750 users online (88 members and 662 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Toddler High On Cocaine

JACKSONVILLE - A toddler was being treated for having cocaine in her system after workers at her church preschool noticed the girl acting unusual, authorities said Wednesday.
    The unidentified girl, who is between 18 and 24 months old, was taken to the hospital by her parents after workers at Promise Land Preschool at First Baptist Church of Mandarin noticed she would not eat and was unsteady on her feet Monday, according to a report from the Jacksonville Sheriffs Office. The girl was expected to be fine.
    The toddler’s parents tested negative for cocaine, authorities said. Authorities also could not link the drugs to the church, the Rev. Steve Newbill told The Florida Times-Union.
    “They told us we’re cleared,” he said. http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/ne...gh-on-cocaine/

Well,

She sure didn't go out and buy it herself on the street, so how did she get it?

Just because the parents don't do it doesn't mean they don't sell it.
    Happy New Years

Quote Originally Posted by teonspaleprincess View Post
    Just because the parents don't do it doesn't mean they don't sell it.
    Absolutely. And it is always possible another child at the preschool had it. Or maybe the child found something on the ground but that is not as likely.

I'd be interested what time of the day this toddler was noticed acting strange. If it was some hours after she was dropped off then I'd be looking more at the day care. Obviously something happened somewhere and I hope authorities are able to find out the problem soon.

VB

I would think that cocaine would affect a child that small pretty quickly. So I would want to know how long she had been at preschool before they noticed her behavior.

If one of the signs was that she wasn't eating, it was probably snack or lunch time, so she had probably already been there at least a couple of hours. My bet is on a school employee.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Bride View Post
    I'd be interested what time of the day this toddler was noticed acting strange. If it was some hours after she was dropped off then I'd be looking more at the day care. Obviously something happened somewhere and I hope authorities are able to find out the problem soon.

VB
    Great minds think alike!

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    Maybe there was something in one of the other kids' diaper bags/backpacks?
    Just thinkin' out loud....