GA - Theresa Parker, 41, Lafayette, 21 March 2007 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her Husband, LaFayette Police Officer, "Distraught"

Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson announced Tuesday that Walker County’s Cave and Rescue team with cadaver K-9s, Walker County Fire Department personnel, Walker County Sheriff’s Office personnel and other volunteers have begun a ground search for Theresa Parker, the 41-year-old 911 dispatcher missing since last Thursday.

~snip~

Sheriff Wilson, at a press conference on Monday afternoon, said Ms. Parker had four days off work and took a day of leave. He said she was due back at work at 7 p.m. Monday.

But he said no one has heard from her since Wednesday night.

~snip~

She was last seen at her sister's house on Wednesday night. Her car was found at her home on Cordell Road in LaFayette on Thursday morning.

Sheriff Wilson said the GBI was called into the case since Ms. Parker is a Walker County employee.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_104261.asp

The article mentions their separation and that she was living elsewhere. This just does not sound good and I'm praying for her safe return. I have a feeling this thread should go straight to the missing/located discussion forum.

I do too, Chico. Georgia women who go missing almost never return alive unfortunately....that is if they are ever found.

FNC reporting on this now. LE got a tip to search around the home and that's where they are searching. Gave the basics nothing new except I hadn't read that they had received a tip.

Her Husband, LaFayette Police Officer, "Distraught"

Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson announced Tuesday that Walker County’s Cave and Rescue team with cadaver K-9s, Walker County Fire Department personnel, Walker County Sheriff’s Office personnel and other volunteers have begun a ground search for Theresa Parker, the 41-year-old 911 dispatcher missing since last Thursday.

~snip~

Sheriff Wilson, at a press conference on Monday afternoon, said Ms. Parker had four days off work and took a day of leave. He said she was due back at work at 7 p.m. Monday.

But he said no one has heard from her since Wednesday night.

~snip~

She was last seen at her sister's house on Wednesday night. Her car was found at her home on Cordell Road in LaFayette on Thursday morning.

Sheriff Wilson said the GBI was called into the case since Ms. Parker is a Walker County employee.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_104261.asp

The article mentions their separation and that she was living elsewhere. This just does not sound good and I'm praying for her safe return. I have a feeling this thread should go straight to the missing/located discussion forum.

From FNC

Parker's car was found at the home she shared at her husband before the separation. Parker was still living in the home but was planning to move to a neighboring town. Samuel Parker was staying with a relative, Wilson said. The GBI has not yet reported any unusual credit-card activity or any other suspicious activity to local authorities, he added.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,261660,00.html

Trying to get a handle on exactly where her car was found and who was living where.

This almost-ex-husband goes to work because he feels it will be the best 'medicine'. Then he goes fishing on Thursday with a buddy. All of this from a distraught separated-husband. Something smells fishy and its not the fishing tackle. I hope I'm wrong but this doesn't feel right.:(

I'm glad you posted this...this disappearance is just down in the valley from where I live.

Sadly, the first thing that popped in my mind when they said her husband was a cop was that he killed her. Not fair to think that way, I know, but something about that fact was the icing on the cake.

I just hope there's a swift resolution...hopefully that she just decided to "take off" for a while, but I doubt it :(.

I'm glad you posted this...this disappearance is just down in the valley from where I live.

Sadly, the first thing that popped in my mind when they said her husband was a cop was that he killed her. Not fair to think that way, I know, but something about that fact was the icing on the cake.

I just hope there's a swift resolution...hopefully that she just decided to "take off" for a while, but I doubt it :(.

Well a cop would have a better chance of pulling off something like this than the average joe....LE has not ruled anyone out at this point. It's encouraging to hear he's cooperating in light of some of the recent cases where the husbands clammed up and have subsequently been charged for their wives murders. It's hard to "clear" them from our perspective until LE says so.

She may have taken off without her car and with her cell turned off. I'm not sure if its been released about any account activity. Nothing has been reported about what if anything was found in any of the residences.

Greta on the phone with LE. Teresa was in the process of moving some personal items into her new apartment in an adjacent or neighboring town. They had been separated about 10 days. LE did confirm the complaints in 2002 but wanted to be careful on how that would be perceived by the media.

Greta on the phone with LE. Teresa was in the process of moving some personal items into her new apartment in an adjacent or neighboring town. They had been separated about 10 days. LE did confirm the complaints in 2002 but wanted to be careful on how that would be perceived by the media.

In addition to 2002 there was another in 2004.Same officer reporting on Greta. OK, got to look at it cannot just say coincidental.Small town LE in Georgia can be obtuse if not challenged when GBI steps up. The difference this time is that it is a 911 operator. I don't think this will have a good outcome.

It sure doesn't sound good. Hopefully she's just tucked away in a motel somewhere.....just typing that just doesn't ring probable.

Why was this moved from the missing forum where it had been. I thought she had been found.

Local news tonight reported they were supposed to go to the bank together to split their assets but they never showed up. They are searching the woods around their house-husband is there but very little is being said about him. Her sisters were interviewed and are adamant that she would not just disappear; something bad has happened to her. Co-workers say the same thing-no way she would not show up for work the past 2 nights without calling.

They showed the townhouse she had rented to move into, her car is still at the house she shared with soon-to-be ex. No interview with him but they did say he is "distraught".

Cadaver dogs are being used in search-this one will end sadly, I am afraid.

Shannon

This is not looking good, but there's a part of me that thinks surely a cop is not stupid enough to kill his wife and go fishing. Right? In the middle of a divorce? Am I grasping at straws?

And there is this little tiny part of me, hoping against hope, that thinks the perfect way to get away from a man like this would be to wait until he was going fishing and then to totally disappear. If there has been a problem since at least 2002, she could have been hiding money, gotten a new cell phone, snuck clothing out of the house, etc. From what I understand there are no kids to leave behind, so maybe she thought letting her family worry a little bit was the price she had to pay to be safe.

Anyone? If he did this then I think that people may never learn b/c that is just stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member