Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Y-nona Files for D-vorce

Y-nona Files for D-vorce

Country superstar Wynonna Judd has filed for divorce from her estranged husband, D.R. Roach, one week after he was arrested in Texas on charges of child sex abuse.more
    http://www.tmz.com/2007/03/27/wynonn...s-for-divorce/

Who would marry a guy named roack anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by PlasmaFiend024 View Post
    Country superstar Wynonna Judd has filed for divorce from her estranged husband, D.R. Roach, one week after he was arrested in Texas on charges of child sex abuse.more
    http://www.tmz.com/2007/03/27/wynonn...s-for-divorce/

Who would marry a guy named roack anyway?
    Holy Cow I did not know he was arrested for that.

Is this the guy that was her bodyguard all those years that she ended up marrying? Child abuse charges? Oh no. She has little kids, not sure if they are his or not.

Seems like the Judd's overcome a mountain and then another one comes their way. (edited to add that this last sentence sounds like it could be a song for them!)

Man, I hate to hear all of this. I love Wynonna.....

Quote Originally Posted by angarella View Post
    Man, I hate to hear all of this. I love Wynonna.....
    Me too, I was listening to "Mamma he's crazy" the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    Me too, I was listening to "Mamma he's crazy" the other day.

Oh, man, I love that song..... need to go dig the Judd's CD's out.

I just got through reading about his and wow is that sad news. I remember her talking on and off over the last few years about how he was her rock, and how he's helped her get financially sound, and say no to people, and work on her weight, etc. And now I found out he had an alleged drug and alcohol problem and was allegedly molesting 13 year olds. I'm telling you, all that glitter is not gold. Whew! But I feel bad for her because she seems like a lovely person who means well but keeps making one bad choice after another.

BTW, yes, I believe he was her manager prior to marrying her, but it could have been her bodyguard because my memory isn't too swift! Also, I believe the 2 kids are her's by a previous marriage, and not his.
    Last edited by HeartofTexas; 03-28-2007 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTexas View Post
    I just got through reading about his and wow is that sad news. I remember her talking on and off over the last few years about how he was her rock, and how he's helped her get financially sound, and say no to people, and work on her weight, etc. And now I found out he had a drug and alcohol problem and was molesting 13 year olds. I'm telling you, all that glitter is not gold. Whew! But I feel bad for her because she seems like a lovely person who means well but keeps making one bad choice after another.

BTW, yes, I believe he was her manager prior to marrying her, but it could have been her bodyguard because my memory isn't too swift! Also, I believe the 2 kids are her's by a previous marriage, and not his.
    He hasn't been convicted yet......

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

To help the victims of the deadly tornadoes, please click here.

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    He hasn't been convicted yet......
    That doesn't mean he's not factually guilty. Where there's smoke....sumthin's smokin'!

Why does it seem like Wy is the one Judd who always gets dealt the bad hand? I know she suffered some issues with being overweight and what not but I really really hope she can be strong through all of this and not let it damper her spirits too much and cause her depression. Obviously she will be crushed as we all would but it just seems like one thing or another is always going on with this one.

DarkKnight: He hasn't been convicted yet......
    Thanks... I changed my post to read "allegedly".

I hate this for Wy, too. She and her sister Ashley were raised so well and so much love by their wonderful mom. Ashley seems to have had an easy time with her life and career, and Wynonna has always had to struggle in her personal affairs. I love their whole family...their mom Naomi is a great lady, and they are all so talented.

English, as you said, I think both girls have had incredible careers... but Ashley has also had some huge emotional problems. She was in therapy within the past couple of years for depression, etc. I think she finally sought help for it after she attended a family meeting where Wynona was getting help.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTexas View Post
    English, as you said, I think both girls have had incredible careers... but Ashley has also had some huge emotional problems. She was in therapy within the past couple of years for depression, etc. I think she finally sought help for it after she attended a family meeting where Wynona was getting help.
    Oh, wow..I didn't realize that. Poor Ashley, too.

Ashley was living with her father for many years while her mother and sister established a music career.

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann View Post
    Ashley was living with her father for many years while her mother and sister established a music career.
    I believe Wynona didn't know the true identity of her father until she was an adult. Before she could contact him, he died.

I wish her the best. She is one talented person.
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

What a shame that this has happened ..... I had hoped that Wy had finally found happiness and peace with Roach. Now I read the charges of his arrest and it scares me to death, especially since she has children. I truly hope Wynnona can find peace in her life. She is a very talented person and she has searched so long for happiness. I hope she finds it within herself.

Good piece about it on True Crime blog:

http://truecrimeblog.blogspot.com/?p=284

She was previously married to yacht salesman Arch Kelly, She was pregnant with her son Elijah. She met her father 2x before he passed. Old Naomi didn't tell her the truth about who was her dad. She believed Mike Cimennalla was her bio dad. They were close for a bit. He had kept a scrapbook of her, but didn't bother her. Ashley is Mike C's bio kid. They had taken the stage name Wynonna and Naomi Judd. Roach was her long time bodyguard. Her family was estatic when she wed. They thought he was perfect. She has had her ups and many downs. Weight, depression, wildness as a teen. But tis life in the spotlight. If it's too good to be true. It usually is.

Quote Originally Posted by angarella View Post
    Good piece about it on True Crime blog:

http://truecrimeblog.blogspot.com/?p=284

Very interesting piece to say the least...... I hope we can find out more about this case.

I am frightened by the fact that none of these press releases says that the victims are not his step-children. If I were Wynona and that were true, I would make sure it was included every time.

I fear for those kids.
    Please help find Gerry Largay, 66, missing on the Appalachian Trail in Maine.
    http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article/25...ssing-in-Maine

Quote Originally Posted by angelmom View Post
    I am frightened by the fact that none of these press releases says that the victims are not his step-children. If I were Wynona and that were true, I would make sure it was included every time.

I fear for those kids.
    I agree with you , Angelmom. I was just thinking of that .

Quote Originally Posted by angelmom View Post

I fear for those kids.
    Do we know for a fact that his stepchildren aren't victims? (I know they aren't involved in this arrest.)

I haven't been able to find much on his personal background. We know about the security business stuff but what about past relationships, his parents and siblings, neices and nephews? where did he grow up and was there a juvinille police record?

It is my opinion that people don't lead trouble-free lives and then suddenly start raping little children after age 40. When they don't get arrested until later in life you can usually go back and find previous victims that were never reported or charges that were pled down to something less than a sex offense.

Interesting coincidence, I went to high school in Abilene (where he was arrested last month) 1977-80 with a Danny Roach. It is probably not the same guy, but i can't tell for sure from the mug shot. The guy I knew had very dark hair with a distinctive silvery-grey streak, so he would probably be grey by now. Can't tell if D.R.'s hair is naturally blonde or if it's a color job. Height and build are close, though.

Anyone know where this D.R. Roach is from?

Susan

BINGO.
    Texas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast