CA CA - Santa Ana, Wht/HispFem 24UFCA, 22-28, at Santiago Park, Mar'88

Here is a copy of the origional Mexican Missing Persons website poster for Monica. I have included my translation of it into English (IN PARENS)

As I understand it, the origional website either deleted her poster, or ceased to exist.

The origional website did contain a photo of Monica.

I had posted this earlier under the thread of the Unknown Child found in Caledonia, NY in November 1979.

Mónica González Castillo

EDAD: 39 años, Aprox. (Age today: Aproximately 39 years) Note; other websites indicate that her age was aproximately 15 in 1979.
ESTATURA: 1.55 mts. Aprox. (STATURE: 1.55 mts. Aprox. )
COMPLEXION: Mediana (COMPLEXION: Medium)
TEZ:Morena clara (COMPLEXION: clear colored person)
CARA: Cuadrada (FACE: Square)
FRENTE: (IN FRONT)
CEJAS: Semipobladas (EYEBROWS: Semipopulated) Note: might mean that her eybrows had been plucked.
PESTAÑAS: (EYELASHES: )
NARIZ: Chata (NOSE: Flat)
BOCA: Mediana (MOUTH: Medium)
LABIOS: (LIPS)
DIENTES: (TEETH)
OREJAS: (EARS)
OJOS: Medianos,café claro (EYES: Medium, clear coffee color)
CABELLO: Ondulado, castaño obscuro (HAIR: Wavy, dark chestnut color)
MENTON: Cuadrado (CHIN: Square)
EXPEDIENTE: 68/POV/98(FILE: 68/POV/98)

SEÑAS PARTICULARES:
(PARTICULAR SIGNS: )

LUGAR Y FECHA DE EXTRAVIO: Querétaro, Querétaro En 1979.
(PLACE And DATE OF Disappearance: City of Querétaro, State of Querétaro In 1979.)

ROPAS QUE VESTIA: (What Clothing was being worn)

OBSERVACIONES: EXP. 68/POV/98 (OBSERVATIONS: EXP. 68/POV/98 - this is the official file number)

CUALQUIER INFORMACION FAVOR DE REPORTARLA A LOS TELEFONOS:
53-46-01-00
DEL INTERIOR DE LA REPUBLICA
AL
01-800-00-252-00
SIN COSTO

Translation:
If you have any information , please report it at the following telephone numbers:

53-46-01-00 (if in the interior of the Republic of Mexico) or​
01-800-00-252-00 (WITHOUT COST - toll free)

Link to Missing Person Page for Monica Gonzalez Castillo:

http://www.pgr.gob.mx/cgi-bin/persextr.exe/datos?registro=137&ind=2

these links don't work.....

Bumping case up. The origional Mexican website which posted this information no longer exists. The case, however, was never solved as far as I know.

Is Monica Gonzalez-Castillo still missing?
I found a page http://mavweb.mnsu.edu/bittid/missingperson.htm linking to her Doe network page http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1516dfmx.html but it doesn't seem to exist any more either.

I believe that Monica is still missing. At one time there was an official Mexican website of missing persons and she was listed on it.

I translated the poster into English and put it here on Websleuths and sent it to Doenetwork as well.

Unforutnately, the Mexican legal authorities never responded to any inquiries and after a while their website ceased to exist.

FRENTE (IN FRONT)

FYI: Frente also means forehead, not that it's of any major importance. But in spanish a word could mean different things depending on what country you are speaking of.

A new article on this case....

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/cases-662434-force-task.html

Orange County cold-case experts' latest case: Who was this Jane Doe unidentified for 27 years?

May 19, 2015
Updated May 20, 2015 10:05 a.m.

SANTA ANA – The woman’s body was headless.

That’s what a man saw when he walked his dog down a dry creek bed in Santiago Park on March 31, 1988.

For police, the horrific scene offered few clues. The woman was unidentified. And though her head was found four days later, near where her body was found, she remained unknown. Police could only speculate that she was in her 20s, white or Latina, and possibly from out of the area.

What’s more, nobody came forward to claim her.

Still, the woman – and the mystery – hasn’t been forgotten, even after 27 years. Same for about 1,000 other victims of unsolved homicides in Orange County.

24UFCA3.jpg
24UFCA.jpg
24UFCA1.jpg
24UFCA2.jpg

Artistic renderings of the victim.

Date of Discovery: March 31, 1988
Location of Discovery: Santa Ana, Orange County, California
Estimated Date of Death: Days prior
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Cause of Death: Homicide by stabbing.
Estimated Age: 22-28 years old
Race: Hispanic or White
Estimated Height: 5'3 - 5'5"
Measured Weight: 130 lbs.
Hair Color: Black. 9" long.
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: She was well nourished. She had a scar measuring one inch under her navel, possibly from Laparoscopy. There were stretch marks on her abdomen. Short thumbs at tips.

Dentals: Available. Her teeth were mottled and brown. Untreated caries in teeth 3, 4 and 31.
Fingerprints: Available.
DNA: Not available.

Clothing: he was wearing a yellow tank top; white pants; 36A bra; and white tennis shoes.
Jewelry: She was wearing gold hoop earrings in ear cuff style.

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim's decapitated body was discovered at 4:00PM in the bushes near an entrance to Santiago Park in Santa Ana, California. Her head was found four days later, at the north side of the park in a dry creek bed. It is believed that the killer had placed the head at the scene after the discovery of the body, as searches for it upon the discovery were extensive.

After her head was found, it was determined that she had been stabbed a total of nine times in the face and once in the neck.

It is possible that she was from the southwestern United States or Mexico, based on examination of her teeth.

Her case was reopened in April 2015 in hopes to solve the case.

Investigating Agency
Orange County Coroner's Office: 714-647-7400
Agency Case Number: 88-01828-SC
NCIC Case Number: U305734428

Information Source(s)
Orange County Sheriff
Orange County Register (July 5, 2014)
ABC 7 News (April 30, 2015)

8 Missing Person Exclusions
Betty Lee Redfield
Hazel Klug
Karrie Monroe
Laura Maize
Maria Quair
Patricia Schmidt
Shannon Potter
Sherry Bynum

No idea who she might be, but that seems a very personal way to kill someone - disfigure their face with multiple stab wounds and then cut off their head.

No idea who she might be, but that seems a very personal way to kill someone - disfigure their face with multiple stab wounds and then cut off their head.
And how odd for the killer to have placed her head near where the body was found days after the initial discovery. Seems almost cartel like behavior.

ETA: I wonder why all the recons of her depict her hair with short hair. I wish they would have included one with 9” inch long hair, it would make it easier to visualize what she may have looked like in life. IMO

*Bump*

88-01828-SC | Orange County, California - Sheriff's Department

John/Jane Doe Summary Form

8801828f.gif

8801828f2.gif

PRINT: Right Thumb
8801828p.gif

CORONER CASE NUMBER: 88-01828-SC

SEX: Female
RACE: Caucasian/Hispanic
DATE FOUND: 3/31/88

AGE Est. : 22-28
EYES: Unknown
HAIR: Black, 9" Long
HGT. Inches: 63-65
WEIGHT LBS: 130

CITY FOUND: Santa Ana
LOCATION FOUND: Santiago Park, Santa Ana
DEATH CLASSIFICATION: Homicide

PHYSIQUE: Well nourished
FEATURES: 9" black hair, Laparoscopy (?) scar 1" long under navel, stretch marks to abdomen, 36-A bra, white pants & shoes, yellow shirt
TATTOOS: None
JEWELRY: None

TEETH/CONDITION: Brown & white mottled teeth (suggests S/W U.S or Mexican resident), caries #3, 4, 31

8801828d.gif

DV or SK? could be either w the gruesome aspect.
I go back and forth on this, but I lean on SK. I grew up near this area and it has always been a populated area, because it's across from shopping centers/mall, businesses and next to the 5 fwy. Also, not too far from Disneyland. However, that park has always been sketchy, yet lots of hiding spots. I sometimes think it was a SK trucker who did it because easy access to the park, but then I think who would keep the head and then drop it off days later. There is also lots of gang activity near by, so maybe it's drug related?

Her teeth makes me thinks she was transient or user. Poor lady.

I go back and forth on this, but I lean on SK. I grew up near this area and it has always been a populated area, because it's across from shopping centers/mall, businesses and next to the 5 fwy. Also, not too far from Disneyland. However, that park has always been sketchy, yet lots of hiding spots. I sometimes think it was a SK trucker who did it because easy access to the park, but then I think who would keep the head and then drop it off days later. There is also lots of gang activity near by, so maybe it's drug related?

Her teeth makes me thinks she was transient or user. Poor lady.

my first ex husband lived off euclid for awhile i have been around there before. you may be right, poor lady :(

Jane Doe's NamUs' page was recently updated, but I can't see any changes.

These are ruled out per NamUs:

MP7172
Sherry Bynum
08/09/1987
El Paso
CO

--
Laura Maize
--
--
CA

--