837 users online (109 members and 728 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

TX - Katherine Nadal for mutilating infant son, Harris County, 2007

WEBSTER, Texas A woman with a history of drug abuse says she woke up from a nap to find her miniature dachshund had torn off her baby boy's genitals. Authorities have doubts about her story, but exactly how the newborn was maimed is still a mystery.
    Holden Gothia, now 7 weeks old, was found on a bed in his mother's suburban Houston apartment March 13, covered in blood. His genitals were severed and there was a deep cut in his upper leg.
    He has been in critical condition ever since. He may never regain the use of his leg and faces years of operations, according to the boy's father, Camden Gothia.
    Police, doctors and Child Protective Service officials told the baby's father that the injuries were not consistent with dog bites the lacerations were too neat.
    But Holden's mother, the only person who might have the answers, has checked into a treatment program and refuses to cooperate with police. No charges have been filed.

More at link:
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,261845,00.html

Absolutely horrific story. if she — or someone she knows — did this, i hope she's put away forever.
    Last edited by Floh; 03-28-2007 at 02:27 PM.

I like the father. I don't think the doggie did anything wrong.

I hope the Mom gets help, but I'd have a hard time letting her see her baby again without supervision.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

It sound as if the mother is mentally ill and something crazy drove her to do such a horrible thing... maybe she wanted a girl, maybe she was raped and hates men for it... who knows. I do know, however, that there is NO excuse for what she did. This is disgusting and inhumane.
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...

Poor little guy.
    Just thinkin' out loud....

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    This makes me sick. That poor little baby.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Baby heads home after mutilation

http://www.star-telegram.com/189/story/76075.html

An infant whose genitals were severed in an attack his mother blamed on the family's miniature dachshund has been released to the care of an aunt.
    The nearly 3-month old boy will live with his father's older sister until permanent custody is decided by a Harris County court. The aunt will supervise all contact between the baby and his father, Camden Gothia, according to Child Protective Services. (more at link)
    ==
    That poor baby.

Words cannot describe how I feel for this poor baby, (the words I would use would get me banned from WS).

good.
    The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
    Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by sherri79 View Post

OMG, this makes me sick but I can't help but laugh because I was (and still am) always so afraid I was going to damage my son's equipment by mere touch when he was a baby. Boys are always so sensitive about that area...
    Rest in peace little Marcus.

Where is Jaycee Lee Dugard?

Quote Originally Posted by californiacarrie View Post
    OMG, this makes me sick but I can't help but laugh because I was (and still am) always so afraid I was going to damage my son's equipment by mere touch when he was a baby. Boys are always so sensitive about that area...
    i have a son and i know what you mean about sensitive. that just makes me think about how much pain this child was in.

Poor little guy. God Bless him and help him through the struggles he may face. Give hin strength and courage to make it through.

She's not mentally ill. She's a drug addict. She tested positive for meth and cocaine the day after the baby was injured. She was picked up a few months after this with another man (not baby's father) in a motel room, doing drugs.

She's never made a statement to the police or answered questions from them about the injuries.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast