WH Spokesman Tony Snow's cancer returns

WASHINGTON - Presidential spokesman Tony Snow's surgery to remove a small growth showed that his cancer has returned, the White House said Tuesday.

Link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070327/ap_on_go_pr_wh/tony_snow_cancer

Spreading to the liver is not good news. Prayers for Tony and family.

I will second that!

I know Tony is the AntiChrist to a lot of you people, being a mouthpiece for the devil himself to some and some will secretly rejoice. But Tony is, as best I can tell, a remarkable guy and a class act.

I sure hope he beats it.

Cal

prayers going to tony and his family at this difficult time. i wish anyone with cancer only the very best!!

I will second that!

I know Tony is the AntiChrist to a lot of you people, being a mouthpiece for the devil himself to some and some will secretly rejoice. But Tony is, as best I can tell, a remarkable guy and a class act.

I sure hope he beats it.

Cal
Tony may play for the wrong team in my opinion, but I seriously doubt that too many people will secretly rejoice this news.

Cancer is a horrible disease and my prayers and best wishes go to Tony and his family.

...Tony is, as best I can tell, a remarkable guy and a class act.

I sure hope he beats it.

Cal
I have always liked Tony Snow. I believe that he got his start in talk radio in the Cincinnati area (could be wrong).

Tony has the exact same illness that killed my father. My father had colon cancer that had spread to his liver. We were told when it spreads to the liver, it is terminal because the liver filters blood and carries it throughout the body.

The doctors gave my father three months to live, but he lived about six months longer. He unfortunately developed painful tumors as part of the illness.

God bless Tony and his family. Miracles do happen every day; and I surely hope that a miracle happens for him.

Yeah, think what you want but I really admire Tony and it really hurt to see him striken with it and at such a young age.

I think Tony really and truly embodies the word class and even during the difficult interviews with the press, he didn't sink to their level.

If I were the WHPS, I would endure the stink and throw some water on Helen Thomas and watch her melt! :D

Cal

Sign me up on the "I like Tony" bandwagon; I wish him the very best at this time. I am saddened to hear this.

First Elizabeth Edwards and now this--this is very distressing news indeed for Tony Snow and his family

My thoughts and prayers go out to Tony and his family and friends. I too think he is a class act. This is such sad news. I'm praying for a miracle!

Tony may play for the wrong team in my opinion, but I seriously doubt that too many people will secretly rejoice this news.

Cancer is a horrible disease and my prayers and best wishes go to Tony and his family.
Well said Maral; you echoed my thoughts.

I will second that!

I sure hope he beats it.

Cal

What a horrible thing to say. And on this caring, compassionate board of all places to make such a statement

My political standings have no bearing on my compassion for a fellow human.

My prayers will be with he, his family, coworkers and our nation as he represents all of us who have fought this disease.

I was deeply saddened to learn the news this morning about Tony and join others in thinking he is definitely a "class act". My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family at this extremely difficult time. I, too, pray for a miracle.

You know, this thread isn't in the Political Pavilion. :waitasec:

I hope Tony Snow beats this and stays on the job as long as possible.

What a horrible thing to say. And on this caring, compassionate board of all places to make such a statement

My political standings have no bearing on my compassion for a fellow human.

My prayers will be with he, his family, coworkers and our nation as he represents all of us who have fought this disease.

I wasn't talking about YOU. ;)

Cal

It's very difficult to treat colon cancer that has spread. I'm very sad for such a vibrant young man and his young family. It just doesn't seem right, or fair.

There's just too much cancer this week, striking people in their '50s and in the spotlight. Brings home how vulnerable we all are.

It must have been very difficult for Katie Couric to do her newscast tonight with all the coverage (quite extensive and informative) about cancer, since colon cancer is (I believe) what killed her husband.

It's very difficult to treat colon cancer that has spread. I'm very sad for such a vibrant young man and his young family. It just doesn't seem right, or fair.

There's just too much cancer this week, striking people in their '50s and in the spotlight. Brings home how vulnerable we all are.

Yes it does M. So many good people and it makes me so sad. Today hasn't been a good day for anyone who cares about others. To see so many stricken in a short period of time is overwhelming.

We were just talking about this today in my Bible study group. Almost all of our prayer requests were about cancer in people very young. We were trying to remember if our parents' friends had cancer like this when we were growing up, and no one could remember it like this.

Was it that we didn't know about it until it was too late? Was it much more hush hush? Or was there just a lot less? It is horrifying.

I will keep Mr. Snow in my prayers as well. So sad.

We were just talking about this today in my Bible study group. Almost all of our prayer requests were about cancer in people very young. We were trying to remember if our parents' friends had cancer like this when we were growing up, and no one could remember it like this.

Was it that we didn't know about it until it was too late? Was it much more hush hush? Or was there just a lot less? It is horrifying.

I will keep Mr. Snow in my prayers as well. So sad.

Don't know how old your parents are but mine are almost 80 and it was very hush, hush in the small Louisiana town I grew up in. Ultimately when people died of illness if was always said, "well it was their time". It was only after moving to Atlanta in the 70's that I became aware of so much and then my own child was stricken.

I am so glad the news media talks about cancer and people come aboard and say they have it and are being treated. The stigma goes away when it becomes universal and then more drugs are discovered and more lives are saved.

We just don't want to hear about it spreading, we want it to be eradicated with treatment. This is the hope.

Don't know how old your parents are but mine are almost 80 and it was very hush, hush in the small Louisiana town I grew up in. Ultimately when people died of illness if was always said, "well it was their time". It was only after moving to Atlanta in the 70's that I became aware of so much and then my own child was stricken.

I am so glad the news media talks about cancer and people come aboard and say they have it and are being treated. The stigma goes away when it becomes universal and then more drugs are discovered and more lives are saved.

We just don't want to hear about it spreading, we want it to be eradicated with treatment. This is the hope.

My parents are 64, and I just don't remember their friends being sick at all like this. They have a good friend whose husband died after fighting cancer for years. He died on my 2nd wedding anniversary (so he was at least in his early 50s), and it was devastating and shocking to all of them - he was so young, his girls were so young, etc. So I don't think they knew so many people like we do who had dealt with this.

In the last 5 years in our small private school (500 kids) we have had 2 kids with leukemia, at least 3 moms that I know of who have undergone or are in treatment for breast cancer, a mom with a benign brain tumor, a dad with a malignant brain tumor, and a dad with Hodgkins. That doesn't count neighborhood people or church people or friends of friends. These are all people who have elementary aged children.

I just feel like it is everywhere. I'm glad people are finding out sooner so they can get treatment, but it is so scary! I guess the good news is that all of these people (at the school) are doing well, and the only one whose prognosis is less than excellent is the dad with the brain tumor. He just had surgery and they aren't sure yet with him.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects
Back