Mexico Mexico - Las Muertas de Juárez *UNSOLVED*

While federal investigators dug for corpses in a nearby yard, Deonicio Delgadillo Picazo watched over his 11-year-old daughter, who was playing on a seesaw. Delgadillo said he was not surprised that 17 state police officers had been implicated in the deaths of 12 people found buried in the neighborhood. But he was shocked, he said, that some of those policemen were in jail
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0212juarez12.html

I Was In Ciudad Juarez Last Month To Visit My Grandmother And Her Neighbor Happends To Be The Mother Of A Murder Victim, I Would Talk To The Lady And It Just Broke My Heart When She Talked About Her Daughter, How Her Daughter Convinced Her To Let Her Have A Part Time Job So That She Could Save Money For A Sweet Fifteen Party, The Mother Worked Night Shift So She Would Get Off At 6:am Am And The Daughter Started Her Part Time At 7:00am So They Would Always Greet Each Other When One Was Going Home And The Other To Work And She Remembers The Day That She Was Going Home From Work And Didn't See Her Daughter And She Thought That Maybe She Was Sick And Stayed Home ,,but When She Got Home Her Youngest Son Told Her That She Never Came Home,,so She Went To The Police, But Told Her " Don't Worry Mam She's Probably Parting And Lost Track Of Time" Nine Days Later Her Body Was Found She Was Raped, Torture, Her Breast Had Been Cut She Had Bites All Over Her Body.. I Swear I Wouldnt Even Go To The Store By Myself Even In The Day, My Hubby Wanted To Take A Walk To The Little Mountains And I Did Not Go Because I've Heard That Bodies Are Found There Everyday.

No contemporary human rights crisis in Mexico has moved world public opinion more than the rapes and murders of young women in Ciudad Juarez and the state of Chihuahua. Mass protests stretching from the U.S.-Mexico border to Europe and to India have demanded justice. Even Hollywood took up the theme, when it recently filmed a major drama about the Juarez crimes starring Antonio Banderas, Jennifer Lopez, and Martin Sheen, called "Bordertown." The multi-million dollar film was withheld from release on the big screen in the United States for unexplained reasons.
For more than a decade now, investigators from the United Nations, Inter-American Commission for Human Rights, Amnesty International, International Human Rights Federation, Washington Office on Latin America, and even the Mexico government's own National Human Rights Commission have visited the border and issued reports that harshly criticize law enforcement's responses to the brutal killings.
The European Parliament, U.S. Congress, New Mexico State Senate, and other entities have passed resolutions condemning the femicides. A police hotline to receive anonymous tips was established across the border from Ciudad Juarez in El Paso, Texas.
Despite the international outcry, scores—perhaps hundreds—of murders and disappearances of young women remain unsolved. Refusing to let the memories of their loved ones die, mothers of femicide victims and their supporters are once again taking to the streets. On March 8, International Women's Day 2008, protestors from both sides of the border filed past the familiar cross monument in honor of murdered women that guards one of the entrances to Ciudad Juarez from El Paso at the foot of the Santa Fe Bridge.

more at link http://www.newspapertree.com/features/2461-world-wide-attention-but-on-the-ground-femicides-continue

Thanks for reminding me again of these atrocities Absinthe. This keeps coming back and I can't understand how the Mexican government can sit back and let this insanity go on.

(Source)
Other researchers, including El Paso author Diana Washington Valdez, who documented murders from 1993 to 2005 (including 120-130 sex-related crimes) for her book "Harvest of Women," have reported far more murders than the 413 recognized by Gonzalez. If killings from the last three years are added to Washington's figures, the toll of women murdered for all motives in Ciudad Juarez exceeds 500 since 1993.
What Ciudad Juarez sociologist Dr. Julia Monarrez calls "organized serial killings," in which as many as eight bodies were recovered at once from a single location, and other murders highly suspected of involving organized crime, stand out as unpunished crimes to this day. Drug traffickers, gang members, individual serial killers, businessmen, and even officers from the same agency tasked with investigating the crimes have been implicated in different press accounts.

Welcome, Blaize! i was hoping to spark a discussion and perhaps get closer to some answers...

As for how the Mexican government can "let this insanity go on"...I'd venture to wager that it's because some pretty high-ranking officials are involved in the killings.

For those of you who are familiar with Frank Bender's pioneering work regarding Facial Reconstruction, know that he is donating his time and abilities to reconstruct the women found tossed like garbage during this incredible story of murder....and to date there has been little notice paid this crime against humanity!!! He co-authored this book with Ted Botha...please consider giving it a read.

http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9781400065332

Many of the murdered and missing are underage Americans crossing the border to drink and party. This is not getting the press it deserves! :behindbar

Many of the murdered and missing are underage Americans crossing the border to drink and party. This is not getting the press it deserves! :behindbar

Really? links please!

The particular serial killings that I am referring to overwhelmingly target young, dark-skinned women from the interior/South of Mexico.

For those of you who are familiar with Frank Bender's pioneering work regarding Facial Reconstruction, know that he is donating his time and abilities to reconstruct the women found tossed like garbage during this incredible story of murder....and to date there has been little notice paid this crime against humanity!!! He co-authored this book with Ted Botha...please consider giving it a read.

http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9781400065332

I am going to order that book this weekend!

Really? links please!

The particular serial killings that I am referring to overwhelmingly target young, dark-skinned women from the interior/South of Mexico.

http://www.amw.com/features/feature_story_detail.cfm?id=293
The Kidnapping Epidemic
But, not only fighting is erupting in the streets of Mexico. Mexico's lawlessness - an outbreak of kidnappings for ransom, brutal gunfights among rival drug cartels and escalating violence - has now crossed the border and touched many American families.

There stories are similar. Americans cross the Mexican-American border from Laredo, Texas to Nuevo Laredo, Mexico to celebrate birthdays, holidays, or to shop or just to enjoy another culture. But, one by one, these Americans failed to return home.

The families of the missing Americans say they were oblivious to the violence in Mexico until their families were shattered by it. Now, they are paralyzed by fear.

Thirty-one Americans have been reported as kidnapped just across the Mexican border. Seventeen are unaccounted for, 12 have returned and two have been confirmed killed, according to U.S. officials. Simple math draws a scary conclusion: there are more than a dozen Americans somewhere in the Nuevo Laredo area of Mexico - dead or alive.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1458005/posts

Kidnapping, Murder Sweep Nuevo Laredo (41 Americans go missing)
Fox News ^ | 8/05/05

Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 8:32:36 PM by Libloather

Kidnapping, Murder Sweep Nuevo Laredo
Friday, August 05, 2005

NUEVO LAREDO, Mexico — A city official in charge of public security was gunned down along with another man in the downtown area of the embattled city of Nuevo Laredo on Friday.

According to reports, it appeared to be an organized hit involving two cars.

Nuevo Laredo, just cross the border from the United States, has become one of the most dangerous cities in the world. Rival drug cartels have turned the city into a war zone as they battle for control of the lucrative illegal drug market in the U.S.

Gun battles in broad daylight are common, and the U.S. Consulate (search) has shut down, at least temporarily.

The drug gangs have killed the city's last two police chiefs, the second of whom lasted only six hours on the job. Widespread police corruption has compounded the problem. The entire 700-officer force was fired for corruption this summer, though many were hired back.

In addition to the killings, there has been an epidemic of kidnappings. There have been over 400 in the past year, including dozens of Americans.

Thank you Pepper! Reading the links now...

Be interesting if there was a connection.

Maybe we should start a thread with the American kidnappings as well?

It seems clear that the Juarez section of Mexico is someone's hunting ground...either a group or individuals. On a daily basis here at WS we take on cases of missing people who may not have fit the bill as middle class folk, but by golly they have family that love, miss and mourn for them. South of the border we have a whole area where if you are of a certain age range, sex and build, your chances of being murdered horribly are quite good. It reminds me somewhat of Darfur, in that the perpetrators are counting on the apathy of the world to allow them to continue the crimes...

This story is about the multiple murders that have been going on in Cuidad Juarez, which is right across the border from El Paso, Texas:

No contemporary human rights crisis in Mexico has moved world public opinion more than the rapes and murders of young women in Ciudad Juarez and the state of Chihuahua. Mass protests stretching from the U.S.-Mexico border to Europe and to India have demanded justice. Even Hollywood took up the theme, when it recently filmed a major drama about the Juarez crimes starring Antonio Banderas, Jennifer Lopez, and Martin Sheen, called "Bordertown." The multi-million dollar film was withheld from release on the big screen in the United States for unexplained reasons.

This story is different, and is about the disappearance of many Americans, and I believe, confirmed killing of a couple, from Nuevo Laredo, which is right across the border from Laredo, Texas:

http://www.amw.com/features/feature_story_detail.cfm?id=293
The Kidnapping Epidemic
But, not only fighting is erupting in the streets of Mexico. Mexico's lawlessness - an outbreak of kidnappings for ransom, brutal gunfights among rival drug cartels and escalating violence - has now crossed the border and touched many American families.

There stories are similar. Americans cross the Mexican-American border from Laredo, Texas to Nuevo Laredo, Mexico to celebrate birthdays, holidays, or to shop or just to enjoy another culture. But, one by one, these Americans failed to return home.

These are 2 different cities in Mexico, but both border towns with big tourist incomes (at least previously). Due to the disappearances in Nuevo Laredo, many college students elected not to cross the border this year during Spring Break. There have been several disappearances of college students in the past.

In Juarez, it is mostly Mexican women that are disappearing and being murdered. There is a HUGE drug problem in Juarez right now, with gangs fighting it out with police. A few months ago, they found several bodies buried at a house in Juarez, suspected to be a drug cartel safe house. It is a REALLY, REALLY dangerous place.

Juarez bodies found: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/14/AR2008031403644.html

Murders of women in Juarez, 204-2007: http://www.wola.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=viewp&id=474&Itemid=2

It seems *obvious* that there is more than one person at work. At the least, there is one large group; they may be many groups as well as individual copycat killers.

Ok, since this is such a huge topic stretching over at least 15 years, how would you all like to structure discussion?

there are a few facets in particular that interest me:

1. Connection to maquiladoras (Is there a corporational link? Are maquiladoras being used as hunting grounds for young women? How can we, as Western consumers, influence the international corporations that utilize this cheap labor to make maquiladoras safer?)

2. Modus Operandi of the killers (Right breast severed and left nipple bitten off, kidnapping, stabbing/shooting/asphixiation/strangulation/?, the apparent "holding" of many victims for several days before death)

3. Links to Mexico's elite (police, federales, wealthy young men, government officials, powerful cultists)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back