identity of the killer, it makes it quite clear this could never be proved.

Loved it, loved it, loved it! I'm so tired of movies about car chases; Zodiac actually downplays the frenzy of activity immediately following the shooting of the cab driver.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast